Distraction Thread - Next Year's Starting Lineup

zumpano21

i dont think there is a place for DD on this team.

MB wants danault in this line up and he'll play in a 3rd line roll.

carr will be sent down with de la rose and mccarron as they do not to be placed on waivers...

all of andrighetto lehtkonan and reway will make the team.

matteau, lessio? holy we have alot of 4th liners...

carr will be sent down with de la rose and mccarron as they do not to be placed on waivers...

Four lines of forth liners as the habsworld article stated not long ago!

I strongly doubt Ghetto Lehkonen and Reway all make it. They are all high skill undersized players. Lehkonen is my personal favourite, Reway is the most purely skilled, and Andrighetto is the most proven.

I think Reway is the longest shot. He would strongly benefit from honing his North American game in the AHL. Lehkonen's style lends itself a little more to NA hockey. Despite being small, accounts describe him as pretty tenacious during puck battles, and he isn't afraid to get into dirty areas. Despite Lehkonen's potential, It's still Ghetto's spot to lose because he has proven he can produce in the 30 point range in the NHL during a full season.

Guest Stogey24

Lessio isn't even on the team anymore

I don't get it: people are saying MTL has a ton of 4th liners and then complain that Desharnais is on the team...?! Who should MTL play on the 3rd line then? We need a wide range of players to fill out 4 lines. Players like Desharnais, Shaw, Carr, Andrighetto are not 4th lines players.

I'm a fan of DD on the third line. I would also try Reway as the 2nd line LW if Lekonen doesn't cut it. Ghetto is underwhelming for me.

I don't think there are many people who are that high on Ghettoblaster. Given a shot though, I think he could come very close to cracking 20 goals. In an 82 game season, he'd be guaranteed 15+ as of right now. I agree though that he's an underwhelming choice for a contending team's second line. Better suited as a 3rd liner right now.

This team doesn't score enough goals. I don't think you can just say jettison DD to the press box and put a third line out there centred by Danault, and then question why you aren't scoring enough goals.

Is DD overpaid? Yes

WOuld I trade him if i could and sign a cheaper replacement like a vermette or a hudler or a pirri? Sure, but thats unlikely to happen as why would the other team trade for him.

As long as he's here though, and we can't get the cap relief, he's a better player than Danault and should play the third line centre role in front of him.

Guest Stogey24

Uh, I seriously didn't want Desharnais as the 3Rd line centre. He was the one guy I was praying got moved this offseason.

With that being said though, I'd rather him than Danault

Uh, I seriously didn't want Desharnais as the 3Rd line centre. He was the one guy I was praying got moved this offseason.

Had hoped Desharnais or Emelin got moved to free up a spot and $. But neither should hurt the team too much, although Emelin does cough up puck way too often. Emelin said he wanted to do more rushing and shooting puck this year and maybe trying Galchenyuk's sports training facility for a change, will help him, in confidence or quickness?

I think a third line of Carr-Desharnais-Shaw is pretty good; there's a mix of everything (playmaking, grit, speed, tenacity). That being said, I think Andrighetto or Lehkonen could be a good fit on LW as well. We'll have to see where the players skake out but right now my depth chart at LW looks like this:

Pacioretty

Andrighetto

Carr

Byron

Lehkonen is the wild card because I've never seen him play.

hence the question mark... i actually liked him... fast and heavy hitter

If only he knew how to put pucks in net, but he and I have about same set of puck skills.

I think a third line of Carr-Desharnais-Shaw is pretty good; there's a mix of everything (playmaking, grit, speed, tenacity). That being said, I think Andrighetto or Lehkonen could be a good fit on LW as well. We'll have to see where the players skake out but right now my depth chart at LW looks like this:

Pacioretty

Andrighetto

Carr

Byron

Lehkonen is the wild card because I've never seen him play.

Sven is like radulov and plays RW

LW

Pacioretty

Lehtkonan

Reway

Byron

Carr*

RW

Radulov

Gallagher

Shaw

Flynn

Andrighetto

C

Galchenyuk

Plex

DD****

Danault

Mitchell

McCarron*

DeLaRose*

* waiver exempt

*** on "my" not in starting line up

That's our depth chart I think...

I guess Hudon got traded to Nashville with Subban looking at some of these lineups...

As much as many of us thought he should have had more of a look last season, the team clearly didn't feel the same way. Thus, at this stage you probably have to assume he's on the outside looking in barring a major training camp.

Guest Stogey24

Hudon liked to party in St.Johns after games.

John Scott said in an interview that they'd go to the bar after games and "the kids" liked to drink.

Sven is like radulov and plays RW

LW

Pacioretty

Lehtkonan

Reway

Byron

Carr*

RW

Radulov

Gallagher

Shaw

Flynn

Andrighetto

C

Galchenyuk

Plex

DD****

Danault

Mitchell

McCarron*

DeLaRose*

* waiver exempt

*** on "my" not in starting line up

That's our depth chart I think...

Why would you not dress the 3rd best centre on the team...seems illogical.

You wanted to dump subban, but want to keep DD. Gotcha. No other explanation necessary.

Don't hate Desharnais, but I do hope he can find a good role on 3rd line and be productive like he was at start of last season.

Of course they do. They promote mediocrity. They don't just like him, Le genius loves him.

Management likes DD

You wanted to dump subban, but want to keep DD. Gotcha. No other explanation necessary.

That's not what he said. In fact, this is what he said earlier on this page:

Had hoped Desharnais or Emelin got moved to free up a spot and $. But neither should hurt the team too much, although Emelin does cough up puck way too often. Emelin said he wanted to do more rushing and shooting puck this year and maybe trying Galchenyuk's sports training facility for a change, will help him, in confidence or quickness?

All Don said is that he doesn't hate Desharnais. Just because you don't hate a player doesn't mean you want to keep him.