Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

6 hours ago, illWill said:

Beaulieu, McCarron and a 1st for Duchene

In what world would this be enough for Duchene?  That's a dollar for three quarters.  Seeing as our pick will probably be in the 20's, Beaulieu's the most valuable asset going back, and there's no way Colorado would let go of Duchene for that kind of package.

The fact that Montreal's been rumoured to be in everything leads me to believe that Bergevin is willing to deal Sergachev for a top forward.   

34 minutes ago, Neech said:

In what world would this be enough for Duchene?  That's a dollar for three quarters.  Seeing as our pick will probably be in the 20's, Beaulieu's the most valuable asset going back, and there's no way Colorado would let go of Duchene for that kind of package.

The fact that Montreal's been rumoured to be in everything leads me to believe that Bergevin is willing to deal Sergachev for a top forward.   

In all fairness.... Stu Cowan recently suggested the Beaulieu, McCarron + 1st package for Duchene recently.

7 hours ago, Neech said:

The world where the reported ask is a young roster player, a prospect and a pick. 

Keep in mind Sakic is overstating what he wants for him so there is room to negotiate down a bit

1 hour ago, Habsfan1989 said:

Forget about him we don't have the prospects or talent to make a big trade like that.  I say MB does nothing big at trade deadline.

Well he does seem to be able to fiddle while the team burns down, a la last year.

5 hours ago, illWill said:

The world where the reported ask is a young roster player, a prospect and a pick. 

Keep in mind Sakic is overstating what he wants for him so there is room to negotiate down a bit

I look at it from a fan/marketing perspective. Duchene is one of the faces of that franchise. Can you really trade him for a so-so roster player (in this case, Beaulieu) who may never become much more than he is right now? If you think N8 has real potential to become a #2 d-man, an impact guy, that's one thing. But if you think of him in the way that many on this board seem to - i.e., as a guy who may never be more than a #4 - then it's gonna be really hard to sell that to the fan-base. Maybe McCarron can satisfy the fans as a prospect, because of his freakish size; maybe you can sell that. But man, if Bergevin made the equivalent trade - a 60-point FW for Beaulieu, McCarron and a low first-round pick - would WE be happy?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I look at it from a fan/marketing perspective. Duchene is one of the faces of that franchise. Can you really trade him for a so-so roster player (in this case, Beaulieu) who may never become much more than he is right now? If you think N8 has real potential to become a #2 d-man, an impact guy, that's one thing. But if you think of him in the way that many on this board seem to - i.e., as a guy who may never be more than a #4 - then it's gonna be really hard to sell that to the fan-base. Maybe McCarron can satisfy the fans as a prospect, because of his freakish size; maybe you can sell that. But man, if Bergevin made the equivalent trade - a 60-point FW for Beaulieu, McCarron and a low first-round pick - would WE be happy?

Of course us Hab fans wouldn't be happy to trade a 60 point player right now because we consider us to be a group of 8-10 teams that have a shot at the cup. It's never a good feeling when your team trades away a high end player, especially for young players that an opposing fan base may not have heard of. The only way to spin that positively is to sell the idea of tearing it down and rebuilding. I can't even tell you who Toronto got for Phil Kessel, but that's how they spun that transaction. I don't recall Leaf fans being all that outraged about the deal because it gave them hope for the future, which at the time was very bleak. Colorado is in a position now where they have missed the playoffs 5 out the last 6 years, so their fan base must be getting frustrated with the current situation, sitting dead last in the league by a mile. I think if they can acquire an NHL ready defenseman, draft a stud with the #1 or #2 pick, plus insert whatever players they get for the players they have available, that will speed up their rebuild significantly. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

In the three years we were a playoff team

Bergevin added

Ryder

Vanek

Petry

In addition to depth moves.

To say he wont make an impact move and only fiddles at the edges isnt exactly true.

Yes those were good signings, they may not have worked out the way we wanted but good cheap signings. Mind I was speaking about last year........

Ithink we should go after Brian Boyle, a great big center who can go to the net hard, and wins faceoffs. He should be cheap

The Habs have the prospects to get Duchene if MB wishes to do so.. Sergy, Juuls, Lindgren .. All nice prospects.

Duchene is the exact type of player that Montreal has been missing for years. If you can add him without subtracting much from the team, you give yourself a mighty good chance at the ultimate goal.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Ithink we should go after Brian Boyle, a great big center who can go to the net hard, and wins faceoffs. He should be cheap

I don't think he'll be cheap.  Personally, I think he fetches one of the bigger returns of any rental player between now and the deadline.  He's showing a nice scoring touch, is good on the draw, can play C or the W, is big, and is cheap.  There aren't a lot of top six guys available which will up the price on the higher end bottom six guys like Boyle.

2 hours ago, illWill said:

Of course us Hab fans wouldn't be happy to trade a 60 point player right now because we consider us to be a group of 8-10 teams that have a shot at the cup. It's never a good feeling when your team trades away a high end player, especially for young players that an opposing fan base may not have heard of. The only way to spin that positively is to sell the idea of tearing it down and rebuilding. I can't even tell you who Toronto got for Phil Kessel, but that's how they spun that transaction. I don't recall Leaf fans being all that outraged about the deal because it gave them hope for the future, which at the time was very bleak. Colorado is in a position now where they have missed the playoffs 5 out the last 6 years, so their fan base must be getting frustrated with the current situation, sitting dead last in the league by a mile. I think if they can acquire an NHL ready defenseman, draft a stud with the #1 or #2 pick, plus insert whatever players they get for the players they have available, that will speed up their rebuild significantly. 

I agree, but I have trouble seeing N8, Big Mac and a #22 overall pick which (probabilities suggest) will not amount to anything great as cornerstones of a great rebuild. That trade gives you one useful secondary piece, a probable bottom-6 grinder, and an X-factor. That's why, if I'm Colorado, I ask for Sergachev straight up.

19 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I look at it from a fan/marketing perspective. Duchene is one of the faces of that franchise. Can you really trade him for a so-so roster player (in this case, Beaulieu) who may never become much more than he is right now? 

Even Avs fans are ready for him to be traded, honestly. People will be more upset about Landeskog being gone. McKinnon, Rantanen, and Zadorov are about all anyone cares about.

Duchene seems to get the Plekanec treatment, he gets the rotating cast of wingers, and as such his value is diminished to the casual fan here that thinks he should be able to turn Matt Nieto into a 30/30 guy. I'm overstating just a little, but most people are ready for the team to be blown up. Denver is about to have a year of no playoffs for any of the 4 sports teams, and 3 of the 4 have been nearly dead last in their leagues for a while now. 

1 hour ago, huzer said:

Even Avs fans are ready for him to be traded, honestly. People will be more upset about Landeskog being gone. McKinnon, Rantanen, and Zadorov are about all anyone cares about.

Duchene seems to get the Plekanec treatment, he gets the rotating cast of wingers, and as such his value is diminished to the casual fan here that thinks he should be able to turn Matt Nieto into a 30/30 guy. I'm overstating just a little, but most people are ready for the team to be blown up. Denver is about to have a year of no playoffs for any of the 4 sports teams, and 3 of the 4 have been nearly dead last in their leagues for a while now. 

So what would seem 'fairest' to you from both sides;

Duchene for Beaulieu, Gallagher, 1st

Duchene for Gallagher, McCarron, 1st

Duchene for Gallagher & Sergachev

Duchene for 1st, Sergachev + Desharnais simply for salary

Duchene for Beaulieu, 1st, McCarron + Desharnais for salary

1 hour ago, DON said:

So what would seem 'fairest' to you from both sides;

Duchene for Beaulieu, Gallagher, 1st

Duchene for Gallagher, McCarron, 1st

Duchene for Gallagher & Sergachev

Duchene for 1st, Sergachev + Desharnais simply for salary

Duchene for Beaulieu, 1st, McCarron + Desharnais for salary

Realistically #2.

I'd hope for #5

#1, 3, 4 are overpayments by Habs. 

20 minutes ago, Neech said:

How is a pick in the 20's and last year's #9 an overpayment for a first-line center?  

We've been over this... I wouldn't give Sergachev 1 for 1 for a guy who is less than elite talent. 

Duchene is a 60 point guy, he's not a franchise centre. 

If I include an elite, blue-chip level prospect in any package, i want more than a 60 point guy. 

Duchene is th expendable one since they'll most likely have Tyson Jost in the lineup next year. That said, the team is weak everywhere, and the Kroenkes are basketball fans, and not terribly interested in the hockey team. I'm not sure how meddling Josh Kroenke is when it comes to Sakic's work, though. 

Their D is pathetic, the wings are equally bad, and they have a tiny bit of center depth. They don't have any G depth, but don't seem to be looking for anything beyond Varly anyway. 

It'll take some combination of D+W for Duchene. Beaulieu/Emelin + potential top 6 winger Gallagher/Scherbak + pick(s). They are particularly weak on RW, which the Habs aren't very deep at either. I kind of envision a multi-year tank job by the Avs hoping for a few high picks. I don't see a lot of their players being able to be traded for high picks, Landy and Duchene being it, really. They should be able to get 1st rounders back in any deal for them. It doesn't seem like a deep draft, so I'd almost see Sakic deferring to 2018 picks to keep the tank alive next year, too.

Also when these types of players get traded (Seguin, Spezza, Kessel, Heatley, etc... etc....) the return is almost always underwhelming.  I don't see a lot of teams giving up top 10 picks for them in recent years.  Maybe Jeff Carter to Columbus being the only one. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

We've been over this... I wouldn't give Sergachev 1 for 1 for a guy who is less than elite talent. 

Duchene is a 60 point guy, he's not a franchise centre. 

If I include an elite, blue-chip level prospect in any package, i want more than a 60 point guy. 

Would you trade Gally + Sergachev for Duchene and 'pretty good' defensive prospect? I keep toying with this sort of scenario, where we give up Sergachev but get a top-4 D prospect back, and give up a good FW for a higher-scoring one. Seems balanced in principle, but I have no idea if it could actually work, or if Colorado has such a prospect.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont think colorado has the prospect to do it.

I.also think changing galchenyuk for Duchene is a small upgrade but it doesnt address the true issue of adding another top 6 c

I meant Gallagher. I don't think Duchesne is a huge upgrade on Galchenyuk.