Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

There are way more top 6 forwards in UFA this year than defencemen... so creating a hole on D to trade for a forward doesn't make sense.

you'll need a UFA, whether thats to fill the hole on D, or fill the hole on forward.

Given the market situation, getting that UFA on forward is gonna be a lot easier than geting a top 4 LHD. There are just more to go around.

On top of that, Beaulieu is a cheap contract compared to the forwards you want to acquire. This means that after your trade, the money to spend on the D is a lot less.

Dont care about how many UFA d-men on the market.

But 'way more' UFA forwards is always the case isn't it? But realistic ones, who will sign in Montreal, not re-up with current team and for sure can add offense and be an impact top six player?

Not many, Okposo, Erikson (if they don't simply resign), Backes unlikely to come work in Quebec, Stamkos is fantasy stuff, so realy not a lot of scoring forwards for 30 teams to fight over...is there?

Dont care about how many UFA d-men on the market.

But 'way more' UFA forwards is always the case isn't it? But realistic ones, who will sign in Montreal, not re-up with current team and for sure can add offense and be an impact top six player?

Not many, Okposo, Erikson (if they don't simply resign), Backes unlikely to come work in Quebec, Stamkos is fantasy stuff, so realy not a lot of scoring forwards for 30 teams to fight over...is there?

Lucic, Ladd, Perron, Radulov, Boedker, Brouwer, Staal, Hudler

12 guys on the market right now that could play in our top six with the potential to score 20+ goals.

12 guys on the market right now that could play in our top six with the potential to score 20+ goals.

Ok you are just being funny about Lucic, right? :scared:

Guest Stogey24

It's a solid market this year. Boedker and Brouwer would be great signings.

I guess the question with Lucic is...if he hadn't been a Bruin, would we want him on the Habs?

He was molasses slow against the Sharks. If his skating is degenerating this badly, signing him to any contract of more than three years is a recipe for disaster.

But if he wanted to come play (he's a good friend of Gallagher's, they train together every summer and have since they were juniors, I've heard that Lucic pushed Bruins scouts to watch Gallagher and that's what got him on the Habs radar) and we had someone to work with him over the summer to improve his skating speed, I'd definitely bring him aboard. Having Lucic to clear space for Gallagher and Galchenyuk while Pacioretty, Plekanec and another winger man the second line? That's ideal.

I doubt we're on his radar so I'd probably go with Ladd instead for that role.

• Upvote 1

I just do not think we need a neanderthal like him. Hey maybe he and Emelin could sit down and iron out their differences. He is a dirty cheap shot artist and we don't need that headache.

we honestly talking about NOT going after a monster of a man who just scored 20 goals and 55 points this season to play on our second line?

If Gilmour can play for us, then surely Lucic can play for us too can't he? We have enough imaginary chains on our coach selection because of language, lets not do the same with players because of where they have played or what type of menace they were to us when they were our opponents. He is exactly the kind of player our top 6 needs, size and grit with scoring, I could care less what his name is, where he played, he fits a need and he should seriously be looked at if we can get him for the right price.

I'd be less scared to grab him than guys like Staal and Ladd, because if those 2 come here and don't produce to standard, they offer us nothing else, at least a guy like Lucic offers toughness and physicality and intimidation even if he isn't scoring or in a slump at some point.

Corey Perry may be available. Would we be interested? I wonder how the Stars feel about having traded his rights away in 03? Seriously big rw goal scorer, what would we have to give up. Getzlaf may also be available.

Lucic isn't on the market? Perron, Ladd etc arnt...yet and the final # wont be huge when split up among 30 teams.

Potential to score 20+ goals sounds pretty mediocre.

Potential to score 20+ goals sounds pretty mediocre.

That's what we need. We need two players in the top six who can potentially score 20 goals. We currently have four.

We were 20th in goals for per game. We weren't in the basement. We don't need two Stamkos' just to compete. We just need two more top six threats.

Guest Stogey24

That's what we need. We need two players in the top six who can potentially score 20 goals. We currently have four.

We were 20th in goals for per game. We weren't in the basement. We don't need two Stamkos' just to compete. We just need two more top six threats.

Exactly. You add two more players who can be 20 20 guys and it completely changed this line up

we honestly talking about NOT going after a monster of a man who just scored 20 goals and 55 points this season to play on our second line?

If Gilmour can play for us, then surely Lucic can play for us too can't he? We have enough imaginary chains on our coach selection because of language, lets not do the same with players because of where they have played or what type of menace they were to us when they were our opponents. He is exactly the kind of player our top 6 needs, size and grit with scoring, I could care less what his name is, where he played, he fits a need and he should seriously be looked at if we can get him for the right price.

I'd be less scared to grab him than guys like Staal and Ladd, because if those 2 come here and don't produce to standard, they offer us nothing else, at least a guy like Lucic offers toughness and physicality and intimidation even if he isn't scoring or in a slump at some point.

I completely agree with the philosophy that says, "who cares which team this guy played for in the past." What matters is whether he can help us in the FUTURE.

I'm a little worried about Lucic as a guy whose best years are behind him. He's only 27 (!) so he really ought to have 5-6 more vintage years, but can he keep up with our fleet-of-foot game? I don't pretend to know the answer, but that'd be the point of concern.

EDIT: Getzlaf or Perry? Either would be just fine by me. But the return would, I'd imagine, be Galchenyuk ++ at the least, Subban at the most. You know my views on trading Subban - NO!!!!

I completely agree with the philosophy that says, "who cares which team this guy played for in the past." What matters is whether he can help us in the FUTURE.

I'm a little worried about Lucic as a guy whose best years are behind him. He's only 27 (!) so he really ought to have 5-6 more vintage years, but can he keep up with our fleet-of-foot game? I don't pretend to know the answer, but that'd be the point of concern.

EDIT: Getzlaf or Perry? Either would be just fine by me. But the return would, I'd imagine, be Galchenyuk ++ at the least, Subban at the most. You know my views on trading Subban - NO!!!!

It does not matter to me that Lucic played for the Bruins. I don't want a guy who will low stick some guy in the nuts. He has a history and will do it again. The 1st time he would do it in Montreal you all would want him gone and Marky down Mark would oblige.

I have no intention of trading Subban or Galchenyuk, if that was the cost I have the same answer, I was just asking.

It does not matter to me that Lucic played for the Bruins. I don't want a guy who will low stick some guy in the nuts. He has a history and will do it again. The 1st time he would do it in Montreal you all would want him gone and Marky down Mark would oblige.

I have no intention of trading Subban or Galchenyuk, if that was the cost I have the same answer, I was just asking.

I don't like the stick-in-the-nuts routine either, but ultimately that's a side-show to my mind...can he help our team or can't he, is the question. I don't care if he's a jerk. Jerks win Cups too.

We all seen Lucic take stupid penalties that cost the Bruins big time while playing against us. I also noticed that watching him with the Kings that he did the same thing. Dummies gonna dummy.

Guest Stogey24

We all seen Lucic take stupid penalties that cost the Bruins big time while playing against us. I also noticed that watching him with the Kings that he did the same thing. Dummies gonna dummy.

He honestly has like roid rage.

In the Draft Lotto thread Commandant made the point about some teams ahead of us possibly needing defence prospects more than forwards

"One thing i do like

Edmonton - desperately needs dmen
Vancouver - have more prospect forwards than D
Calgary - have more prospect forwards than D (But are set at D at the NHL level)
Arizona - have more prospect forwards than D
Buffalo - desperately needs dmen
Not all 5 teams will draft for need, but if one or two of them do, the forward slides to us."

If that's the case, what if we combined our 9th, along with our Minnesota second round pick, to move up enough to snag Dubois or Nylander?

Say to Vancouver: 9th, Minnesota's second, and a lesser D prospect

to Montreal: 5th overal pick

Edit: Even move up enough for Tkachuck by trading for Edmonton's 4th. We could include a guy like Dietz

I've hated luccic with the best of em. I've also secretly wished we drafted him. I hate to admit it, but I kind of like it when he punches guys in the face in scrum. Scrum are stupid. Bunch a "why I aughta" from guys who can't back it up. My thinking is is if you're gonna go into a scrum and act all tough you better be ready to get punched in the face. I kind of like that. Love how tough he plays between the whistles. What I don't like is that he seems to be emotionally weak. He let's people get under his skin way too easily and it knocks him off his game. He then makes foolish decisions at critical times. For that reason alone, I would not want to sign him. If he was just an asshole all the time and mean all the time and played a little dirty, I would be all for it, but I have seen him emotionally crack way too many times. I'm sure Emelin has done it to him 5 times at least.

Edit: Even move up enough for Tkachuck by trading for Edmonton's 4th. We could include a guy like Dietz

What value does Dietz have? He's a fringe depth defenceman who has to go through waivers next season. His trade value is that of a late round pick, not someone to use as an add-on to move up in the first round.

What value does Dietz have? He's a fringe depth defenceman who has to go through waivers next season. His trade value is that of a late round pick, not someone to use as an add-on to move up in the first round.

How about the ninth and Daniel Carr to pick a better forward?