[Game Thread] New York Islanders @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed the radio links, which were just blank javascripts.

I have to say, I think starting Halak tonight is the wrong decision. Unless a guy is consistently playing at a very high level, I don't think either guy should be getting 4 straight starts. After a guy gives up 4 goals in a game, it's probably best to give the other guy a shot again.

I'm surprised that Halak is getting the start tonight...I think Price has sat out long enough and an "easy" start against the Islanders would have been the perfect way to get back into the games!

I'm surprised that Halak is getting the start tonight...I think Price has sat out long enough and an "easy" start against the Islanders would have been the perfect way to get back into the games!

I got a theory: Halak at home, Price on the road.

+1

I too am surprised. If Price has to start against Pitts then we are putting him in a dangerous position. We get blown out, and Price will take another hit to the confidence.

Yea, playing Price on the road for a while might not be a bad idea. The fans get all over him everytime he gets scored on.

Funny, i don't recall Halak getting bood after 4 goals.

Intersting lineup, i hope they don' t take the Isle's lightly.

Laraque won't be needed until Pitt, Toronto. He'll probably sit against Chicago also.

Let's see if Stewart learned anything from the last game he played.

I am surprised too to see Halak tonight, but I trust Martin's judgment. I mean, he saw the two play and practice, he know their level of mental confidence, and I suppose that has something to do with his decision. He is very well paid to take the good decisions and I guess that if we were always on the same page than him, he would not be worth what he is earning.

As for the other replacements, if Metropolit is out because of the flu, there's no surprise there. As for Stewart, well, Martin probably needs to evaluate him a little bit more. If he doesn't deliver, why not call up Pyatt, Trotter or Ryan White and give them a shot at the big league as utility players?

Disappointed to see Halak starting but at least some people can start shutting up about him being given all the breaks. (starting with Jack Todd)

As for Stewart, well, Martin probably needs to evaluate him a little bit more. If he doesn't deliver, why not call up Pyatt, Trotter or Ryan White and give them a shot at the big league as utility players?

well, I believe Stewart is subject to waivers and I calling up one of the minor leaguers while keeping Stewart up would put a strain on the already untenable cap situation.

I am surprised too to see Halak tonight, but I trust Martin's judgment. I mean, he saw the two play and practice, he know their level of mental confidence, and I suppose that has something to do with his decision. He is very well paid to take the good decisions and I guess that if we were always on the same page than him, he would not be worth what he is earning.

That's the part the coach sees and fans dont. Apparently last week Price couldnt stop a beach ball in practice. Maybe our new goalie coach Pierre Groulx "found something" in Price's technique he wants to work on before sending back out, who knows?

Disappointed to see Halak starting but at least some people can start shutting up about him being given all the breaks. (starting with Jack Todd)

Why would anyone be "disappointed" to see Halak get a 4th start after winning the first 3 games? Let me ask it another way: why would anyone hope to see Price get a start. We're winning, Halak is solid, all is well, why mess with it? Price can watch from the end of the bench until we lose or Halak needs a break.

Halak looked no better than Price in the last two games. He did win, and the coach does make the decision. I have no problem with playing the guy whose winning. I like to see the team win regardless of who is playing where.

What if Chips and Kosty find chemistry. I expect Stewart to have a good game tonight. He should be hungry.

Why are the players wearing brown gloves in practice? Is there a heritage game or whatever coming up?

Yep - Saturday vs Toronto marks the return of the infamous barber pole jerseys, the first of 5 heritage jersey games this season.

I'm as surprised as everyone that Halak is getting the start. You gotta figure Price will play one of the B2Bs anyway. Curious to see how Kosty's demotion pans out... hope it lights a fire under his ass.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Curious to see how Kosty's demotion pans out... hope it lights a fire under his ass.

Agreed. AK46 has been disappointing this year, let's hope he wakes up!