Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Barkov is going as well. IMO the USA should have included both Yandle and Seth Jones

He must be the youngest (good) hockey player going to Olympics?

Grigs is no Radulov. He was not ready last year to make it purely on his own and buffalo didn't have the personnel to slowly try and bring him in. This is more the team fxcking up his development than him being a pre-Madonna. He should have been in junior last year and than a decision made this year. I don't blame Grigs now for feeling playing in junior will not further his development. Frankly the best decision the Sabres can mapmaker is loaning him out to a team in Europe or Russia.

Grigorenko basically may = Radulov? I would steer clear of shipping "any" Hab prospect for him.

But that Nakuskin (sp??) with Dallas, I would swap any Hab prospect for.

Grigs is no Radulov. He was not ready last year to make it purely on his own and buffalo didn't have the personnel to slowly try and bring him in. This is more the team fxcking up his development than him being a pre-Madonna. He should have been in junior last year and than a decision made this year. I don't blame Grigs now for feeling playing in junior will not further his development. Frankly the best decision the Sabres can mapmaker is loaning him out to a team in Europe or Russia.

Yes, maybe not prima-donna, just that the "Russian-Factor" had bit to do with him dropping in draft and superstar play one game, then invisible the next.

And alos that Sabres screwed the pooch it seems and the kid's agent may already be in discussions with Kovalchuk and KHL.

I think we PROBABLY got the best player, but really we can't really make the definitive call for another 3 years. Let's face it Edmonton and Buffalo are horribly run franchises that even Crosby probably would have struggled with.

It doesn't help having a coach who seems more concerned with wanting to send flowers and champagne to opposition players for motivating Edmonton's players for him (something he can't seem to do), or that the press in Edmonton it salads instead if donuts.

Interesting that Grigs and Yakupov have struggled so much while Galchenyuk has quietly taken up a reliable and regular shift on ye olde Montreal Canadiens. I think analysts should ask some serious questions about which team got the best forward in that draft. ;)

I hate that being called "the Russian" factor. Same thing can or has been said for evander Kane, Tyler Seguin, Patrick Kane, nazem Kadri, maxpac and an endless list of other players from ALL nationalities. Based on the play of Lats and Ribs in Montreal should we steer clear of all francophones because of the "French factor".

Yes, maybe not prima-donna, just that the "Russian-Factor" had bit to do with him dropping in draft and superstar play one game, then invisible the next.

And alos that Sabres screwed the pooch it seems and the kid's agent may already be in discussions with Kovalchuk and KHL.

MTL: Steve Ott (UFA)

Buff: briere Charles Hudon and 4th rd pick

Mtl: taylor Hall and perron

Edmonton: josh Gorges, rene bourque sebastian Collberg, nathan beaulieau and a 1st rd pick 2014 1st round pick 2015

**would this be enough?

Hall plex gionta

galchenyuk eller gallagher

patches DD perron

prust Ott moen

emelin (L) subban ®

marky (L) pateryn ®

murray(L) diaz ®

tinordi(L) boullion (L)

man we would be a helluva hockey team

I see, that's a good reason then. They've still screwed the pooch pretty royally with him. If he flat out refuses to go back to juniors, what options are there? A loan move to Europe?

RFA years are pretty valuable, but with a top prospect like Galchenyuk or, one would hope, Grigorenko, they don't make that much of a difference after the second contract if the player pans out.

A loan overseas to another pro league seems to be a legitimate possibility for him. It's a higher level of competition than that of the CHL ranks which would be better for his overall development (and his wallet).

You're right in that it may not mean a lot after the second contract but it allows greater flexibility in the options for a second contract. Let's suppose for a moment that the Habs want to go shorter term with Galchenyuk, another bridge deal if you will. Galchenyuk wants longer term, they settle in the middle and go 4 years. That takes him straight to UFA. Buffalo wants to go short-term with Grigorenko with a two year bridge, he wants more (and somehow gets the leverage, likely from the KHL), they settle for 4. He still has RFA years left at the end; this is exactly what Ottawa did with Jared Cowen by the way. For the Habs and Galchenyuk, a bridge deal is basically two years or less (three takes him to one year and an arbitration hearing from UFA). For Buffalo, a bridge could be 4 years for Grigorenko. Having that extra flexibility can be very valuable.

• Upvote 1

I hate that being called "the Russian" factor. Same thing can or has been said for evander Kane, Tyler Seguin, Patrick Kane, nazem Kadri, maxpac and an endless list of other players from ALL nationalities. Based on the play of Lats and Ribs in Montreal should we steer clear of all francophones because of the "French factor".

It has more to do with fleeing to KHL and would be a waste of draft pick, not style of play.

I'm not referring to style if play, but to the comment about playing one good game and then being invisible for 10.

It has more to do with fleeing to KHL and would be a waste of draft pick, not style of play.

I'm not referring to style if play, but to the comment about playing one good game and then being invisible for 10.

Yes is applicable to many high scoring snipers, who typically arnt too focused on the defensive end of rink, Russian or not, .

I may be over-valuing Leblanc - most here seem to think he belongs in the NHL. Aren't Hudon and Bozan considered pretty solid prospects?? If not, maybe a Collberg along with Fucale would make it more attractive. Even throw in their old hero Briere :lol:

Anyway, I'd pretty much be willing to move ANY prospect we have for Grigerenko, but would try to avoid giving up Tinordi or Beaulieu.

That's what we need, more flashy Euro prospects in a league that's trending towards size, strength and cycle play. We can get the Kostitsyn sisters back for free without giving up any roster players or prospects. Grigorenko doesn't skate well enough to play the Habs transition game.

You're right in that it may not mean a lot after the second contract but it allows greater flexibility in the options for a second contract. Let's suppose for a moment that the Habs want to go shorter term with Galchenyuk, another bridge deal if you will. Galchenyuk wants longer term, they settle in the middle and go 4 years. That takes him straight to UFA. Buffalo wants to go short-term with Grigorenko with a two year bridge, he wants more (and somehow gets the leverage, likely from the KHL), they settle for 4. He still has RFA years left at the end; this is exactly what Ottawa did with Jared Cowen by the way. For the Habs and Galchenyuk, a bridge deal is basically two years or less (three takes him to one year and an arbitration hearing from UFA). For Buffalo, a bridge could be 4 years for Grigorenko. Having that extra flexibility can be very valuable.

That flexibility definitely can be valuable when you're not quite sure what you have, like with Cowen. If Galchenyuk scores 70+ points in each of his bridge years, then we can feel pretty safe in giving him the money and term he's looking for.

What do you guys think of Gorges+Eller to Colorado for Ryan O'Reilly?

This would help Colorado shore up their D, and they'd save some money up front while replacing their physical two-way C. I'm more worried about the value from Montreal's end - it depends on how high O'Reilly's ceiling is, and if we think Eller is the same type of player or a notch below.

What do you guys think of Gorges+Eller to Colorado for Ryan O'Reilly?

This would help Colorado shore up their D, and they'd save some money up front while replacing their physical two-way C. I'm more worried about the value from Montreal's end - it depends on how high O'Reilly's ceiling is, and if we think Eller is the same type of player or a notch below.

Add Tyson Barrie and done deal.

Honestly, I'd like to see a bold move for O'Reilly just because I'm SOOOO tired of this team having exactly the same structural weaknesses year after year. Moving Gorges as part of a package would be OK provided we acquire a legitimate top-4 defender before next September. As for Eller, tough call. But like I say, the fan in me is just fed up with this eternal stasis of needing more size/physicality in the top 6. Enough's enough already.

We're definitely in need of help in the top 4, but that's a common plight among at least two thirds of the league. At some point we have to give our rookies a legitimate shot instead of favouring Murray and Bouillon. We should really have one in the lineup consistently this season so we won't be forced to have more than one at a time next year.

O'Reilly is nice.

This would be my short list..

Okposo

Kesler

Carter

Burns

Yakupov

mm.. Havlat?

Preferably Hossa or Kovalchuk. But, Pavelski would suffice.

Eller Gorges Prospects Picks.. just get the type of guy needed to balance this team out.

I wanna see Tinordi Pateryn bottom pairing! RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!

Callahan, Kane, O'Reilly, Moulson, Byfuglien.

Everyone knows Winnipeg is just about to hit the rebuild switch. They are waiting to see how Maurice feels about Kane. They might go ahead and build around him if he looks like a keeper for the organization. Big Buff and Enstrom on the other hand will probably be gone.

Big Buff I'd easily drop a first for.

Guest Stogey24

Callahan, Kane, O'Reilly, Moulson, Byfuglien.

Everyone knows Winnipeg is just about to hit the rebuild switch. They are waiting to see how Maurice feels about Kane. They might go ahead and build around him if he looks like a keeper for the organization. Big Buff and Enstrom on the other hand will probably be gone.

Big Buff I'd easily drop a first for.

Huge liability and I know this would never happen, but imagine a Murray- Byfuglien pairing.

If Jagr and Plek continue there chemistry in the Olympics this year; is there a possibility that M.B goes after Jagr.

Anything is possible. However, New Jersey is not that far from third in the Metropolitan. This is the Metro standings right now:

1. Pittsburgh (70 pts)

2. New York (57 pts)

3. Philadelphia (55 pts)

4. Columbus (52 pts)

5. Washington (52 pts)

6. New Jersey (51 pts)

7. Carolina (49 pts)

8. Long Island (45 pts)

Only six points separating New Jersey and second place New York. Only a point outside of the Wildcard Blue Jackets. It's so tight they might even keep Jagr. All it would take is a winning streak for them to think they can make it. Or maybe Lou knows this team isn't going anywhere and trades all of his rentals for picks and prospects. It's hard to say. That said, Montreal fans especially should take note of the fact that while the Metro was the "embarrassing" division early on, that division is now the Atlantic.