Prime Minister Koivu

Polls for fun  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is Primeau a NHL goalie?

• Yes - starter
    • Yes - part of a 1a, 1b tandem
    • Yes - career backup
    • No

Can they maybe swap out Anderson for Ylonen?

No Norlinder, thought maybe on back to back games he might dress.

Kings are hot winning 4 in a row (8-1-1), hope the Habs can hang in there and keep it close.

image.png

Canadiens @ Kings: Game preview and how to watch - EOTP (habseyesontheprize.com)

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Primeau’s not getting the start again, is he - ?

The post says "yesterday's lines". 😊 I think it's Allen's turn in the rotation but I wonder whether we might see Montembeault instead.

One interesting note from Arpon Basu's Athletic article yesterday: the team has been doing the morning practices even on game days on this road trip--by request of the players, not St-Louis!

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

One interesting note from Arpon Basu's Athletic article yesterday: the team has been doing the morning practices even on game days on this road trip--by request of the players, not St-Louis!

I wonder whether it is because with the time zone change it helps "get the engine started"?

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

There's no indication so far in this game that it will happen.  Then again, I would of said the same thing last night vs the Sharks. 

Wishful thinking is all.

(Correct thread now ...)

St-Louis is effectively running only three lines now, with the fourth line getting only 2-3 minutes of ice time per period. My recollection is that he was distributing ice time more evenly last year, or is my memory failing me?

13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

(Correct thread now ...)

St-Louis is effectively running only three lines now, with the fourth line getting only 2-3 minutes of ice time per period. My recollection is that he was distributing ice time more evenly last year, or is my memory failing me?

Well we only had two legit top line guys and really not even legit 2nd line guys before, so it was probably easier to distribute equally between slugs, than when you actually have enough guys to form the top 3 lines.

having said that the top two lines are still missing top end talent!

Kings are the 3rd best team in the NHL by Pts% ... and it showed ... even against their backup goalie.

At this point of the season, I don't think the back-to-backs were an issue ... it was a one-hour flight and I expect they were in their rooms by 10 p.m.

14 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Kings are the 3rd best team in the NHL by Pts% ... and it showed ... even against their backup goalie.

At this point of the season, I don't think the back-to-backs were an issue ... it was a one-hour flight and I expect they were in their rooms by 10 p.m.

I haven’t paid much attention to the Kings…but I guess they are an nice example of a successful rebuild. Interesting that their highest picks were a #2 and a #5 over the rebuilding span. No “tank” there, presumably.

11 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No doubt. The Dach injury really really hurt the team. The Habs would be so much better offensively with Dach anchoring the 2nd line. 

Good reminder. It’s easy to forget this. IF Dach really was the guy we saw for a game and a half, he probably would have helped foster the development of whomever was on his line, too. That really was just an atrocious piece of miserable bad luck.

Of course, we also forget that the Dach we saw may not have been the “real” Dach; after all, he has never put it together for an extended run of time, because he keeps getting injured.

18 hours ago, DON said:

Kovacevic managed to be -3.

Don't forget that he was playing with Struble, who only had two NHL games under his belt. Add that to the relentless LA forecheck and the -3 is not a surprise.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Don't forget that he was playing with Struble, who only had two NHL games under his belt. Add that to the relentless LA forecheck and the -3 is not a surprise.

also some of the goals on Allen were a little weak.