GAME #63 - Montreal @ Carolina - 7 p.m. - Thursday March 7th

Again, getting an early start ... will update as info available 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Winter really flew by this year. 

Seems like it was just yesterday that we were in November and behold it’s March already. 

Go Habs Go 

LMAO

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Winter really flew by this year. 

Seems like it was just yesterday that we were in November and behold it’s March already. 

Go Habs Go 

Probably because there was no winter.  I shovelled my driveway only twice over the whole "winter". 

24 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Probably because there was no winter.  I shovelled my driveway only twice over the whole "winter". 

My snow blower needs to be repaired and in December I decided to wait another year and take a chance to go without. I should buy lottery tickets...

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

My snow blower needs to be repaired and in December I decided to wait another year and take a chance to go without. I should buy lottery tickets...

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

My winter was a mix of 20cm snow per day and -30 celsius. All since october.

56 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

This was the strangest winter in my half century

IMG_0314.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

My winter was a mix of 20cm snow per day and -30 celsius. All since october.

In Northern BC that used to be similar, no longer it seems. 

Another match-up that Habs 'should' lose, so another come back win would be fun.

image.png

3 hours ago, DON said:

In Northern BC that used to be similar, no longer it seems. 

Another match-up that Habs 'should' lose, so another come back win would be fun.

image.png

Also grew up in northern BC. It has changed a great deal. Sorry about the weather talk. I'm old.

To heck with tank. Let's learn how to win. Go habs go!

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

If the Habs aren't sitting anybody out then that's a pretty good sign that no trades are likely to happen.

That's not always the case; not every team goes to the point of scratching players for trade-related reasons.  It just means nothing is imminent or done.  (That said, I'm not expecting much from Montreal tomorrow.)  Also, if anyone is wondering, Allen is the healthy scratch in the goalie rotation tonight.

Carolina, meanwhile, is scratching Michael Bunting who appears to be going to Pittsburgh in a Jake Guentzel trade.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's not always the case; not every team goes to the point of scratching players for trade-related reasons.  It just means nothing is imminent or done.  (That said, I'm not expecting much from Montreal tomorrow.)  Also, if anyone is wondering, Allen is the healthy scratch in the goalie rotation tonight.

Carolina, meanwhile, is scratching Michael Bunting who appears to be going to Pittsburgh in a Jake Guentzel trade.

Agree, not a guarantee of no trades but less likely. 

To make it "official"

Score was closer than than the game felt, Habs were never really a threat in this one.

Tough night for Slaf, whole first line looked out of sorts and not in sync.

Slaf looked lazy tonight.

Was not really any Hab going well besides Roy.

Were players focused on trade deadline, not prepared? Did coaches not make necessary adjustments?  Habs looked out matched overall, was hard to watch.

22 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Slaf looked lazy tonight.

He has been taking a lot of "treatment days" recently ... maybe he needs to sit a few games?

22 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Were players focused on trade deadline, not prepared? Did coaches not make necessary adjustments?  Habs looked out matched overall, was hard to watch.

Realistically, the Habs are a bottom-10 team and the Hurricanes are a top-10 team ... Montreal can't "play up" to the level of better teams every game ... didn't help that Andersen was sharp for his first game since November 2nd, without even a tune-up in the AHL that I could see.

41 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Score was closer than than the game felt, Habs were never really a threat in this one.

I thought the game was quite even for two periods before Carolina woke up in the third and really put the hammer down.

Agree on the first line though, they've been out of sorts for a few games now.  It was bound to happen after the hot stretch they had.

45 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I thought the game was quite even for two periods before Carolina woke up in the third and really put the hammer down.

Agree on the first line though, they've been out of sorts for a few games now.  It was bound to happen after the hot stretch they had.

Agree on both points.

The second line has been very good on this road trip, though. Roy-Dach-Newhook might have some potential yet.

2 post for Suzuki and 1 for Caufield though.  Could have been much different for the first line.

41 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

2 post for Suzuki and 1 for Caufield though.  Could have been much different for the first line.

COULD is as dangerous a word as POTENTIAL ... neither mean anything unless realized ... players take the fluke/lucky/blown goals so they have to live with the "posts".

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Also were on for 3 goals against though.

45 minutes ago, DON said:

Also were on for 3 goals against though.

2 realistically. 

I dont care about the empty netter (Another reason why plus/minus sucks, the empty netters)