October 30, Montreal vs Calgary, 9 PM

dlbalr

Hey if soft, fluke goals and empty netters did not count Pleks would not have any this season. :rofl:

Right on Weiss and Nate !!

Wiess has out scored DD in play offs since he joined the club. Maybe Pleks too! :thumbs_up:

Neither of the posts you responded to with these comments had anything to do with Plekanec yet you take a jab at him in both of these. Let's not fall back into old habits of taking every opportunity to remind everyone how much you don't like him...

Theirs Byron's first breakaway. Speedy little bastard

He is quite fast. Has had a really good night against his old club. Must not of been too happy about being waived by them. Important goal to get early in the third. Need to play hard and not allow Calgary back in it.

Oy - don't like Semin out of lineup for tonight, but don't Weise, Byron & company go light up the scoreboard, making MT look a genius!

Maybe he is!

• Upvote 1

Let's hope the third period carries over winnepeg!

I expected Byron to play tonight. That's peles try standard. No way he should have been in yesterday.

Oy - don't like Semin out of lineup for tonight, but don't Weise, Byron & company go light up the scoreboard, making MT look a genius!

Maybe he is!

Glad to stop the slide at 2 games, but our boys still aren't playing the same brand of team defense that we saw in the first 7 games or so of the season...they need to get back to that before they take on the Jets.

For sure. The flames are battling for last place right now.

Glad to stop the slide at 2 games, but our boys still aren't playing the same brand of team defense that we saw in the first 7 games or so of the season...they need to get back to that before they take on the Jets.

Very true. They don't look the same defensively. If not for bad goaltending in Toronto buffalo and tonight, things could be much different

Neither of the posts you responded to with these comments had anything to do with Plekanec yet you take a jab at him in both of these. Let's not fall back into old habits of taking every opportunity to remind everyone how much you don't like him...

Yes but as you can see I only resorted to those examples to counter the bashing Weiss was taking on here. It is ok if i stick up for Weiss the way the Pleks and DD fan club stick up for them is it not. He is a Montreal Canadien after all. Where the are the cautions for the bashing he takes. Some one had to have his back. lol

But I hear you. Thanks for immediate reminder. BYW, the bashing of NB and Semin by the same poster on here is getting tiresome. We get it, he does not like them. Just saying. :rastapop:

Great road win !!

Just need a focused effort to get back on track, give Byron his Calgary game, then put him on waivers ;)

Semin needs to be in the lineup, and although he hasn't lit the world on fire, he has been pretty good at possession in the O zone, and light years better than Byron... or Weise for that matter, guy couldn't bury a dead body lately.

Go Habbies!

I only caught the last half of the game and then read through the thread and found this funny. Weise with the hatty and Byron with a short handed beauty lol. I'm with you on Semin but I won't disagree with the coach as long as the wins keep coming.

Fun game. Calgary probably had the better chances in the first half, but their goaltending was terrible, and Condon is shaping up to be a darned solid netminder. I agree that we still need to get back to strong defensive hockey. But I'll take the win, and hope that it'll do the team a power of good.

I'm really happy for Weise and Byron. Weise is a quality player sadly under-rated by the fanbase. Byron has not been given a chance all season, so people have talked about him like he's a turd, but he sure made the most of the chance he did. These guys basically flipped the bird to everyone on this board who was ripping their hair out because Superstar Semin was benched. Tonight, at least, they demonstrated the difference that character can make - a lesson Semin has yet to learn.

Eller sat because he sucked ass, BTW - a point the French feed made surpassingly clear. However, he bounced back with a strong third period. Good on him, we need him to keep playing strong on the W, not to revert back to L'il Lars that everyone makes endless excuses for.

Fleischman, though, had a hell of a game. That assist on Weise's third goal was just stunning. And he'd played well before that. Great bounce-back game from my favourite line.

Kudos to MT. His gambles all turned up aces tonight. (Of course, in the long run, Semin needs to draw back in, but let's let Weise and Byron savour this one!).

Weise is the 2nd leading goal scorer on the highest goal scoring team in the NHL.

A strange but true statement. Add in the fact Torrey Mitchell is 1 goal behind the 2nd leading scorer on the highest scoring team and you realize the depth this team has.

A strange but true statement. Add in the fact Torrey Mitchell is 1 goal behind the 2nd leading scorer on the highest scoring team and you realize the depth this team has.

Torrey Mitchell proves a lot of what I said about Eller as a third line centre last year. Mitchell does just as good of a job on the fourth line that Eller did on the third line.

Next game I'd like to see:

Patches - Plek - Gally

Flash - Chuck - DSP/Semin

Eller - DD - Weise

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn/DSP

Though with Eller getting benched I could see him being in the press box while Semin plays.

I wouldn't mess with DD's line at all.... flash - dd - weise are working.

Back at home with line matchups in the Habs favor, i'd get Semin back in the lineup and see if Eller - Chuck - Semin can get going.

Patch - Plek - Gally

Flash - DD - Weise

Eller - Chuck - Semin

Byron - Mitchell - DSP

Not that he's done anything wrong, but Flynn can sit a game.

Condom is really a good goalie, pretty good positioning, fast hands and feet, not anywhere near Price, but this guy can be a #1 in this league. May present a good problem . If we can hang on to him until Fucale is ready to be backup then trade him? Just a thought.

the guys played well and of course after I said to bring Semin back so Byron gets a goal and an assist so he will stay in the lineup. I still say Galchenyuk needs Semin (for some reason) so who sits. Alex is very key to our future I believe.

Good game by the guys never let up, never got cocky, just kept working couple of fork ups but life goes on.

All in all really good effort, and I still have not seen the blender per se, but I know he wants too. :)