Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

We have a number of prospects in Hamilton whose future will have to be dealt with this year. If you package some of these players with say a defenseman you may be able to balance out the cost to a buyer and get some value back.

Quick...name those prospects...

I think you over-estimate what's at issue there...

I personally think the Habs can unload the following: Mara, Gill, Bergeron, Lapierre, D'Agostini and, IF the return is good enough, Halak. Sure, they need a good 2 way d-man in return...but their hands are pretty tied.

I personally think the Habs can unload the following: Mara, Gill, Bergeron, Lapierre, D'Agostini and, IF the return is good enough, Halak. Sure, they need a good 2 way d-man in return...but their hands are pretty tied.

Does Bergeron really have a whole lot of value considering he's out until near the end of March? Long time for a team to wait to reap the benefits of a rental. Also, D'Agostini's a cheap body, something that's becoming of increasing value to the team given the cap situation, I don't see them actively trying to move him honestly. The rest I agree with.

I would be trying to trade Hammer. This will prove very dificult, but he only hasa year left after this. Trade him for a guy in his last year of his contract. Equal money per year. That frees up a lot of cap space for the next year. Spacek will be better on the left side. I really believe that.

Edited by BCHabnut

I'd rather keep Hammer and trade Spacey..hammer has worked with others besides Spaceman....but Spacek has not worked well with anyone. I liked the pairing of Hammer/Suban (if not for this year, for next).

I'd rather keep Hammer and trade Spacey..hammer has worked with others besides Spaceman....but Spacek has not worked well with anyone. I liked the pairing of Hammer/Suban (if not for this year, for next).

I agree wiht you, but it'll be alot easier to trade Hamrlik(who only has one year left on his contract) then to trade Spacek, who's got 2 more years left!

Edited by Habsfan

I like Hammer a whole bunch. He has been a very good signing. Waaaaay better than Souray has for the Oilers, I just think that 5.5 million would hit the spot for getting Plek and Halak and Price and Pouliot signed. His one year contract could be ditchable. My ideal situation would be to see him dealt before the trade deadline. It would have to be for 5.5 million worth of players. Or close to it. Prefferably guys that are in the final year of their contract. Either that or we could pull a murray and deal a few 2 and 3 million dollar guys for picks. That's how he freed up the cash for Heatly. Sent 3 guys to Vancouver for picks and prospects. Just a salary dump.

Edited by BCHabnut

I like Hammer a whole bunch. He has been a very good signing. Waaaaay better than Souray has for the Oilers, I just think that 5.5 million would hit the spot for getting Plek and Halak and Price and Pouliot signed. His one year contract could be ditchable. My ideal situation would be to see him dealt before the trade deadline. It would have to be for 5.5 million worth of players. Or close to it. Prefferably guys that are in the final year of their contract. Either that or we could pull a murray and deal a few 2 and 3 million dollar guys for picks. That's how he freed up the cash for Heatly. Sent 3 guys to Vancouver for picks and prospects. Just a salary dump.

I'd like to see if Hamrlik could be dealt for an expiring contract. A guy like Ruslan Salei in Colorado fits the bill, for example.

I'd take Turco to to get Hamrlik off the books,

Hannon form Colorado would actually be really good, A RD, tough physical, great partner for Markov. Colorado is looking for a vet LD and reportedly would give up Hannon.

1.5 mill less per year, same length i beleive.

I'd take Turco to to get Hamrlik off the books,

Hannon form Colorado would actually be really good, A RD, tough physical, great partner for Markov. Colorado is looking for a vet LD and reportedly would give up Hannon.

1.5 mill less per year, same length i beleive.

Where did you hear either of those?

We've got a logjam at D and Sherman wants to stay the course. Liles, Clark, Salei and Svatos are all ready to go for whatever we can get. But Hannan certainly isn't available, him and Quincey are terrific as our top pairing and have shut down other teams top lines all season.

Where did you hear either of those?

We've got a logjam at D and Sherman wants to stay the course. Liles, Clark, Salei and Svatos are all ready to go for whatever we can get. But Hannan certainly isn't available, him and Quincey are terrific as our top pairing and have shut down other teams top lines all season.

Yeah, Salei and Clark are the ones that are available from what I've heard. There's no interest in Liles' contract at all.

Is this a comeback season for Hannan or am I mistaking him for someone else?

I remember always hearing that he was washed up. Maybe it was Brad Stuart or Nick Boynton...

Is this a comeback season for Hannan or am I mistaking him for someone else?

I remember always hearing that he was washed up. Maybe it was Brad Stuart or Nick Boynton...

Yeah, it's a comeback season for Hannan. Last year they had to rely on old man Foote for the tough minutes, this year Hannan is again up to the task.

I heard it on a Avs broadcast. The announcers mentioned it, not Hamrlik by name but because the Avs have so many good young D especially on the right side they may look to ship Hannon for a LD veteran.

Who knows if it's true, just bringing up what i heard.

Desharnais,Russel,Wyman,Trotter,Stewart,Johansson,Belle,Benoit,Carle,Darche,Pyat

t,Glumac,Henry and Busto ---- If your premise is correct, none of them will be resigned by the Canadians. My guess would be that five,six, seven of those players would be useful in a trade scenerio.

Desharnais,Russel,Wyman,Trotter,Stewart,Johansson,Belle,Benoit,Carle,Darche,Pyat

t,Glumac,Henry and Busto ---- If your premise is correct, none of them will be resigned by the Canadians. My guess would be that five,six, seven of those players would be useful in a trade scenerio.

Stewart's cleared waivers so he has next to no value, Johansson defected back to Sweden and will likely never play in NA again, Glumac and Henry aren't exactly prospects nor is Darche (though his value is higher now than it was a month ago, that I'll grant you). And Busto?? The guy who got cut by an IHL team and that the Bulldogs would rather play with 17 skaters rather than actually recalling? He'll be released (not qualified) without question. I suspect the rest have at the very least positive value in a trade scenario - but, a 5th round pick implies positive value in a trade in that they're worth some sort of return.

The only two players that I think could have notable value of those right now are Trotter (like Balej years ago) and Pyatt (since he's played 1/3 of the year in the NHL). Desharnais maybe, but lots will still be scared off by his size. I don't see these players being the centrepiece to acquire a big time player though. Would it be enough to entice a team to take on a big deal? You never know, but I wouldn't count on it.

I think Carle would still have some value, despite his shoulder surgery. It would be modest, though.

I agree, that's why I didn't shoot him down directly. Key issue for next year with him though is that he'll need waivers, so whoever wants him has to be convinced he's NHL ready now.

I still think Carle was very good in the NHL. I was very surprised when they sent him down.

Though I can't remember that far back particularly well, no d-men were recalled until December 9th (Carle was demoted on Nov. 18). Probably means that someone (O'Byrne?) was coming back from injury and the Habs needed to make room on the roster for him.

Though I can't remember that far back particularly well, no d-men were recalled until December 9th (Carle was demoted on Nov. 18). Probably means that someone (O'Byrne?) was coming back from injury and the Habs needed to make room on the roster for him.

Both O'Byrne and Gill came back around then.