Fail For Nail Campaign

C-Love

I havent seen him play in Washington but last year for us he was a horse...we just need someone to stabalize the defence.

next years defence core needs to be alot better.

Markov - Yemilin

Subban - Gorges

Kaberle - matt carle ?

or better yet (and i know i am dreaming)

Markov - Ryan Suter

Subban - Gorges

Diaz - yemelin

We definetely need a top 4 dman to stabilize the D. I'd want more of a defensive D and a physical guy than Matt Carle though. I'm looking at B. Jackman, B. Stuart, B. Allen, N. Grossman, M. Jurcina, as the guys I'd be after, in that order.

I would throw the world at Suter

8 years 50-56 million and front load the shit out of it.

IMO He's going to Detroit, with Rafalski retiring this year, and the possibility of Lidstrom retiring soon they will have a ton of money to put into defence.   From his perspective, I think if the money is close, he goes to Detroit.

IMO He's going to Detroit, with Rafalski retiring this year, and the possibility of Lidstrom retiring soon they will have a ton of money to put into defence. From his perspective, I think if the money is close, he goes to Detroit.

I wouldn't be surprised at that either. It will be interesting to see how Weber and Suter do when not together.

I wouldn't be surprised at that either. It will be interesting to see how Weber and Suter do when not together.

Both will do well.

Nashville has two true #1's

Weber is a super star

but Suter is still a #1

I could see them both going to Detroit. Surer this year, weber next year. By next year they have Rafalski and lidstrom's money to spend.

This is precisely why I would not throw big money at Suter. You know who the second best defenseman on the ice for Detroit is? The guy playing with Lidstrom. Elite defensemen make their partner look amazing. Suter may be great by himself, but I would be hesitant to throw huge money at him.

This is precisely why I would not throw big money at Suter. You know who the second best defenseman on the ice for Detroit is? The guy playing with Lidstrom. Elite defensemen make their partner look amazing. Suter may be great by himself, but I would be hesitant to throw huge money at him.

I think Suter is really good in his own right, but you are again correct in how good a partner can make a guy look. Markov made Rivet look like a D who was worth Gorges and a 1st round pick. Markov then made Komisarek into an all-star with a fat pay-day in Toronto. I do agree that these guys can look great when they are put beside someone elite, so while I don't believe it will happen with Suter, it is a risk to consider.

+1

You guys do know that it's Suter who makes Weber look good, not the other way around?

Elliotte Friedman brought this up a few times in his "30 thoughts" series (which is a great read, by the way).

GMs are basically split on who they think makes the other look better.

We definetely need a top 4 dman to stabilize the D. I'd want more of a defensive D and a physical guy than Matt Carle though. I'm looking at B. Jackman, B. Stuart, B. Allen, N. Grossman, M. Jurcina, as the guys I'd be after, in that order.

yeah i thought Jackman would look good with us too, i didnt know that stuart was UFA

Very interesting posts guys. Thanks. The next line will comprise my interesting and insightful opinion.

.......er.... :bouncing: .

Elliotte Friedman brought this up a few times in his "30 thoughts" series (which is a great read, by the way).

GMs are basically split on who they think makes the other look better.

Interesting. If they are split up we will find out. I do know he is awesome right now. Robinson and Savard were both pretty amazing on their own as well. How lucky is Nashville? I would not want to let go of these two if I were their GM.

IMO He's going to Detroit, with Rafalski retiring this year, and the possibility of Lidstrom retiring soon they will have a ton of money to put into defence. From his perspective, I think if the money is close, he goes to Detroit.

Honest question here. We have Tinordi let's say another year away. Beaulieu maybe 2 years away, we have Subban not even in his prime, we have Gorges and Emelin who look destined to remain......do we really need to bring in a guy like Suter. Don;t get me wrong I know he's better then any name I just mentioned but I would like to see us continue to go with this youth and to add some real toughness to these guys to keep them safe and allow them to develop.

Furthermore do to these guys what Nashville did with Suter/Weber and keep our kids together and learn how to play together on a yearly basis. In other words.....Emelin-Subban is out pairing for the next 7 years type of thing. I like it when teams always have the same guys playing together. Seabrook-Keith, Kronwall-Stuart, Weber-Suter, Hatcher-Matvichuk, Ozolinsh-Foote, etc.....let's keep these pairings consistent.

Honest question here. We have Tinordi let's say another year away. Beaulieu maybe 2 years away, we have Subban not even in his prime, we have Gorges and Emelin who look destined to remain......do we really need to bring in a guy like Suter. Don;t get me wrong I know he's better then any name I just mentioned but I would like to see us continue to go with this youth and to add some real toughness to these guys to keep them safe and allow them to develop.

Furthermore do to these guys what Nashville did with Suter/Weber and keep our kids together and learn how to play together on a yearly basis. In other words.....Emelin-Subban is out pairing for the next 7 years type of thing. I like it when teams always have the same guys playing together. Seabrook-Keith, Kronwall-Stuart, Weber-Suter, Hatcher-Matvichuk, Ozolinsh-Foote, etc.....let's keep these pairings consistent.

I agree with your assessment. We're going to look a lot like the Rangers D in a few years but better. Gorges/Subban/Tinordi/Beaulieu/Emelin/Markov (or another veteran)/Diaz is one damn good top 7. No question it would be tough enough, offensive enough and smart enough. I don't think a lot of people realize the potential of Beaulieu. We're talking a kid who is going to be 6'3", 200+lbs when NHL ready who can skate with the best, quarterback a powerplay, hit, be hit and play with a mean streak.

I agree with your assessment. We're going to look a lot like the Rangers D in a few years but better. Gorges/Subban/Tinordi/Beaulieu/Emelin/Markov (or another veteran)/Diaz is one damn good top 7. No question it would be tough enough, offensive enough and smart enough. I don't think a lot of people realize the potential of Beaulieu. We're talking a kid who is going to be 6'3", 200+lbs when NHL ready who can skate with the best, quarterback a powerplay, hit, be hit and play with a mean streak.

I love the idea of Tinordi and Emelin... that would be terrifying to come down the ice at...

What side would Beaulieu play on the PP could he be playing with Subban on the points? If so thats excellent!

I love the idea of Tinordi and Emelin... that would be terrifying to come down the ice at...

What side would Beaulieu play on the PP could he be playing with Subban on the points? If so thats excellent!

Everything I've saw Beaulieu playing the RD due to his left handed shot. You can pretty much expect him to be there. If there was ever such thing as a Markov replacement, Beaulieu is going to be it.

(I know Subban likes to play RD at times but I see a Subban - Beaulieu combo working best)

He's a LH shot so he'd play LS 5 on 5 and RS on PP

ON a different note, its nice to see the Lightning winning against Boston tonight....and the Islanders picked up at least one point against the Caps. SO even if our boys do win tomorrow against the hens, we'll still be 15th.

ON a different note, its nice to see the Lightning winning against Boston tonight....and the Islanders picked up at least one point against the Caps. SO even if our boys do win tomorrow against the hens, we'll still be 15th.

Seeing anyone derail the Bruins like that is always nice to see :)

What's the Leafs up to? "YAY, it seems we might reach the playoffs this year... wait a MINUTE!!! Habs getting a top pick? WE MUST get a better pick then them! LETS LOSE THE REST GIRLS!"

What's the Leafs up to? "YAY, it seems we might reach the playoffs this year... wait a MINUTE!!! Habs getting a top pick? WE MUST get a better pick then them! LETS LOSE THE REST GIRLS!"

Really hope the Leafs put together a nice 5 game winning streak.

I DO NOT WANT the Habs passing them.