Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Bourque/Gallagher/Subban (4)
A P.K. Subban (8)
PTS P.K. Subban (12)
+/- Mike Weaver (+5)
PIMS P.K. Subban (12)
Injuries: Alex Galchenyuk
Scratches: Francis Bouillon, Douglas Murray, George Parros, Brandon Prust, Jarred Tinordi, Ryan White

Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC, NBCSN Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I'd expect a big game from Briere tonight - notwithstanding that he is saddled with Weise and Moen. It's time for him to deliver an Henri-Richard-like FU moment to the coach.

Last game, Therrien unfortunately inserted himself into his own team's heads with bizarre lineup decisions. This configuration, which is probably what any normal coach would assemble, makes sense; so hopefully the team can recover that energetic, optimistic game that has defined these playoffs for us thus far.

Time for Vanek and Patches to do something. A goal from Gio wouldn't hurt either.

What are these guys made of? We're about to find out. This is the key moment of the early Bergevin era, the moment in which MB has to achieve final clarity about how to move forward.

where did you hear that?

Beaulieu left the ice with the regulars at morning skate and did not stay to work with the healthy scratches and black aces.

Moen and Murray stayed behind.

My reaction:

Well iwouldn't say Briere is strapped with Weise, he has been one of the better forwards and he actually drives the net.

The top trio is what's killing them. No offense anywhere,

Moen is Moen, he hits, plays good d and kills penalties.

Getting Beleau in, is a decison that should have been made in game 3, but is definatley the right choice now!

They also need to play with emotion. Business like, but show some pride damnit!!!

I like the Beaulieu move, but thinking he is going to make the difference smacks of desperation to me. This reminds me a bit of Pat Burns and Stephan Lebeau in, what was it, 1992? The fact is, the team has way bigger concerns than a 6th defenceman, and will not win or lose because of said defenceman. What is heartening here is that Therrien is, unlike last game, not erecting pointless obstacles to team success.

Guest Stogey24

Beaulieu left the ice with the regulars at morning skate and did not stay to work with the healthy scratches and black aces.

Moen and Murray stayed behind.

My reaction:

Haha. That's brilliant

If Beaulieu is indeed in, it's quite the gamble given the rust (he has been off since the end of Hamilton's season...which is more recent than Tinordi I suppose). However, now that scoring seems to be the primary problem and not defensive zone turnovers (which is Beaulieu's big weakness), it does make sense. I hope expectations are tempered though.

I like the Beaulieu move, but thinking he is going to make the difference smacks of desperation to me. This reminds me a bit of Pat Burns and Stephan Lebeau in, what was it, 1992? The fact is, the team has way bigger concerns than a 6th defenceman, and will not win or lose because of said defenceman. What is heartening here is that Therrien is, unlike last game, not erecting pointless obstacles to team success.

In a series where every game but one has come down to a single goal... why is it crazy to believe that one player, even a third pairing defenceman, could be the difference by less zone time from Murray, and more offence and speed?

That said Max has to be better too... but the fact that Max scores so many based on speed, and 48% of Murray's ES shifts have been with Max and DD also on the ice shows me how this can help him too.

I want to see Vanek back with #67/51. Put all your eggs in one basket. Claude will have to match #33/37 with the top line, leaving some secondary options available. Being up and tailoring your lineup to the Bruins game was a critical mistake.

Also, the Plek line has been garbage without Gallagher to dig out the puck. Gallager and Bournival would create serious turnovers.

I like the Beaulieu move, but thinking he is going to make the difference smacks of desperation to me.

This is the first time in the NHL Playoffs we have a reason to be desperate. There's no sense to be low risk. We need a home run or we're done. We can't afford another 0-0 game until overtime. We need to get a lead and keep it.

If Beaulieu is indeed in, it's quite the gamble given the rust (he has been off since the end of Hamilton's season...which is more recent than Tinordi I suppose). However, now that scoring seems to be the primary problem and not defensive zone turnovers (which is Beaulieu's big weakness), it does make sense. I hope expectations are tempered though.

Tempered! Who you kiddin? You are speaking to Habfans.

I don't care if it is Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn or even Andrighetto who draws in. Just want to see team outwork Bruins and let chips fall where they may.

And like u noted, would help to see Plekanec-Gallagher-Subban stay composed and focused.

Go Canadiens Go!

GO HABS GO!

I like the switch of Murray to Beaulieu. Montreal has to be who they are and stop matching up with their opposition. You'll never beat the Bruins playing Bruins hockey... you have to go out and use your speed, your forecheck, your depth...

Habs will only go as far as Habs hockey takes them. Trying to play the Bruins style plays into Boston's favor... use your speed, get some PPs, and frustrate the Bs that way. The pushing and shoving is what Boston wants.

There is no tempering anything. This is it the big enchilada, we MUST win tonight. No frigging excuses, leave it all on the ice. I am trying to think of more cliches but have gone a little dry. I bet one of my customers 24 of our home baked cookies, so there will be no dog forking tonight. If you can't get up for tonights game, get some blue pills.

GO YOU FORKING HABS GO, DO US PROUD DAMMIT.

Hey, I like the move, not trying to be Debbie Downer. I just think getting all excited because a marginal defenceman has been inserted in the lineup seems a little pathetic! But absolutely, I've been saying for a while that we should double down on OUR game and not try to play Boston's, so this shows a sensible change in approach from Therrien.

We have a good chance to win this game, because this has basically been a "homer" series so far. The last change really helps us. GO HABS GO!!!

Really excited to see Beulieu play tonight, I've though he's looked good in all the games i've seen of his thus far.

All the games have been really close, all the boys have to is get to game 7 and anything can happen!

:gohabsgo:

Go Habs Go! I want to wake up tomorrow with empty notification list on my phone!

That's normal for me. All my friends call.

Tempered! Who you kiddin? You are speaking to Habfans.

I don't care if it is Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn or even Andrighetto who draws in. Just want to see team outwork Bruins and let chips fall where they may.

And like u noted, would help to see Plekanec-Gallagher-Subban stay composed and focused.

Go Canadiens Go!

Hey Don! They're playing it after all! :hyper::hyper:

I am trying to think of more cliches but have gone a little dry. I bet one of my customers 24 of our home baked cookies, so there will be no dog forking tonight.

That's the way the cookies crumble?

Your dog forks the cookies?

Mine uses a spoon.

Pretty darned good calls from "our gang" here. I didn't expect to see Beaulieu which is a little lightningesque, and thought it liklier to see my pal Honey Boo Boo which would have been fine with me.

Sure adds a little excitement.

Like we needed more excitement.

Go Habs Go. We're playing for all the marbled cookies so carefully forked in downtown Chilliwack by a crafty canine!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Not sure if it such a good idea to dress Beaulieu tonight. I like Beaulieu's prospects, but it's going to be tough for him to play a good game against such opponents.

Talking about our lack of scoring, our wingers have their share of responsibility, but I believe that our main problem is at centre. As I wrote before, it's our main weakness with the 3rd pairing on defense.

The Bruins, with Bergeron, Krejci, Soderberg and Campbell are much better than the Habs at centre. It makes a lot of difference on the face-offs, but also for the wingers.