2022 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Who do they take with #33 tomorrow,  Chesley, Firkus, Del Bel Belluz, Huston? I kind of like Noah Warren. 

Tristan Luneau is another RD in that range.  We didn't discuss Warren too much when we did our mock draft but I get the sense he has been a bit of a late riser.

11 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Firkus at 33 would be wild!

Smaller guy but can put the puck in the net!

Chesley or Luneau for me

I've been thinking about Firkus, and I've almost changed my mind on him.  He could be 1 of the biggest steals in this draft so it might actually be worth taking the risk on him.  Plus, the Habs have gotten bigger taking Slaf and getting Dach so having another small guy with crazy skill might be a good idea and work out.

Also, they still need a F that is big mean and tough.  They don't have to pick somebody in the 1st 3 rnds, but they should pick somebody with Penzzetta's size.   Think, how many people here like Pezzetta?  Most seem to say he's an AHLer and has no business playing in the NHL.  According to those people it should be simple to draft somebody that has his size but with more skill.  Either that or it will be the same problem.  Slaf cant fight, he's too good, Anderson is too important, and Dach is too valuable.  They do need somebody to fill that role. 

41 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I don’t know prospects but Firkus looks like an animal. 

I do like firkus. Since we already have big body Slaf it might not hurt to go with the little guy 

Not Luneau, how bout a Firkus/Chesley/Del Bel Belluz/Beck/Havelid/Warren or Hutson instead.

Pick #62, will there still be a player worth it, or might it be a good trade option to defer till 2023?

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Not Luneau, how bout a Firkus/Chesley/Del Bel Belluz/Beck/Havelid/Warren or Hutson instead.

Ok. But why just about anyone else than Luneau ?

Just now, JoeLassister said:

Ok. But why just about anyone else than Luneau ?

Years of scientific research and intensive scouting on my part, of course Joe.:nuts:

(simply my gut preferences, i think Luneau may be NHLer but the others seems to have more potential "on paper" thats all.)

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

Took Daly long enough to announce the DeAngelo trade.  TSN announced it almost a half hour ago.

It takes time to go through Central Registry.  The Dach trade had been agreed to before the draft but it took that long to be announced.

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

David Goyette was one we discussed as a Montreal second-rounder, he goes to Seattle at 61.

With pick 62, the Habs take Lane Hutson.

TSN690 guys saying that Hutson's "bone age" is lower than his chronological age ... meaning he potentially has more growth potential than most his age ... sounds like a good guy for NCAA development

EDIT: Apparently going to Boston College

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Vincenz Rohrer to the Habs at 75.  I believe we had him there in our mock.

Woah.   Good mock draft job right there !!!