Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Mueller and his 4 goals 12 assist season ?!?! Talking about a guy who looks more and more like a bust here. We gambled for Pouliot, not sure I'm ready to gamble again for Mueller.

But the guy obviously has talent. I just prefer giving more to get more. I'd adore a guy like Horton though. But he's injured and Dr. Mulder is close to burnout.

I'd be willing to gamble and trade for Mueller in a hearbeat if we could unload GOmez's contract. But with the ownership situation in PHX, I just can't see them willing to take on that kind of salary commitment.

Does anyone know all of the terms of Gomez and Hamrlik's contracts??? I'm just wondering if they both have full NTC clauses, partial NTC.

From my understanding of Hamrlik, he had a limted NTC that either has expired or was expiring. I think that he should be movable by the deadline by someone looking for a playoff push. Salary cap wise, we should be able to make things work if we ask for a pick take a salary back for someone who will be a UFA, so at least it clears up room for next year.

WIth Gomez, if he doesn't have any trade restrictions, a team like Edmonton who can't seem to be able to sign any UFA's may bite to get a guy who is locked up. The only thing is there is no way in hell i would want another contract dud like Souray back in return!!!

I have a hunch Pleks will stay. If Gauthier can move Gomez for a center, like Mueller, I would be incredibly happy. Horton would be fantastic, but center is a more pressing need. If the Kings are interested in making a shot at the conference finals, Johnson would be a great pick up to.

Just get Pleks signed...

I have a hunch Pleks will stay. If Gauthier can move Gomez for a center, like Mueller, I would be incredibly happy. Horton would be fantastic, but center is a more pressing need. If the Kings are interested in making a shot at the conference finals, Johnson would be a great pick up to.

Just get Pleks signed...

To me there are 3 keys for next year. getting Pleks signed and getting the Gomez and Hamrlik salary's off the books. Not worried about the goalies. I'd like to keep both goalies and let them fight it out next year (unless we get one of those offers you can't refuse). Atlanta just traded Lehtenon and didn't get a whole lot for a goalie who was once a top 3 or 4 pick. So the only worry on goal would be what would happen to Price's value if he regresses next year.

I doubt if LA would want Gomez as the big talk is them making a push for Kovulchuk as a UFA. But picking up Johnson (in spite of his salary demands last summer) for GOmez would be worth it. At least even if we didn't want to pay Johnson the money he was reportedly looking for last summer, I'd rather own the rights of an RFA potential top 2, then a $7.3M 60 point man.

What was Johnson asking for?

I don't think the Kings would want Gomez anyways since they already have Kopitar.

He wanted $5M/yr during the summer.

I doubt if they would want him either. If you look at the contracts for their young core that will be up for renegotiating - Kopitar, Frolov (will probably be gone as a UFA or traded), Doughty. Not sure what guys like Brow, they also have Smyth ($6m) and Handuz (4M) - not sure how many years they have left. So if they are supposed to make a push for Kovulchuk as is widely reported, then I just can't see them wanting Gomez.

Does anyone know all of the terms of Gomez and Hamrlik's contracts??? I'm just wondering if they both have full NTC clauses, partial NTC.

From my understanding of Hamrlik, he had a limted NTC that either has expired or was expiring. I think that he should be movable by the deadline by someone looking for a playoff push. Salary cap wise, we should be able to make things work if we ask for a pick take a salary back for someone who will be a UFA, so at least it clears up room for next year.

WIth Gomez, if he doesn't have any trade restrictions, a team like Edmonton who can't seem to be able to sign any UFA's may bite to get a guy who is locked up. The only thing is there is no way in hell i would want another contract dud like Souray back in return!!!

Go to the CBA FAQ thread, I just updated the clauses yesterday. Both have limited NTC's in place, Hamrlik's doesn't expire until next year but he can be dealt to about half the league. Gomez adds 3 teams to the no-trade list per year.

Go to the CBA FAQ thread, I just updated the clauses yesterday. Both have limited NTC's in place, Hamrlik's don't expire until next year but he can be dealt to about half the league. Gomez adds 3 teams to the no-trade list per year.

thanks for the link. Is there any way of finding out which teams they can't be dealt to or is that kept confidential by the team and the player? Given that this is his 3rd year, i guess Gomez has 6 teams so far and will be able to add 3 more at the end of the year. I guess if the habs are going to try and move Gomez, they should do it ASAP.

Gomez isn't going anywhere. Like it or not he was brought in to do a job, and it worked. he got some offensive talent to sign in Montreal. Something the others couldn't do. Not a good message to the vets who signed here because of him. Get over it already.

Apparently Chicago's GM but also.. Pierre Gauthier has called Dallas GM inquiring about Marty Turco... http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=309636

That news is now front page on TSN.CA.. "Poker face"

Doesn't take long before journalists are at Pierre Gauthier

Anyone remember Rejean Houle's 1st move as a GM?

With a true 3rd and 4th line, a healthy 1st and 2nd line do we know what this team is? With a healthy D what is this team? We haven't had this all year...I find people willing to toss Gomez into the fire a bit pre-mature. It's been shown before that without Gomez, Gionta and Cammy likely wouldn't have signed.

The one glaring thing people don't realize is, does it matter if we get offensive talent when you have a coach who would beem at the prospect of the team winning every game 2-1? This team should be running and gunning, firewagon hockey, instead JM is choking the offense out of this team, too short shifts, the classic dump and change instead of dump and chase. Abandoning the forecheck when they get a lead and practically netting no defensive gain from this, as the other teams can dump the puck into our zone, and the other teams forwards rush in against our tough, yet imobile d corps, because, you guessed it, the team doesn't forecheck to stall the opponents rush.

Haha well that was a tangant.

The Habs have no cap room to take on Turco, and I really see no advantages of us doing that right now. Maybe Turco is someone the team targets in the offseason as a veteran to compliment whichever young goalie they go with, but no way can the Habs absorb a $5.5m player like Turco without moving like $7m back the other way.

Sure they do, send Hamrlik as part of the package the other way. The make the same money. I would assume it would be a much bigger deal, 2-3 players each way. The Dallas broadcasters said during a couple of broadcasts that Dalla was looking at Halak.

I'm not opposed to getting a vet goalie to help a younger goalie for a few years, obviously if it's Turco he would have to resign for much less money.

I don't see Turco really helping the team. Our problem is that we have 2 good goalies. If the teams decides to ship one out, it will be to give the other more of an opportunity to play more.

We have much more pressing needs, such as 3rd line scoring or a stabilizing defensemen.

I dont see Gomez going anywhere his part of the bigger picture...I have heard the Turco(vet goalie) rumor coming to montreal a few weeks back..i dont see how this is a good move unless its a bigger trade..halak or price for turco is a bad trade..

I really dont care if we trade both Andrei Kostitsyn or Sergei Kostitsyn as long as we can bring back a couple good player or picks ...i cant see Sergei Kostitsyn whating to be a fouth liner so you can say good bye to him and if Andrei is such a pro drama queen that he cant play because his brother is not on the team its time for him to pack his bags..i think both these kids got a lot of up side but right now they dont have the heart..i used to love these kids when they first got here..they played hard, fight and just give it their all but i feel they had lost alot of that somewhere..with the partying, drug dealer stuff plus i keep hearing that they show up at camp ever year out of shape...so if we can move them atit helps the team iam all for it.. trade i like to make is Andrei Kostitsyn and Metropolit for Jordan Staal

price or halak...i like price more but if i was the habs i would hold on to both unless a super deal come along..i might trade halak at the draft and sign a cheap vet if i was the gm..but if halak the man i can live with that to..both get these guys sign and go from there..

plex i like the guy but if his not sign by the deal line try and trade him..ex.. plex for Sharp

I really think we should move Roman Hamrlik to free up cap space and make room for one of the young guys coming up..

All your points are great and honestly I would be all for a trade involving the "Special" K bros. I would take even the Staal brother that got flushed over them. But do you know the number of the GM willing to give up atleast a bag of hot pucks (NHL uses frozen pucks) for them?

Plex for Sharp... sure if he doesn't want to come back, hell a sec round draft pick and hot pucks is better then what we got for Saku right? So let's not repeat the same mistake right Gauthy (new GM)?

As far as the goalies go... qualitfing offer sheets to the 2 and see what team bites and gives up it's future (kinda what EDM did with Penner) for our hot goalie. I know most on this board will disagree with this approche on the fear to loose both goalies. Maybe Theo will come back if that happens. what the hey. If the team is bent on Price and he is too something to figure out that hockey is a better job then bartender then ship his a$$ over the hills.

The Hammer is awsome. I would love to see him traded to a team that buy him out and then have him come back here for a contract like MAB. That would be the awsomest :)

My 2 cents, well to me... I have already been told my 2 cents on the goalie stance is running a debt bigger then the Exited States, lol :)

thanks for the link. Is there any way of finding out which teams they can't be dealt to or is that kept confidential by the team and the player? Given that this is his 3rd year, i guess Gomez has 6 teams so far and will be able to add 3 more at the end of the year. I guess if the habs are going to try and move Gomez, they should do it ASAP.

Unfortunately, that's all the info I can get. Technically, NTC's themselves are supposed to be non-disclosed so quite frankly, I'm happy that I was able to get what's there now.

The Habs have no cap room to take on Turco, and I really see no advantages of us doing that right now. Maybe Turco is someone the team targets in the offseason as a veteran to compliment whichever young goalie they go with, but no way can the Habs absorb a $5.5m player like Turco without moving like $7m back the other way.

As was noted, a deal involving Hamrlik would have no effect this year on the cap but would take his deal off the books for next season. If they're trying to clear space, this'd be an interesting way to do it.

Pierre Gauthier's comment that Plekanec wants to stay here with montreal is a complete farce. Be certain that Plek's contract demand is over 5 million per year with a long term contract. The fact that he is playing well this year is to achieve his gaol and get the money and contract he desires otherwise he would be a bust like his previous year with our club. I also believe that Price could be moved rather that Halak depending on the offers available.

Pierre Gauthier's comment that Plekanec wants to stay here with montreal is a complete farce. Be certain that Plek's contract demand is over 5 million per year with a long term contract. The fact that he is playing well this year is to achieve his gaol and get the money and contract he desires otherwise he would be a bust like his previous year with our club. I also believe that Price could be moved rather that Halak depending on the offers available.

Problem with that argument: last year was a contract year for Plekanec as well.

Turco! :lol:

Any sensible trade involving that guy would entail two things: first, that Dallas takes substantial salary going back; and second, that Gauthier has a deal lined up involving position player(s)/ high picks for one of the young Gs and is trying to make sure we have a good fall-back in goal. Otherwise it'd be sheer lunacy. Of course, it's possible both elements could involve Dallas, e.g., we take Turco and Eriksson or Neal, and give back Hamrlik and Halak. Something like that.

Given that the Stars just acquired Lehtinen, I would't be surprised to see Turco on the hoof any day.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

most of the year everyone been talking about Jaroslav Halak and Carey Price....so both guys are rfa this year and with the new cap nhl.. shouldnt we find out how much each guy are looking for and keep the one that we can get the best deal with???

just wondering....

McKenzie says it himself that this Turco thing makes no sense - and I agree with him. Why the hell would Gauther wanna do that, even if it could work capwise?

Edited by redondo

McKenzie says it himself that this makes no sense - and I agree with him. Why the hell would Gauther wanna do that, even if it could work capwise?

I think you answered your own question as soon as you mentioned the cap. Expiring contract for a hefty ticket beyond this season; if anything, the team acquiring the hefty ticket (think Hamrlik here) might want more from the Habs to compensate for the fact that they're letting the Habs unload a bad contract.

I think you answered your own question as soon as you mentioned the cap. Expiring contract for a hefty ticket beyond this season; if anything, the team acquiring the hefty ticket (think Hamrlik here) might want more from the Habs to compensate for the fact that they're letting the Habs unload a bad contract.

This makes a whole lot of sense. We unload Hammer or Spacek to free up the space to sign Plex.

Whatever the deal would be I seriously doubt one of our goalies would be going the other way unless there is a bizarre 3 way trade.