Distraction Thread - Next Year's Starting Lineup

zumpano21

Really? So exactly who are these middle 6 LW, top 4 d-man and 3rd line centre you are picking up, remember there is a cap.

As I said those are the 3 holes I see on the team, they probably won't fill all 3 but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they fill 1 of the 3 before season starts. The others as I said could be filled in season by a young kid stepping up or at deadline when cap allows the addition of someone better. We'll have 5x 2nd round picks between 2017-2018 which seems to be gold these past few years at deadline.

As for who I would get I don't have specific players in mind but it's not impossible to fill one of those spots. Emelin or Desharnais could still get moved.

Baring another trade, here's what I think:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Hudon - Plekanec - Radulov

Carr - Desharnais - Shaw

Byron - Danault - Andrighetto

Flynn, Mitchell

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Barbeiro

Price

Montoya

Pax Galchenyuk Rad

Hudler Plek Vrbata

Carr Shaw Gallagher

Byron Mitchell Flynn

Danault Andrighetto

Hudler is about to sign with Vancouver and Vrbrata is washed up. Plus this team is made of butter.

:argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:

Sorry, I didn't mean to shit on that, but I just don't think Hudler or Vrbrata are the answer

lol all good! I was just bored lol

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Shaw - Plekanec - Radulov

Carr/Hudon - Danault - Andrighetto

Byron - Desharnais - Mitchell

Flynn

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Barberio - Pateryn

Emelin, Redmond

Price

Montoya

Condon

I think they'll play Galchenyuk with Radulov and move Plekanec between Pacioretty and Gallagher

I think they will mix up gally and plex between the two lines and see what fits.

Also isn't shaw I better RW, I know he can play all positions but I read somewhere that he prefers the right side

Guest Stogey24

I really hope Hudon fills that 2 spot on the left side. I know that's asking alot, but this team needs some of the younger guys to take on bigger roles this year.

I really hope Hudon fills that 2 spot on the left side. I know that's asking alot, but this team needs some of the younger guys to take on bigger roles this year.

A lot of positive talk on his camp. I hope he does too I mean we have a couple young guys with potential that can make the jump. As crappy as last season was it did give a lot of the young guys some experience and confidence. A little positivety anyway ?

Do you think Lehkonen can break into the top 6? He has a ton of skill

Personally, I think he has top six potential but not to start next season. If he makes the team, I'd feel better with him starting in a third line role; he has to make the adjustment to playing on the smaller rinks and the different styles of play compared to the SHL. Asking him to do that and be in a top six spot where he'll be counted on to produce right away seems like too much pressure to put on him early on.

Of the four prospects that Don mentioned, I'd suggest only Carr would have a realistic shot at starting in the #2 LW slot. Reway has the skill to do it but his all-around game probably isn't ready to play on what would likely be a two-way line with Plekanec while Hudon has three NHL games under his belt and didn't seem to impress the coaches in that time. Carr's a bit more 'proven' and is decent in his own end which I think would have the coaching staff leaning towards him if they do want a youngster to start in the top six. (If we're mentioning youngsters in that spot, Andrighetto, a left hand shot, probably would be in the mix as well.)

Do you think Lehkonen can break into the top 6? He has a ton of skill

20% chance, is wild ass guess. Now sure where Shaw is playing, or maybe will be Reway be given a shot to show what he can do? And are they still not sold on Hudon yet?

I think 3rd line would be better for Lehkonen, but seems a crowded bottom six.

20% chance, is wild ass guess. Now sure where Shaw is playing, or maybe will be Reway be given a shot to show what he can do? And are they still not sold on Hudon yet?

I think 3rd line would be better for Lehkonen, but seems a crowded bottom six.

Hmm, no way. Closer to about 17.834% chance.

Lol, I'm actually thinking you're more close with the 10% (these numbers are pointless really). The bottom line is, not likely. The last few Defenceman to make the jump straight out of Junior were Ekblad and.. Doughty? It really doesn't happen much.

Sergachev is probably my favourite prospect, and my gut feeling is he will be a top 2 defender one day, but like you I don't see him making it right away.

Yeah I agree with you guys, maybe wishful thinking on my part I do think he has a lot of potential. If Lehkonen does make the team I think having a guy like Radulov around will help him accumulate to the NHL and to help him with his progress.

Carr and Andrighetto have a real chance to break through out of all the kids I think they had the most looks and experience playing with the big club hopefully that transitions over this year.

Sergachev was a great pick up man I'm still surprised we got him TBH.

Hmm, no way. Closer to about 17.834% chance.

Lol, I'm actually thinking you're more close with the 10% (these numbers are pointless really). The bottom line is, not likely. The last few Defenceman to make the jump straight out of Junior were Ekblad and.. Doughty? It really doesn't happen much.

Sergachev is probably my favourite prospect, and my gut feeling is he will be a top 2 defender one day, but like you I don't see him making it right away.

Was referring to Lehkonen playing #2 LW, not Sergachev should go back to Windsor.

Guest Stogey24

Look out for Sergachev come main camp.

LaPointe said like 3 times he thinks Sergachev is going to make a push for a roster spot.

Look out for Sergachev come main camp.

LaPointe said like 3 times he thinks Sergachev is going to make a push for a roster spot.

That's good. Unless Beaulieu steps up, the Habs are going to need someone to run the transition and possession game on the back end as a result of trading away one of the league's very best at this.

I think they will mix up gally and plex between the two lines and see what fits.

Also isn't shaw I better RW, I know he can play all positions but I read somewhere that he prefers the right side

I think I read that too about Shaw.

Based on who the CH may want to protect from the expansion draft, I think they will let Danault play himself into Deharnais' spot and that they will let the three others (Andrighetto, Carr, Hudon) contend for the last spot in the protection list.

I also hope they keep the 2 extra defenders, and that they manage Markov's playing time in what should be his last season. With a healthy Price this team should make it to the playoffs and if the team's newly acquired leadership can deliver as advertised they should do OK but unfortunately short of contending for the cup.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

[***] - Plekanec -Gallagher

[***] - Desharnais - Shaw

Byron - Flynn - Mitchell

[***]Andrighetto/Carr/Hudon/Danault

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Barberio - Pateryn

Emelin

Price

Montoya/Condon

Edited by alfredoh2009