The agony and the ectasy

Bostonhabs

The way they are playing and the way our so call #1 is not standing on his head ( always on the ice ) we are done in 5 no matter who we play. Been a habs fan for life and at the moment very embarrassed to tell people i am a fan. The worst part is if we play the leafs we will lose. just awful

Edited by sakiqc
Title edited as proposed.

They'll beat the Leafs, Isles, Rangers, Senators or Caps. I'm worried about the Bruins and terrified of the Penguins.

They'll get through round 1, it's the next that really worries me.

The way they are playing and the way our so call #1 is not standing on his head ( always on the ice ) we are done in 5 no matter who we play. Been a habs fan for life and at the moment very embarrassed to tell people i am a fan. The worst part is if we play the leafs we will lose. just awful

If you feel this way now, tell me how you felt last year. 4th in the East with a shot at 2nd.....man it must suck to be a fan of that team. Meanwhile a single fan in Florida is celebrating his team's win tonight against the tough Ranger squad. That guy is happier than you somehow.

• Upvote 2

It's not looking good. Even if we were on the top of our game, I think we would have our hands full with TO. I will say that as it stands now, the prospect of us getting swept by the Leafs is very good. The Leafs are the exact opposite of us, they are all rolling and Reimer is looking like a Vezina candidate. Combine that with the fact that they are huge and fast, and Emelin is out, and I think if we did get by them, someone should option the movie rights, as it could be considered the Miracle on Ice 2.

• Upvote 1

You have to be realistic, you are indicating that realistic fans are "less fans" than unrealistic fans. There is no shame in being realistic, you think because you live in a fantasy world where numbers/stats and recent history are not important, you're a better fan? Come on....... I'm not saying it's impossible for us to get by the Leafs, but It's a big uphill climb to say the least and if you can't see that.......

I think we have seen enough teams back into the playoffs and then suddenly click into form - c.f. the LA Kings, not to mention the 1986, 1993, and 2010 Habs - to reject this kind of deterministic negativity. The fact is, we don't know enough about this team to know whether it is likely to slump its way out of the dance, or to snap back into form once the games really start mattering. I agree that it's not looking great, I agree that I don't want to play the Leafs, but going from that to the certainty that we will lose in the playoffs is a bridge too far. And then saying things like 'embarrassed' - come on. The current slump is embarrassing, yes. But how we can be ashamed of a team that finishes 5th in the Conference after NO ONE expected it to do anything at all beats me. After suffering through 1997-2007, to say nothing of the collapses of 2009 and 2011, I would think Habs' fans should have a more realistic sense of when a team is a genuine disgrace.

• Upvote 1

You have to be realistic, you are indicating that realistic fans are "less fans" than unrealistic fans. There is no shame in being realistic, you think because you live in a fantasy world where numbers/stats and recent history are not important, you're a better fan? Come on....... I'm not saying it's impossible for us to get by the Leafs, but It's a big uphill climb to say the least and if you can't see that.......

I'm very realistic. I wasn't even talking to you. I was highlighting this....

Been a habs fan for life and at the moment very embarrassed to tell people i am a fan.

A fan sticks by their team through thick and thin. You should never be embarrassed to tell people what team you are a fan of, good times or bad.

Its fine to acknowledge that the team isn't playing well, or to be realistic about their chances... but to be embarrassed to be a fan?

Even though I do agree that the past 2 weeks have been horrible, I don't think we can say that they'll be swept in the first round.

Yes, I'm worried right now. I'm worried that Carey is struggling and even more worried about our defence, however, like CC mentionned, the 1993 Habs had lost 6 of their last 8 games and the only 2 wins they had was with Red Light Racicot in nets. true that the 93 team was better than this years team, but I still think we have to see what happens in the final two games before we panic!

I would like to stay positive. i would say that through the years there have always been good games between Toronto and Montreal despite how good or bad those teams were. I think it is incorrect to suggest that the remaining games are not significant. Tell that to Molson when he loses a home gig. I can see fans, disappointed with the downhill spiral of late and how that projects into the near future. I am dissatisfied with fans that say getting into playoffs is enough. Not getting to low or too high, MB clearly has not put the eggs in the basket for this year.

If you feel this way now, tell me how you felt last year. 4th in the East with a shot at 2nd.....man it must suck to be a fan of that team. Meanwhile a single fan in Florida is celebrating his team's win tonight against the tough Ranger squad. That guy is happier than you somehow.

I was there!!!! I can't say I'm a fan, but seeing the obnoxious Rangers fans walk out disappointed was one of the few treats this season.

I'm embarrassed that we have people like you who call themselves fans

Commandant knows his stuff! We won't know until the playoffs, it's called a different season for a reason, a Capitals player, after last game, remarked that we're playing not to get injured. They're in. Do you want to see Pacioretty separate his shoulder beating down an icing? These guys are just mailing it in.

It's not looking good. Even if we were on the top of our game, I think we would have our hands full with TO. I will say that as it stands now, the prospect of us getting swept by the Leafs is very good. The Leafs are the exact opposite of us, they are all rolling and Reimer is looking like a Vezina candidate. Combine that with the fact that they are huge and fast, and Emelin is out, and I think if we did get by them, someone should option the movie rights, as it could be considered the Miracle on Ice 2.

actually, toronto is playing horrible hockey right now and there team is not rolling. after we gifted them a victory NJ exposed them all over the ice and they were completly outplayed only to have reimer steal the game. that was followed by 2 losses while being outplayed and and then another hammering by OTT only to have reimer steal another one. TO is a good team with some exceptional goaltending right now but thats it! we shouldnt fear them and i believe people dont want to play them because of the fear of losing to the leaf fans more so the team. we are just as good and you have to think carey will sooner or later shake out of this funk! or at least im hoping!

btw im pretty sure boston has dropped like 4 of 5 as well. every team in the NHL has gone through a 6/7 game slump outside of CHI. it just so happens ours is now and ends before the playoffs. better now then game 1!!!!!!

It really all depends on Price. He kicked off this slump with some horrendous goaltending when we were playing well. Now he needs to do the opposite. Help the team get back it's confidence by stealing a game or two. If he can get his game back, we'll go deep in the playoffs, Toronto or no Toronto. If he doesn't, we're done (like any team would be without good playoff goaltending).

It really all depends on Price. He kicked off this slump with some horrendous goaltending when we were playing well. Now he needs to do the opposite. Help the team get back it's confidence by stealing a game or two. If he can get his game back, we'll go deep in the playoffs, Toronto or no Toronto. If he doesn't, we're done (like any team would be without good playoff goaltending).

I think Price kept us in the Devils game. He made some spectacular stops. The team just sucked the big one on the penalty kill and couldn't beat Brodeur (big shocker). Second goal shouldn't have counted either. It was just an ugly mix of circumstances.

I also believe the team playing not to get hurt. It makes sense to go easy once you are in. I will get my hopes up that this is the case until the playoffs get started. I do think the injury to Emelin is huge as it is effecting the pairings. What we had was working. I was one of the "ain't winnin' for McKinnon" guys starting the season. Am so proud of the turn around this season. I am not down on them for this slump. If Washington can go from dismal to winners over night why can't Montreal come back to life and get back to the system? What would be better for our egos as fans than sweeping the laughs in round one? Makes up for the bad games pretty quickly. Keep the faith, the torch ain't out yet.

Commandant knows his stuff! We won't know until the playoffs, it's called a different season for a reason, a Capitals player, after last game, remarked that we're playing not to get injured. They're in. Do you want to see Pacioretty separate his shoulder beating down an icing? These guys are just mailing it in.

I think that really could be it, though our post office seems to have a little more Zest lately. And CC makes a very good point. If we want les glorieux to be good hockey players and suck it up, we should lead by example and be good fans.

Fan up guys!

P.S. In a hardware store the other day, was a pallet full of summer stock, oscillating fans.... I thought of the Leafs. (you can use it its fresh.)

I don't recall which player it was , but it was an 'underperorming' guy, who said that the vets know that the season begins with the playoffs.

Maybe we should just be anxiously waiting for them to drop da puck in the new season for which, based upon our abilities and performance this season, we should do pretty well.

Pourquoi pas?

I also believe the team playing not to get hurt. It makes sense to go easy once you are in. I will get my hopes up that this is the case until the playoffs get started. I do think the injury to Emelin is huge as it is effecting the pairings. What we had was working. I was one of the "ain't winnin' for McKinnon" guys starting the season. Am so proud of the turn around this season. I am not down on them for this slump. If Washington can go from dismal to winners over night why can't Montreal come back to life and get back to the system? What would be better for our egos as fans than sweeping the laughs in round one? Makes up for the bad games pretty quickly. Keep the faith, the torch ain't out yet.

Oh God ya!!!

Watching this clip of the final minutes before my team clinched a spot in the top league just makes me feel hopefull. Playoffs will be a new start.

Anything can happen

tw... that is the arena where Price dominated the WJC 2007. Guess Im looking for signs for success.

I'll feel like this if they play Game 1 like they don't care. Until then, I"m going to assume that this is a team that simply let up some when they clinched...and could wake up and find the gas pedal again when they realize it's the playoffs.