First Round Matchup

zumpano21

Save it for round 2. If Boston gets in, i want them to beat Tampa Bay in Round 1. :popcorn:

good call

Who ever we play in round one, Pateryn should be in the line up. Curious to see what our record is when this guy is in the line up. He plays great and is good luck too boot!

I know he played in the back to back drubbings we handed the Jackets and Blues on the road. Possibly Montreals' two best games of the season.

Well it pretty much looks like Boston is out and we face Ottawa 1st round. We need to be ready to play 60 minutes of hockey every game.

Ya think? Bruins win and sens lose Bruins are in. Red hot sens not an ideal match for us.

Ya think? Bruins win and sens lose Bruins are in.

Bruins play Tampa and Sens play Flyers. If I am a betting man the Broons have the harder task. A regulation tie by the Sens and they are in. All they need is 1 point.

Well it pretty much looks like Boston is out and we face Ottawa 1st round. We need to be ready to play 60 minutes of hockey every game.

The odds as of last night:

PIT: 44.1%

OTT: 21.4%

DET: 17.7%

NYI: 15.5%

BOS: 1.4%

Pittsburgh has two games left and will leapfrog the Sens into the first wild card spot if they win their game in hand tonight.

Guest Stogey24

Pittsburgh has two games left and will leapfrog the Sens into the first wild card spot if they win their game in hand tonight.

You pointed it out before. Pittsburgh isn't going to keep losing like they have been. Depth is an issue with them, but if they have a healthy Letang and Malking. Followed up by a hot Crosby and a decent mcfleury.... could be a very tough series.

sorry I was only looking at Boston or Ottawa, as of today we would play Ottawa, I wasn't thinking about the Pens, my bad.

You pointed it out before. Pittsburgh isn't going to keep losing like they have been. Depth is an issue with them, but if they have a healthy Letang and Malking. Followed up by a hot Crosby and a decent mcfleury.... could be a very tough series.

As long as Fleury is in net, I can't see the Habs ever losing a series against Pittsburgh.

I'm worried about Ottawa. First, they have a history of being a problem for us. There's one red flag. Second, if they make the dance, it will be on a massive wave of momentum and fan hysteria; those teams seldom go all the way, but they can definitely be a handful as a first-round foe. Third, the Hamburglar will also be riding that wave of excitement and potentially playing out of his mind. Personally, I want no part of that trifecta of x-factors. Give me Pittsburgh or Boston.

I'm worried about Ottawa. First, they have a history of being a problem for us. There's one red flag. Second, if they make the dance, it will be on a massive wave of momentum and fan hysteria; those teams seldom go all the way, but they can definitely be a handful as a first-round foe. Third, the Hamburglar will also be riding that wave of excitement and potentially playing out of his mind. Personally, I want no part of that trifecta of x-factors. Give me Pittsburgh or Boston.

+1

Nah, I want payback for two years ago. Bring me the sens and theire ugly roman gladiator intro. We will show them this teams progress since then. Pittsburgh only need one of Malkin or Crosby to go on a hotstreak and its all over, sens dont have those two to help them. Bruins? Nah dont want the team to be gassed after another seven games against them.

You're freaking me out!

Ha! Yes the 010 Flyers hit the play offs on that wave that you point out the sens are on. Making the play offs in a shoot out of game 82. Went all the way to game 6 of finals. 012 Kings as well.

Habs Bruins........old time hockey.....Eddie Shore......... lets go!!

I was actually looking forward to a series with Detroit.....I don't think I have ever seen a series between the two.

Been a long time. Back to the days of Larry Robinson and co. Sweep for the Habs I believe.

Well, Islanders beat the Pens, all but guaranteeing us a matchup with Ottawa.

If Ottawa wins and we get one point, we get them.

Terrifying matchup.. one of the hottest teams in the league with a goalie playing out of his mind.. going to be tough

Habs in 6

If thinks shake out like they should (Some easy picks with Ptt vs. Buff, Ott vs. Phil) looks like the east matchups will be:

1 NYR v 8 Pitt

2 MTL v 7 Ott

TBL v Det

Was V NYI

Great matchups!

Unless Detroit loses in regulation with the Sens winning. Then Ottawa gets the 3 seed and DET gets a wild card spot.

Terrifying matchup.. one of the hottest teams in the league with a goalie playing out of his mind.. going to be tough

Habs in 6

If thinks shake out like they should (Some easy picks with Ptt vs. Buff, Ott vs. Phil) looks like the east matchups will be:

1 NYR v 8 Pitt

2 MTL v 7 Ott

TBL v Det

Was V NYI

Great matchups!

Urgh...like I said, I HATE this matchup. :angry2:

Another scenario. Sens lose noon game in Philly. Bruins beat tbay (as they always do) Sens out, Bruins in Pitt in.

That would be crazy but I don't think that Sens will lose against Flyers.

Matchup against Detroit? Yes. Against Sens? Oh hell no!

Another scenario. Sens lose noon game in Philly. Bruins beat tbay (as they always do) Sens out, Bruins in Pitt in.

probably the most likely scenario of them all... philly winning a matinee at home and crashing the party is very plausible. boston's effort level will not be matched by TB if the early scoreboard in philly is positive.

i also wouldn't at all be surprised if bettman's boys in stripes play an active roll in seeing more American content in the playoffs especially if it to help pitts and his and jacobs beloved bruins!