GAME#23 Habs vs Panthers 7pm Thurs Nov 30 2023

DON

What kind of scheduling bastard would put a back to back at home after a long road trip!

Anderson, please score or at least get angry and smash. 

Slafkovsky, keep putting up the points you are looking good. 

Primeau, I hope you took advantage of the rest and play well. 

Go Habs Go

30 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What kind of scheduling bastard would put a back to back at home after a long road trip!

Only 3 games last week and 3 this week.

Had a 3 day break after LA game.

And 7 of next 8 games are at home.

So not too bad..

image.png

2 hours ago, DON said:

Only 3 games last week and 3 this week.

Had a 3 day break after LA game.

And 7 of next 8 games are at home.

So not too bad..

Agreed ... and good on the Habs for not flying home after the LA game (as often is the case with such a break) ... the team likely got more rest and relaxation than they ever would have by flying home.

Go Habs Go!

THANK GOD it was a penalty and not a penalty shot.

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

THANK GOD it was a penalty and not a penalty shot.

Would of been better if it was.  Matheson ruined the PP anyway. 

Overall it was a decent period.  The longer Montreal goes without a goal the less chance they have to win.  The 3rd period is going to be brutal.

I probably posted like 5 times in the last 10 years about the refs poor job in a game, but tonight is definitely one of them.  And not only against the Habs. Tough game for zebras. 

I would have preferred a penalty shot.  Anderson needs to score and 1 on 1 with the Goalie might have ended his drought.   Although he hasn't got points in this game he is at least being BangBus and that's a good sign.  I read an article the other day that mentioned something that I hadn't thought about:  Anderson is on pace to get 8 pts this year.  There is no way he'll only get 8 pts and when he finally scores I'm thinking he'll go on a crazy tear.   

Geez, Cole's penalty sucked but he did deserve it.  Not sure what he was thinking.  

Dammit Lindstrom, though I'm glad it was him that did it.  I certainly don't want to see crap plays from their regular young dmen.  

6 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Does Primeau have a weak glove side?  Not his best game 

Last few starts from Primeau he's started really well, let in a couple that weren't really his fault, then let in a couple real soft goals right after.  It's becoming a pattern. 

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Last few starts from Primeau he's started really well, let in a couple that weren't really his fault, then let in a couple real soft goals right after.  It's becoming a pattern. 

I see why Hughes is carrying three goalies because a decision about Primeau is so hard. 

Is he even good enough to play regular backup? 

Gone if put on waivers for sure because he looks great at times. 

Tough call for HuGo

25 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Does Primeau have a weak glove side?  Not his best game 

Certainly looks like it tonight

42 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Newhook's injury didn't look good. 

Yeah, that one looks like he'll be out for a while.

24 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

It's an issue for a lot of young goalies, bouncing back from a tough goal and he has dealt with that in Laval.  Clearly, Florida found a weak spot and exploited it.

18 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I see why Hughes is carrying three goalies because a decision about Primeau is so hard. 

Is he even good enough to play regular backup? 

Gone if put on waivers for sure because he looks great at times. 

Tough call for HuGo

I think Primeau can get to a regular backup role with time.  He needs to figure out how not to get rattled and have things snowball (some on here have talked about his nerves before at the NHL level) but skill-wise, he's good enough to play at this level.

42 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Newhook's injury didn't look good. 

Which 1?  He'd probably be sore or semi-injured from his 1st fall and the 2nd didn't look good either.  From the way his ankle twisted outwards when it hit the post I'm thinking he might have a high ankle sprain and those can take a while to heal.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Got tripped, went feet first into the side of the net, left leg bent on the collision.

https://twitter.com/DrakeMT/status/1730407150185279665

Thanks for the the link. Is this injury luck ever going to end?