Game #29, Pittsburgh @ Montreal, December 13 2023, 7 PM EST

TurdBurglar

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Savard is looking pretty good on his return, and mostly playing against the Crosby line.

image.png

Also Matheson is still.good, hes just spent the last few weeks with Gustav Lindstrom,  bottom 10 D in the entire NHL.

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Savard is looking pretty good on his return, and mostly playing against the Crosby line.

image.png

Savard has been noticed tonight for sure and our D looked better in the third. 

Not goi g to try spelling his name but the Pens goalie has made some great saves. 

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Is this Struble kid aa good as he looks?

No question he has looked good, impressed with his poise and discipline. Also a very good skater and certainly very strong. He has been the under the radar defense prospect. 

Struble is a keeper for sure.  Hughes will have a hard decision to make when Harris comes back because Struble doesn't deserve to be sent down.  Unfortunately for Harris his injury has shown that he is potentially expendable.  

Well that was a super odd ending for me.  I watched the 1st period but I paused it and resumed the game after it ended.  Before I restarted it I was on Facebook and saw a post about the game and I scrolled passed it really quick but I noticed the final score and I swear it said the Habs won.  It sucked watching the SO because every time the Habs missed and the Pens shot I knew they wouldn't score.  However, then rnd 12 happens and the Pens score.  I was incredibly surprised by that goal.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Struble is a keeper for sure.  Hughes will have a hard decision to make when Harris comes back because Struble doesn't deserve to be sent down.  Unfortunately for Harris his injury has shown that he is potentially expendable.  

Well that was a super odd ending for me.  I watched the 1st period but I paused it and resumed the game after it ended.  Before I restarted it I was on Facebook and saw a post about the game and I scrolled passed it really quick but I noticed the final score and I swear it said the Habs won.  It sucked watching the SO because every time the Habs missed and the Pens shot I knew they wouldn't score.  However, then rnd 12 happens and the Pens score.  I was incredibly surprised by that goal.  

Agree that Struble is a keeper and that’s why I said he was far ahead of Xhekaj, because he is. 

Harris however is a different player. Harris is among the absolute best in the NHL at stick work. He reads the play and gets his stick in the right spot or engages his opponent’s stick perfectly.  Harris is simply outstanding at this. 

I want them both

I think Struble and Harris show the value of giving defencemen, in particular, time to "bake" in the NCAA.

• Upvote 2

One thing we are absolutely crushing in this rebuild is on D. We seem to be simply awash with quality prospects and young players. It’s incredible. 

Now if we could just get something analogous going at FW - we’d be future contenders for sure.

26 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

One thing we are absolutely crushing in this rebuild is on D. We seem to be simply awash with quality prospects and young players. It’s incredible. 

Now if we could just get something analogous going at FW - we’d be future contenders for sure.

kudos to the scouting team for the impressive D prospect pool.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes, we need help up front. I am a big fan of drafting BPA but I really hope the BPA is a forward this year. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, we need help up front. I am a big fan of drafting BPA but I really hope the BPA is a forward this year. 

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2023/12/14/2024-nhl-draft-rankings-lwos-december-rankings-part-3/

Ben has 4 centres, 2 wingers in his top ten, I am guessing Habs will end up in bottom ten of NHL come April.

McKEENS is similar;

image.png

https://www.habsworld.net/2023/12/10-thoughts-habs-lose-in-marathon-shootout/

..." Jayden Struble gained the zone, sent it to Jesse Ylonen, and drove the net.  The puck worked its way back to him and he potted it to double the lead.  I’ve said for years now that he’d be a better pro than a college player.  But I didn’t expect him to be this effective this quickly.  Jordan Harris is two weeks away from returning but right now, it’d be hard to pull Struble to open a spot for him."

When Harris is healthy, i would think Laval would be perfect spot to at least get some game action in before joining the Habs again.