Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Might be worth waiting until Hossa hits the UFA market. How is Ottawa going to be able to afford him anyway, with all the dough they've invested in Heatly and Spezza? They don't want to be Tampa Bay redux, do they? So perhaps the waiting game is the way to go, rather than losing picks/prospects/players - especially if you consider that according to Pierre Macguire, Waddell wants 'a player of Higgins' calibre PLUS Ryan McDonagh or Yemelin, PLUS a pick. So much for Hossa...and Waddell, f*ck you. ;)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Might be worth waiting until Hossa hits the UFA market. How is Ottawa going to be able to afford him anyway, with all the dough they've invested in Heatly and Spezza? They don't want to be Tampa Bay redux, do they? So perhaps the waiting game is the way to go, rather than losing picks/prospects/players - especially if you consider that according to Pierre Macguire, Waddell wants 'a player of Higgins' calibre PLUS Ryan McDonagh or Yemelin, PLUS a pick. So much for Hossa...and Waddell, f*ck you. ;)

COULDNT AGREE MORE, Bob Gainey please dont give up the future for a 2 month rental!!!!

The Cost is to high!!

Stay the course

Nah....f**k that. We have a good thing going in Montreal. Gainey, like us wants Hossa but he doesn't want him that bad. If the deadline passes and Gainey does nothing the boys just might get a little jump to start performing. The only guy I question is Ryder and if he even wants to stay. If we could unload him and move on I think we'll be o.k.

Hossa would have happend by now if it was to go down. Waddel is milking it to the wire and Gainey won't be milked. Thank god.

Team 1040 here in Vancouver has just mentioned that Hossa has been traded to Montreal. More details to follow.

Ryder, Grabovski, Russian prospect now playing in Russia (Perezhogin or Emelin?) and a 1st round pick in 2008.

Team 1040 here in Vancouver has just mentioned that Hossa has been traded to Montreal. More details to follow.

Ryder, Grabovski, Russian prospect now playing in Russia (Perezhogin or Emelin?) and a 1st round pick in 2008.

Steep price if it's Emelin and Hossa doesn't sign here for his next contract.

a buddy who is a scout here in Japan (yeah, I know - - -) anyway just called to say the Habs have Hossa for Ryder + something.

Yeah the rumour is Team 1040 here in Vancouver has just mentioned that Hossa has been traded to Montreal. More details to follow.

Sounds like something kinda reasonable, but only if Hossa is inked to a deal for a few more years. If no deal, then i would say that it is definitely too much.

Guess we'll see if it's just hearsay or not.

Sure, it's a big risk if he won't re-sign with the team.

But heck, who knows which future Grabovski, Emelin & Co. willl have. No proven NHL'ers besides Ryder, so I'd take that risk.

Sure, it's a big risk if he won't re-sign with the team.

But heck, who knows which future Grabovski, Emelin & Co. willl have. No proven NHL'ers besides Ryder, so I'd take that risk.

I don't mind givign up Grabovski at all...last thing we need in Montreal is another damn smurf centre...I'd like to see us get rid of the one we have masquerading as a first liner. Emelin is the one I think we may regret...we haven't had a mean open-ice hitter on teh blueline in a long time.

Edited by sbhatt

Yeah the rumour is Team 1040 here in Vancouver has just mentioned that Hossa has been traded to Montreal. More details to follow.

Geezz...it finally pays to be in a time zone which is 7hrs ahead of Montreal.

If it's true, I kinda like it. Ryder I am indifferent to. Grabovski as well.

Now, if the russian prospect is Emelin, I'd be pissed as hell. Mind you, we have a back log in Defence for the years to come, so i guess if it was between McDonaugh (or a prospect who will most definitely play in the NHL one day) or Emelin I'd rather loose Emelin. (Please be Perezhogin)

Now the 1st rnd pick in '08 is ur stinger. I have a funny feeling Bob wont be without a 1st rnd pick in '08. As much as I root for Huet, I'd trade him. Replenish your cup board by getting rid of prospective UFA's. If anyone is gonna lead us far in the playoffs, it's gonna be Price or Jaro.

Oh, of course you can pretty much guarantee that Hossa's gonna be here for at least 5 yrs at 7.5mil.

Oh, and u can also guarantee that Hossa ain't coming here alone. He's bringing a friend too.

Anyone see anything else confirming this rumor???

Edited by Helmethead

I don't mind givign up Grabovski at all...last thing we need in Montreal is another damn smurf centre...I'd like to see us get rid of the one we have masquerading as a first liner. Emelin is the one I think we may regret...we haven't had a mean open-ice hitter on teh blueline in a long time.

Sure but it didn't seem like Emelin is too eager to come over to NA.

Sure but it didn't seem like Emelin is too eager to come over to NA.

I am here out West, still just a rumour, nothing confirmed...

Don Waddell was also at the Ottawa affiliate in Binghampton..So the speculation is between Boston, Ottawa and Montreal..

If this rumuor is correct:

Ryder, UFA, and late pick, : OK FINE

Emelin: Tough one, but may never come to NA, OK

Grabvosky: Late pick, credit to scouting, small, offensive, eventual replacemnt for Koivu, but who knows if he pans out!!, but hard one to give up, if HOSSA doesnt sign...

First pick: Well, has to be a condition if Hossa signs or Montreal wins Cup, similiar to pronger deal and Anaheim giving up extra first round pick for them winning the cup..., Otherwise a hard one..

Really one is giving up Grabvosky and first pick....and insurance should be first pick if HOSSa signs, then deal works...

But lets wait to see if and when this trades ever goes through....lets not get too excited either way, have a good night sleep...

Edited by HabsWEST

I cant go to sleep now without knowing whether this is true or not!!!!... :blink:

SAVVVVE US JEEBUS....OOPS...I MEAN...HOSSA!!!!!!!

On HFboards they said it was a bogus rumour. Look in the Hossa/Richards got traded according to yahoo thread.

16 hours before the deadline... too soon in my opinion for this to be true... but if those names are true (emelin specially (Gainey and timmins probably sold told Atlanta Emelin was a cross between Markov and Phaneuf) that could easily outbid ottawa... but I dont know about The other teams in the hunt for Hossa (those Rangers are always scary) how close to the deadline was Kovalev bought?

if so... lets think positive... we certainly have enough depth and TIME for some more trades ....