Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

This makes a whole lot of sense. We unload Hammer or Spacek to free up the space to sign Plex.

Whatever the deal would be I seriously doubt one of our goalies would be going the other way unless there is a bizarre 3 way trade.

I agree. My hope would be that in this instance, the Habs waive Turco (even through re-entry) and simply unload him that way. Heck, that'd help this year's cap out as well...

Alex Frolov for Max Pacioretty + ? Such is the latest scuttlebutt out there: http://ow.ly/1656T

That would be horrible. Frolov is a ufa and we already have cap issues. Maxpax is cheap, shown a good work ethic. Let's see what Boucher can do with him.

That would be horrible. Frolov is a ufa and we already have cap issues. Maxpax is cheap, shown a good work ethic. Let's see what Boucher can do with him.

Couldn't agree more. I actually *like* MaxPac's progression. I know he hasn't been able to carve out a roster spot, but I really get the sense of a guy who is learning what it takes to play the pro game and that it's a matter of time before he puts it together. So far, all of these rumours (Turco, Frolov) seem unsettling, but maybe the problem is that we no have no real read on Gauthier. Is he a doofus? A canny operator? A bold mover who wants to make a quick and dramatic strike to make his mark on the team? A cautious, deliberate type who will wait and see? He's effectively Mr. X. All we know from his track record is that he has a history of effectively rebuilding teams from ground zero. That's not much to go on in this context.

Couldn't agree more. I actually *like* MaxPac's progression. I know he hasn't been able to carve out a roster spot, but I really get the sense of a guy who is learning what it takes to play the pro game and that it's a matter of time before he puts it together. So far, all of these rumours (Turco, Frolov) seem unsettling, but maybe the problem is that we no have no real read on Gauthier. Is he a doofus? A canny operator? A bold mover who wants to make a quick and dramatic strike to make his mark on the team? A cautious, deliberate type who will wait and see? He's effectively Mr. X. All we know from his track record is that he has a history of effectively rebuilding teams from ground zero. That's not much to go on in this context.

If Gauthier makes this trade he needs to have his head examined, then the Molson brothers needs to fire Boivin and Gauthier.

The patience level of Canadiens fans is beyond absurd.

Would Frolov be a good rental if it cost us something like say Hammer? I'm not sure LA needs or wants Hammer, just a suggestion. I'm not too caught up with the Western conference.

Or Spaceman, Or Mara, Or both of them and a bag of pucks, But that would be my final offer ^_^

Patrick Caisse reported on his blog last night of a rumored deal in the works between the Montreal Canadiens and LA Kings, which reportedly would see Kings winger Alex Frolov shipped to Montreal depending upon whether or not the Kings could land an experienced forward. Caisse speculates either Carolina's Ray Whitney or Atlanta's Slava Kozlov might be of interest to the Kings. He had no word on what the return from the Habs might be but suggested winger Max Pacioretty's name has appeared in recent rumors although the Kings would want more in return.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Frolov to the Canadiens has been in the rumor mill since last fall. Take this one for what it's worth, folks. We know the Kings tried to land Whitney but that deal fell through over his contract demands. Kozlov was recently a healthy scratch for the Thra

I think that the rumours around Frolov are more "fans wishes" than other thing. I'm sure if you enter Frolov in HW's forums search engine you'll find "rumours" dating back to 2003. I for one would love to see him here and would give both K brothers for him. Would love to see him alongside Cammalleri and Plekanec (+Markov at the point)

I think that the rumours around Frolov are more "fans wishes" than other thing. I'm sure if you enter Frolov in HW's forums search engine you'll find "rumours" dating back to 2003. I for one would love to see him here and would give both K brothers for him. Would love to see him alongside Cammalleri and Plekanec (+Markov at the point)

i dont know much about or seen him play much but if he and mike are buddies it could be a good move but then we would need to sign both him and plex and it would cost about 5 mil a year for 4 year for each guy i would think..

i dont know much about or seen him play much but if he and mike are buddies it could be a good move but then we would need to sign both him and plex and it would cost about 5 mil a year for 4 year for each guy i would think..

Yeah, logistically it's better to keep some younger guys around. Guys that are 27-32 cost the most money, generally. The Kostitsyns (also Pouliot) are younger and cheaper. If you invest too much in forwards it'll end up hurting you on the defensive end. It's all about balance.

I would love to see Frolov with us, but if it's going to cost us a young player at the deadline, I would rather try to hook him in the summer. I mean, it would make sense for him to want to come here since Cammy is here.

Frolov - Pleks - Cams

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta

Now that is a top 2 lines you could see on any contending team. I know right now we don't have the money to sign both Pleks and Frolov so something like this could only happen we shed some major money.

Plus, a 3rd line of Pouliot, Desharnais and Sergei would probably be able to produce a fair amount of goals.

Edited by ForumGhost

I would love to see Frolov with us, but if it's going to cost us a young player at the deadline, I would rather try to hook him in the summer. I mean, it would make sense for him to want to come here since Cammy is here.

Frolov - Pleks - Cams

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta

Now that is a top 2 lines you could see on any contending team. I know right now we don't have the money to sign both Pleks and Frolov so something like this could only happen we shed some major money.

Plus, a 3rd line of Pouliot, Desharnais and Sergei would probably be able to produce a fair amount of goals.

yea but i think pouliot well be on a line with gomez/gionta and kostitsyn well be moved to fit in frolov...

Frolov: 162 goals, 367 Points, 513 Games Played, +20, 14.10 SPCT

A. Kostitsyn: 64 goals, 133 points, 226 Games Played, +15, 13.97 SPCT

There's a bit of a production difference there (.58 PPG for Kostitsyn to .71 for Frolov) but there isn't enough overall to get me excited. Frolov will cost more, and judging by their shooting percentages, Kostitsyn will improve more with increased opportunity/playing time. Frolov's never been in the playoffs, either, so it's hard to get a good read on him against top competition.

Throwing in Sergei on top like some are suggesting is just a bad idea. And I don't think we need to get Cammalleri higher end players to get more out of him... he's doing quite well as is. More support would be nice, but that would come in becoming more balanced, and acquiring a more expensive version of Andrei Kostitsyn (and dropping SK74) doesn't help in that regard.

There's a bit of a production difference there (.58 PPG for Kostitsyn to .71 for Frolov) but there isn't enough overall to get me excited. Frolov will cost more, and judging by their shooting percentages, Kostitsyn will improve more with increased opportunity/playing time. Frolov's never been in the playoffs, either, so it's hard to get a good read on him against top competition.

Throwing in Sergei on top like some are suggesting is just a bad idea. And I don't think we need to get Cammalleri higher end players to get more out of him... he's doing quite well as is. More support would be nice, but that would come in becoming more balanced, and acquiring a more expensive version of Andrei Kostitsyn (and dropping SK74) doesn't help in that regard.

SK74 is progressing exremely well playing with our top line that it makes it almost a crime to keep demoting this kid back to the 3rd or 4th lines. Maybe if we can trade for a good third line player then SK 74 can find a permanent role and help this team with 3 solid and capable lines.

Andrei Kostitsyn LW/RW

DOB: Feb 03, 1985

Place of Birth: Novopolotsk, USSR (now Belarus)

HT: 6-0 WT: 208

Shoots: L

NHL Seasons: 4

Drafted by Montreal in 2003 (1/10).

Alexander Frolov LW/RW

DOB: Jun 19, 1982

Place of Birth: Moscow, USSR (now Russia)

HT: 6-2 WT: 204

Shoots: R

NHL Seasons: 6

Drafted by Los Angeles in 2000 (1/20

I could see making this trade if Kostitsyn really dont what to play in montreal or if you think he well go to shit when and if his brother is trade and if you have a inside inf on Frolov and he love to play in montreal.

but i dont think we trade Frolov for Kostitsyn so at least for the rest of this year we would have both guys and can judge what to do next season after the year is over...

Edited by KEEP26

Mueller and his 4 goals 12 assist season ?!?! Talking about a guy who looks more and more like a bust here. We gambled for Pouliot, not sure I'm ready to gamble again for Mueller.

But the guy obviously has talent. I just prefer giving more to get more. I'd adore a guy like Horton though. But he's injured and Dr. Mulder is close to burnout.

2007-08 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 81 22 32 54

2008-09 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 72 13 23 36

2009-10 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 51 4 12 16

He had a great rookie season at 20 years old on a weak team. Mueller looks more like a case of "struggling young player that may need a change of scenery" than a bust. I don't know of any top prospects that had a good rookie season and then disappeared. The way I see it, he scored 22 goals and had 54 points when he was 2 seasons less developed than he is now. He just needs to "find himself."

It's the perfect opportunity to buy a top prospect at his lowest value. For all we know, they'd take Sergei Kostitsyn for him.

Agreed. If anything, I'd put my eggs in the Kostitsyn basket, considering he's still developing as a player. He had his breakout year two seasons ago, before having a bad year like everyone else last season. This year, it took a little bit, but Plex shook Andrei back into shape and he started to show his promise again before being injured. If he can come back and start to score like he did before being hurt, there's not much more you can ask for from an eastern european "enigma".

When Cammalleri started scoring, it opened up the ice for Andrei. Then Andrei starting scoring and that opened it up a bit for Cammalleri. Prime beneficiary? Plekanec's stat-line and wallet. Plus Frolov would cost alot more to resign than Andrei is currently making.

Habs I/O says the latest rumor is D'Ags and Weber for Frolov. You know what? I think that would be a good move. Both players have upside in my book, but have fallen on our depth charts. Plus, even if Frolov is a UFA, we would still get first crack at negotiating with him. Plus, like I pointed out before, he may wanna stay here since he's apparently a buddy of Cams.

Habs I/O says the latest rumor is D'Ags and Weber for Frolov. You know what? I think that would be a good move. Both players have upside in my book, but have fallen on our depth charts. Plus, even if Frolov is a UFA, we would still get first crack at negotiating with him. Plus, like I pointed out before, he may wanna stay here since he's apparently a buddy of Cams.

Certainly doesn't come close to working cap wise with the Moore pickup/Subban recall.