Jump to content

2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread


tomh009
 Share

Recommended Posts

Florida just moved Vatrano, making them approx  5M$ of capspace in total.


Probably about to add a somewhat big piece for a SC push.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some teams more than others are positions to trade to bolster their roster for a deep cup run:

(Blue arrow, top team in division, sorted by projected cap space)

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brandon Hagel is about to be traded to Tampa Bay by the sounds of things.  The exact return isn't known yet but apparently involves two first-round picks.  Hagel was at Montreal's rookie camp back in 2018 but wasn't offered a contract.  Ouch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Brandon Hagel is about to be traded to Tampa Bay by the sounds of things.  The exact return isn't known yet but apparently involves two first-round picks.  Hagel was at Montreal's rookie camp back in 2018 but wasn't offered a contract.  Ouch.

 

Wow. It's not every day somebody I've never heard of gets traded for two firsts and two potential late bloomers, much like Hagel himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

 

Wow. It's not every day somebody I've never heard of gets traded for two firsts and two potential late bloomers, much like Hagel himself.

Ya, i dont get it. Why so much for that guy, with this his 1st good season. Does he project to be a 1st line guy down the road?

BUT, I love seeing Tampa's 1st round picks fly out to a western team.:clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Ya, i dont get it. Why so much for that guy, with this his 1st good season.

40-point pace last year, too — and at a very team-friendly cap hit of $1.5M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

40-point pace last year, too — and at a very team-friendly cap hit of $1.5M.

For two more season and then still an RFA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Shooting nearly 23%

Is that good?

Is that unsustainable, or simply very good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DON said:

Is that good?

Is that unsustainable, or simply very good?

 

Fewer than 50 players with at least 200 career goals had a career shooting percentage of at least 17%. Only four of whom were born after 1970. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Fewer than 50 players with at least 200 career goals had a career shooting percentage of at least 17%. Only four of whom were born after 1970. 

OK, so who were they? Please do tell us!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

OK, so who were they? Please do tell us!

 

Leon Draisaitl, Alex Tanguay, Mark Parrish, and Andrew Brunette. Stamkos is right on the edge, at 16.9%.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DON said:

Is that good?

Is that unsustainable, or simply very good?

 

Unsustainable.  This year's offense is likely not what Hagel gets in a normal season.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Philippe Myers on waivers today.  One year left after this with a $2.55M cap hit.  His play has completely fallen off a cliff but he's a right-shot defender that has had some NHL success in the past.  If the Habs knew they were moving some money for next season off the books over the next couple of days, I wouldn't be against taking a flyer on him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nicolas Deslauriers to Minnesota for a 3rd.

 

Hampus Lindholm (50%) to Boston for a 1st, two 2nds, Urho Vaakanainen, and John Moore.  Steep return although clearing the final year of Moore's deal helps a bit.

 

Giroux will be going to Florida, the full deal there isn't known yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Giordano to the Leafs. No details yet, though. Leafs also waived Mrazek.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, huzer said:

Giordano to the Leafs. No details yet, though. Leafs also waived Mrazek.

Just hope it cost them lots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DON said:

Just hope it cost them lots.

 
Two 2nd (2022,2023) and a third (2024) for Giordano and Blackwell, Gio 50% retained.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am not shocked Giordano didn't get a 1st, he is 38 going on 39 so not as much in the tank for a long playoff run as a Chiarot who is 30.  Still 2 x 2nd round picks is not cheap. 

Leafs got the better d-man and cheaper, is what leaf fans claiming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, DON said:

Leafs got the better d-man and cheaper, is what leaf fans claiming.

In their primes ... yes ... today ... not certain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • dlbalr unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...