Habs @ Buffalo, 7:30PM EST (RDS, Sportsnet, MSG-Buffalo)

Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Paranteau

good call Trizzak! any chance you could help as a Powerplay Coach! Habs need major help with their PP.

If PAP keeps sniping, the faithful will be showing him some love back at the Bell ! :clap:

• Upvote 1

It wasn't pretty but a win should have the team feeling a bit better at least. I liked Pacioretty's play as the game progressed, he was a lot more aggressive and wasn't hesitating to shoot. That's a good sign for him and the funk that he's in. Tokarski was sharp as well, he seems to like playing the Sabres.

In the battle of young d-men, Beaulieu had nearly 18 minutes while Tinordi saw just under 11 (with zero PK time, odd).

honestly tuned out for about an hr to watch an old CSI Miami rerun. The game was curing my insomnia.

Re the Sportsnet Broadcast-I'm tired of listening to Dave Randorf lisp his way through another game. Are we really that short on broadcast talent? I can only figure he knows where the bodies are buried. The panel-what can I say--it always seems to be made up of backup goalies, 4 th line players and bad coaches. I detect a pattern. Pang has developed brain freeze from his advanced case of chrome domium and did anyone really think he was at a talent level to be brought back from his American gigs?

Love how Parenteau is money in shootouts....great trade shipping Briere for him.

Yes Danny boy is a healthy scratch for 2 games and has 3 count em 3 points in 10 games. MB will probably spend some time in the clinker for that theft.

--- The Habs' performance in that kind of tight-checking game impressed coach Michel Therrien. In the second half of back-to-back games with travel involved, Therrien lauded his team's effort.

"There's not much I didn't like about our team tonight," Therrien said. "I thought we played a solid game." ---

Everyone on the site tonight, watching and commenting on the wrong game tonight; I think we caught a different game than the one Therrien was coaching tonight.

All I witnessed was a half assed, lousy, sad excuse for a hockey game ( at least the first and most of the second period ) ; It was a game that made my son's timbits hockey team look like professionals.

Nevertheless who am I to second guess Therrien's judement of tonights match.

Will this nightmare end tonight? wake me up when sanity prevails.

GO HABS GO!

He was probably talking about bad pinches, odd man rushes, high risk passes, and all or the horrible choices the Habs have been making since the season started. This was a boring game, but it was a good one to work on team defense. When you are playing as bad as the Habs have been, switching it up to a defensive structure is probably a smart choice.

He was probably talking about bad pinches, odd man rushes, high risk passes, and all or the horrible choices the Habs have been making since the season started. This was a boring game, but it was a good one to work on team defense. When you are playing as bad as the Habs have been, switching it up to a defensive structure is probably a smart choice.

Agree but pretty sad when you need to make professional players adhere to fundamentals because they suck so bad....

I can't understand why the Sabres are Soooooooooo bad. On paper they look to be better than Calgary, but they are just terrible. The way we played last night, any other team would have been able to pull out a win. Edmonton would have buried us. Can't understand why these guys are so awful.

Well, the shootout win at least feels a hell of a lot better than a 5-0 loss. I hope at the very least it helps out the dynamic in the room and gives the boys more confidence. What we really need to get on a roll again is a decisive win. A win streak versus a losing streak could make a massive difference to the team psyche

Yes Danny boy is a healthy scratch for 2 games and has 3 count em 3 points in 10 games. MB will probably spend some time in the clinker for that theft.

addition by subtraction. bad as brierre has been gionta has 1 assist in 14 games. gorges zero in same. ouch mb got a second round pick for josh. nice move

--- The Habs' performance in that kind of tight-checking game impressed coach Michel Therrien. In the second half of back-to-back games with travel involved, Therrien lauded his team's effort.

"There's not much I didn't like about our team tonight," Therrien said. "I thought we played a solid game." ---

Everyone on the site tonight, watching and commenting on the wrong game tonight; I think we caught a different game than the one Therrien was coaching tonight.

All I witnessed was a half assed, lousy, sad excuse for a hockey game ( at least the first and most of the second period ) ; It was a game that made my son's timbits hockey team look like professionals.

Nevertheless who am I to second guess Therrien's judement of tonights match.

Will this nightmare end tonight? wake me up when sanity prevails.

GO HABS GO!

garbage hockey. everyone watching described it same way. therrien impressed with teams 2-1 shoot out win over the tanking buffalo sabres. haaaaa!

glad to see sekac in the lineup. he looked much better than most forwards. good on MT for not pinning him to the bench after the boarding penalty too. however, still some major issues with the habs play overall. SUBBAN, ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?!! wow, get your sh*t together kid. I hope both tinordi and beaulieu get back in there too. weaver...meh

I can't understand why the Sabres are Soooooooooo bad. On paper they look to be better than Calgary, but they are just terrible. The way we played last night, any other team would have been able to pull out a win. Edmonton would have buried us. Can't understand why these guys are so awful.

Calgary has a lot of young kids who are playing their hearts out. Buffalo's young kids aren't excelling anywhere close to the same way.

glad to see sekac in the lineup. he looked much better than most forwards. good on MT for not pinning him to the bench after the boarding penalty too. however, still some major issues with the habs play overall. SUBBAN, ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?!! wow, get your sh*t together kid. I hope both tinordi and beaulieu get back in there too. weaver...meh

Yes , liked the way the two kids on d played last night. Need to see more of them. Disappointed in TInordis icetime (10 minutes) Markov at 28 minutes, if you cant spread Markovs work load around to the other guys against THE SABRES??

The second game of a back to back , third game in four nights...against Buffalo and Markov logging shifts like it was a game 7 play off game. really?

Anyone else notice that the 3 shooters in the shootout went to their signature bread and butter moves? That tells me that they wanted the win. They may not have worked for it the entire game (or most games for that matter), but when the time calls for it this team is responding, and that's a good sign. If a Conference leading team is playing like crap and has a lot of room for improvement, there shouldn't be much to worry about.

It was no humdinger, that's for sure. However, Therrien is probably taking the right approach. That's how teams work their way out of slumps - by deploying the kind of game he describes. It starts with small victories like an uninspiring SO win against a bottom-feeding piece of crap.

If you forget that the opponent was Buffalo, I didn't think the Habs played all that badly. The team's biggest problem, frankly, is that guys like Plekanec, Gallagher and Pacioretty are just not burying their chances (and that Subban is playing some mediocre hockey by his standard). Pleks in particular suddenly seems unable to hit the broad side of a barn. Patches shoots right into the goalie and too often, without conviction. Gallagher is in the worst slump of his career. They're tight. Once they start potting a couple, the dam will break.

Desharnais is one player who impressed me. He really hustled out there (his "hop over the defenceman's stick and pass it to Patches" move was great) and created some nice chances. The guy may not be a stud but, despite all the ragging on here, he works hard and creates.

Sekac's hit? Atrocious. The kind of hit that will leave a guy paralyzed some day. He deserves a suspension. The unfortunate thing is, that would take him out and put Bourque back into the lineup. Yuck.

Guest Stogey24

It was no humdinger, that's for sure. However, Therrien is probably taking the right approach. That's how teams work their way out of slumps - by deploying the kind of game he describes. It starts with small victories like an uninspiring SO win against a bottom-feeding piece of crap.

If you forget that the opponent was Buffalo, I didn't think the Habs played all that badly. The team's biggest problem, frankly, is that guys like Plekanec, Gallagher and Pacioretty are just not burying their chances (and that Subban is playing some mediocre hockey by his standard). Pleks in particular suddenly seems unable to hit the broad side of a barn. Patches shoots right into the goalie and too often, without conviction. Gallagher is in the worst slump of his career. They're tight. Once they start potting a couple, the dam will break.

Desharnais is one player who impressed me. He really hustled out there (his "hop over the defenceman's stick and pass it to Patches" move was great) and created some nice chances. The guy may not be a stud but, despite all the ragging on here, he works hard and creates.

Sekac's hit? Atrocious. The kind of hit that will leave a guy paralyzed some day. He deserves a suspension. The unfortunate thing is, that would take him out and put Bourque back into the lineup. Yuck.

He turned his back. They went over it on Sportsnet and they all agreed ristolainen should have taken the hit with his shoulder, but instead made a terrible move and gave his numbers to Sekac who was at top speed coming in. He ain't getting a suspension for that hit.

FROM ICE LEVEL:

I know at first glance you see buffalo and you think geez 2-1 SO win... big deal. however, watching the game from the benches last night i noticed a few things....

****the pace of the game was actually high last night*** very few whistles it seemed

A) buffalo played a very hard skating tight checking game. seems they were really pushing to get a win for gionta and gorges. they seemed motivated.. BTW did anyone notice gorges pinching and shooting the puck in OT? lol

B) plex and gorges are not friends.... they were chirping each other all night behind the plays and between whistles. plex took a run at him early in the game behind the net and cross checked him a few times to set the tone for the night between the 2..

C) SEKAC was hands down the hardest working player on the ice. he was skating extremely hard, back checking and sometimes trying to do a little to much. his turn over at the blue line happened literally right in front of me and i was screaming to shoot and instead he tries that telegraphed pass! the hit happened right in my corner as well. he slid the puck from the blue line chased it down in to the corner tried to split the defence to get to the puck and finished the check.... disappointing because he really did some good things out there. and i will be extremely disappointed in MT if he takes him out of the line up again saturday.

D) DD is like the little engine that could, rivaled by only sekac in work ethic last night. he just seems to get knocked off the puck to easily... hence his holding and hooking throughout the night to compensate. BTW this guy needs to shoot about 400 pucks on net per practice...

E) Markov is without doubt are best defender.... PK subban is a phenom no doubt. but this team would be done, copout, finished, history.... if markov is out of the line up. anyone questioning his signing in hindsight must be thinking how foolish they must be.

F) honourable mentions to prust, galchenyuk, gallagher, patches, bournival for playing hard

after all this i didn't even mention paranteau and his clutch play... he isn't as slow as you think and i think moving forward he should stick with DD and patch for a little bit. they showed some great promise in preseason and then MT dropped them.. the 3 do seem to play with some cohesion!

• Upvote 1

There isn't going to be a hearing or a suspension for the hit apparently.