Game 37 Habs at Dallas Jan 2, 8:00pm

7th place vs 25th place

I think we can all agree who 'should' win this one.

But, hope for some brights spots from the younger Habs. Struble go end to end for highlight goal, Slafkovski get 2 or 3 points...

image.pngimage.png

Pezzetta 2 shot 5 hits.

Guhle/Harris/Kov... all 1 point, maybe should call up Xhekaj & dress 8-d

5 minutes ago, DON said:

And Harris puts his 1st in.:gohabsgo:

That's 2g+2a by the D corps so far tonight. Who said we need Matheson for D scoring? 🤔

Caufield 0 shots.

Another strong period for Slafkovski

Struble quietly playing steady, 11:56.

Guhle 14:32 leading Habs in icetime.

Wedgewood picked a good time to have a clunker - the last two goals were certainly stoppable.  Eight straight starts for him with Oettinger out and it might be catching up to him.

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Guhle 14:32 leading Habs in icetime.

This is particularly noteworthy since his three lowest full-game TOIs came in the last three games.  I'd wondered if he had been playing through something so they were trying to ease up on him a bit.

9 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anderson is toast for a while isn’t he?

That didn’t look good, looked like his right knee bent the wrong way when trying to back check stats player. 
hopefuly it is just a strained muscle or small tear but looked like it could be a major knee injury as well so fingers crossed.

Nice write up on the game, I can be overly negative on main page content , but that ten thoughts was good read and substantial info/insight.

16 hours ago, DON said:

And Harris puts his 1st in.:gohabsgo:

that was a very goo goal from Harris. Showed how talented he is

16 hours ago, tomh009 said:

That's 2g+2a by the D corps so far tonight. Who said we need Matheson for D scoring? 🤔

LOL

10 minutes ago, DON said:

I thought would be a Dallas blowout, so was fun to see Habs score a few.

https://www.habsworld.net/2024/01/10-thoughts-habs-start-2024-with-a-win/

yup, great 10 thoughts.

Slaf continues to play really well with Suzuki. He has the talent to make plays, he is smart and has good vision, he uses his body well and he can handle the puck in tight spaces. He has a good shot

the team did bend but not break in the last few minutes, were physically over matched in their zone but managed to do enough to preserve the win. I do not believe they have anyone in the system to shut down a big team like DAL. Xhekaj has not shown that shutdown ability yet.

Habs are playing .500 but not winning as many games as I thought in OT/SO, I thought they would perform extremely well on over-times and shootouts but they are close to .500 in those too. Overall, I am happy to seee how they are progressing and specially happy in how they keep games close most of the time.

Go Habs Go!

I didnt see much of this game at all but I caught Harris' goal.  I tend to think that he's more offensive than we realize.  After all, he did get 2 goals in 1 game in his rookie season and in the last 30 years the last 3 rookie Habs dmen to do that were:  Subban, Markov, and Schneider.   I dont believe it's a fluke that Harris did that and it could be a omen of his scoring potential.

14 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anderson is toast for a while isn’t he?

I saw Andy's injury and it certainly looked serious and I'd definitely be surprised if he plays anytime soon.  The Habs potential long shot at playoffs took a bad turn with that injury.  Andy had been coming on fairly strong compared to his start of the season and even in games that he wasn't putting up points.  Can another player possibly start producing again?  ex: Moneyhands?  

Is Dvorak out as well?  If Andy and Dvo are now out is there any chance that the Habs can do an emergency recall of Beck?  I'm dying to see him come up but I'm uncertain if this creates an opportunity to do so.