Game #66, Boston @ Montreal, 7pm EST, Thursday March 14, 2024

Can they put on good performance before west road trip?

On paper this one is one-sided.

Canadiens Statistics Bruins
25-30-10 Record 39-14-15
44.7% (28th) Scoring-chances-for % 50.1% (18th)
2.75 (27th) Goals per game 3.28 (10th)
3.43 (26th) Goals against per game 2.70 (7th)
19.0% (22nd) PP% 23.7% (9th)
75.6% (27th) PK% 81.7% (8th)
1-2-0 Head-to-Head Record 2-0-1

Canadiens vs. Bruins: Game preview and how to watch (habseyesontheprize.com)

It’s a bit of a Freaky Friday situation with Montreal in terms of short-handed play. At one point on the verge of falling to last place in the league in penalty-kill rate, Montreal has been the seventh-best team while down a man over the same time period in question. They haven’t allowed the opposition to score a man-advantage goal in the past five games, and that’s while facing three of the league’s top four power-play squads in Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Toronto.

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Colin White will take Michael Pezzetta’s spot in #Habs lineup tonight vs Bruins while Jordan Harris replaces Jayden Struble

Predicting an unfortunate 8-7 regulation loss 🎉

24 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I could live with that. The Habs seem to get up for the good teams so I expect a close one. 

It’s no secret that I want losses for better draft pick. However I want Slafkovsky, Caufield, Suzuki, Matheson, Newhook to keep putting up points, especially on the PP. 

IMG_0324.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

It’s no secret that I want losses for better draft pick. However I want Slafkovsky, Caufield, Suzuki, Matheson, Newhook to keep putting up points, especially on the PP.

It would also be nice to see progress on D, which would hopefully reduce the goals against ... 🙂

i just got a weird flash seeing C. White with his #36 of Todd Ewen... memories :)

I am happy they kept it close.

Suzuki’s line was good and the young D held their own.

Matheson is so skilled but at times his decision making annoys me. He tries that one on three junk way too often in OT. Peal back and keep possession. Also on the PK, he held and tried whiplashing around the net instead of clearing it. I don't dislike him, but those type of  plays can be super costly.

• Upvote 1

I don't like cheering or the Habs to lose and especially against the Booins but the last game and this 1 would have been good games to not get any points.  I want to see close games without them picking up points.

Realistically, there are only so many games left and the Sens and Yotes probably only have 6 wins left in them.   Therefore, the Habs cannot win more more than 4 games for those 2 teams to pass them in the standings.  Luckily those teams both won last night but they only gained 1 point on the Habs.