Injury news

Commandant

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Dach posted this photo today and that the surgery is done. See ya next year buddy. 

IMG_0251.jpeg

Poor bastard. I hope he's doing OK in terms of his confidence and mental health. It's got to be hard to recover morally from such a devastating piece of bad luck.

On 10/26/2023 at 7:58 AM, GHT120 said:

@alfredoh2009 ... "The new team was brought in to change the trend" does not seem like a fulsome response ... you didn't initially specify whether the trend you referenced was actual injuries or the  mismanagement of injuries ... AND ... you had questioned why, ***if*** the number was again high, the medical/training staff not allowing players to just play simply because they wanted to had value ... it was not obvious what "trend" you meant.

We don't know anything about the ins and outs of the Habs' medical staff and its dealings. What we do know was the the old staff was getting disastrous results. That may have just been bad luck, or it may have been due to a philosophy that deferred to much to players and their eternal desire to "play through injury." Or maybe there was some other factor to do with training or something. We'll see. Ultimately it's a "results based business" so going back to the same team was not really an option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Harris a game-time decision tonight

I kinda thought he had been on for awhile and got tossed into the boards likely because he was just gassed.

:pray: fingers crossed obviously that is just a minor set back. 

"A 2:48 shift for Xhekaj, after which he heads to the dressing room. He had taken a hit from behind a bit earlier"

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: maybe the problem was not the medical staff... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: 

I assume it was more that returning guys got injured again & injured guys played too long (and new mgmt), so we shall see. 

Dvorak seems to have returned fully healed.

I am not sure if Guhle is 100% ; and if I recall correctly, Harris had missed some time with an undisclosed injury before returning and getting hurt.

in Harris case I fear a concussion. He keeps absorbing hits to make plays, he seems to get trapped in the D-zone and to get crushed against the board too often to my liking 

I hope he can recover fully before returning; when he is “on” he is good 

37 minutes ago, DON said:

I assume it was more that returning guys got injured again & injured guys played too long (and new mgmt), so we shall see. 

Exactly, 

The medical team can not prevent all injuries from happening. Its a contact sport and players are going to be injured. What they need to do is treat them, and prevent it from being a recurring problem.  They need to manage when to return and the risks involved.

No one is asking them to have no injuries. 

Its about looking at a staff that had numerous misdiagnosed timelines, players brought back too soon, getting further injuries and issues and it all adding up to leading the league in man games lost two years in a row.  That's what you want the new staff to avoid a repeat of, not to say there are no injuries. 

But its okay, just another post from the guy who always favours the old regime over making changes, whether it was Bergy, Ducharme, or the med staff.  Its always a shot at the new guys and favouring the old ones.

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

in Harris case I fear a concussion. He keeps absorbing hits to make plays, he seems to get trapped in the D-zone and to get crushed against the board too often to my liking

I do believe his head is still on his shoulders, not part of his lower body!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I do believe his head is still on his shoulders, not part of his lower body!

😆

Whether our medical staff understands that the head is not part of the lower body remains to be seen, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Just heard Newhook is out 10-12 weeks. 

You heard right

I ***HATE*** high ankle sprains ... they are a lengthy and unpredictable recovery.

There comes a point where we need to start talking about the Curse of Patrick Roy or something. So often when a Habs young player starts to round into form, BAM! He suffers a catastrophic injury. It’s ridiculous