Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 22/01/08

Cataclaw

I'm thinking maybe we should start Halak against the Devils, just to change things a bit for facing a team we have no success against, and also give Huet an extra long break for the stretch run.

Not a bad idea but there is no way Huet can be tired after tonight.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be convinced, and damn they are really starting to make me believe. They are doing all the things I hoped in the pre-season. They are doing the little things to win games. Getting dirty, working hard, blocking shots, contributions from 4 lines, the youth is emerging. They are tough, just look at the Kosty brothers, they don't give a shit. They don't hesitate to drop the gloves, either of them. Lil pitbulls.

If they beat the Devils on Thursday I think I will join the Cucumber and Chris and succumb to the siren song of the Montreal Canadiens.

The most impressive thing for me is how we're scoring 5 on 5. That was our downfall last season, we were pitiful without the man advantage and seemed to even play better while killing penalties. This year we create lots of offense.

I'm thinking maybe we should start Halak against the Devils, just to change things a bit for facing a team we have no success against, and also give Huet an extra long break for the stretch run.

Put the Demon against the Devils... that's crazy enough to work!

The most impressive thing for me is how we're scoring 5 on 5. That was our downfall last season, we were pitiful without the man advantage and seemed to even play better while killing penalties. This year we create lots of offense.

They definitely are more balanced, that is for sure.

When people reviewed the Habs before the season they failed to use any imagination.

They did not recognize that half the team was less than 25 years old and improvement was likely to come from within.

Plekanec and Kostitsyn are all over the place and how were the experts supposed to know this :rolleyes:

This team is better than last year which is why I am finally starting to believe.

OMG! I can't believe I got to see this game live. I've never seen a game like this in my life - mostly the Habs lose or win by a single goal... but this one was amazing. Bruins just can't buy a win against the Habs it seems.

Sergei Kostitsyn was awesome dropping the gloves - kudos to him.

Awesome spanking of the B's tonite. What grit shown by lil Kostits scrapping. I thought he did OK. Loved seeing Kostopolo padding his back going to the penalty box. The bros teamed up for a nice PP goal. Oodles of young talent for the Habs. I was wanting Gorges to get a consistent chance way back when he was getting scratched, and now he doesn't do anything fancy, but he's been solid. A good, young, mobile d-man. And even though Ryder scored tonite, it sure looks ugly whenever he tries to handle the puck. I counted 3 time one shift when he couldn't clear the zone, and numerous times he looked awkward with the puck. If he stays, i will continue to cheer for him to score, but i don't really see him in the Habs long-term plans. Huet was solid tonite. Hoping for a big win against the Devils later in the week.

They definitely are more balanced, that is for sure.

When people reviewed the Habs before the season they failed to use any imagination.

They did not recognize that half the team was less than 25 years old and improvement was likely to come from within.

Plekanec and Kostitsyn are all over the place and how were the experts supposed to know this :rolleyes:

This team is better than last year which is why I am finally starting to believe.

Hey we're fans of the team ....how is any expert supposed to pick up on a darkhorse. I mean look at Vegas odds favs against underdogs are always 50/50 in actual results. We didn't really know it at the beginning. Look at you, you know this team inside out and only now they are turning your pessimistic ass into a believer. Get your pessimistic ass over to the "1st place or bust thread" and throw down some positive vibes or I'll consider you a band wagon fan.

Just messin around.......I'll expect you over theere once it actually happens. No negativity!!!!!!

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Habs always beat the Bruins

Devils always beat the Habs

What a huge psychological boost to the team it would be to walk out of New Jersey with 2 extra points in the bank.

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Knowing full well how NJ has it in for us, i won't be anything more than a slightly disappointed with a loss, but a win would be huge.

Hey we're fans of the team ....how is any expert supposed to pick up on a darkhorse. I mean look at Vegas odds favs against underdogs are always 50/50 in actual results. We didn't really know it at the beginning. Look at you, you know this team inside out and only now they are turning your pessimistic ass into a believer. Get your pessimistic ass over to the "1st place or bust thread" and throw down some positive vibes or I'll consider you a band wagon fan.

Just messin around.......I'll expect you over theere once it actually happens. No negativity!!!!!!

Yeah, I understand we know that. But shouldn't a guy who is paid big bucks to follow the hockey beat take 5 minutes to read up on each team?

Couldn't they take a couple of days when they are making predictions to poke around and see who constitutes each roster?

I mean we can all look at the Kings lineup and assume that they will get better as they get older, same with the Blackhawks.

The habs went into this season with 4-5 first rounders in their lineup, they won the Calder Cup last season and Kovalev had the worst year of his career

and the lazy ass journalists come up with Souray is gone, the PP is going to stink and they will not make the playoffs. Are you ######ing kidding me?

How lazy is that? I saw 2-3 journalists that said look out for the youth, I like the makeup, but they may be another year away. THe rest, they always battle for

8th, so they will battle for 8th again.

How many idiots assumed the Leafs had vastly improved by adding another backup goalie and a 34 year old career 25 goal guy coming off a career season?

I am pessimisstic because I have watched this team way to closely and been let down way to much. But I also predicted before the season that if everything went well they could finish

over 100 points and if things did not they would be in the low 90s. A lot better than the simplistic analysis of the professionals at TSN.

I mean, I am really supposed to listen to Mike Milbury? The guy who traded Luongo, Heatley, Bertuzzi, McCabe and Jokinnen and received Dipietro and Trevor Linden?

Ridiculous.

Edited by Wamsley01

Devils always beat the Habs

What a huge psychological boost to the team it would be to walk out of New Jersey with 2 extra points in the bank.

GO HABS GO

Knowing full well how NJ has it in for us, i won't be anything more than a slightly disappointed with a loss, but a win would be huge.

I will be a happy camper if the Habs can walk out of New Jersey with ONE point. An Overtime or Shootout Loss, and i'd be really happy.

If they were to win in regulation...then I think that would be a good reason to get drunky, drunky!(even though i do work friday morning)!

Seriously, it'll take a minor miracle for the Habs to walk out of Jersey with 2 points!

ON a different note, I love the way Kostopoulos came out on the ice for the 1st star and gave a way a couple of sticks to the fans, What A nice gesture by T.K. (especially considering that each of those sticks costs 300$)!

Edited by Habsfan

Well that was a great effort. 2 fights, solid defense most of the night, forechecking.

Generally all the lines contributed. I said yesterday they needed to toughen up, go to the net, get some garbage goals and what do you know they did it.

Anyone know about Begin's injury? Players like him are invaluable to a team with little grit. If he is out long term BG needs to move Ryder for a player like Begin. Cooke is out there.

A few things to nit pick on:

The Koivu line had a few chances and did score a goal but they were dominated in the d zone with numerous turnovers.

They got a little sloppy in the third which leads to bad habits, hopefully this won't carry over.

The team in general looks way better then the last 10 years. Maybe they can exorcise those demons and actually beat the devils.

A few things to nit pick on:

The Koivu line had a few chances and did score a goal but they were dominated in the d zone with numerous turnovers.

They got a little sloppy in the third which leads to bad habits, hopefully this won't carry over.

The team in general looks way better then the last 10 years. Maybe they can exorcise those demons and actually beat the devils.

The Koivu line I thought was buzzing. Koivu was up to his my skates need to be sharpened routine again but he did have some pretty nice feeds in the slot to higgins and ryder numerous times but thomas robbed them. Koivu will probably benefit most from the all star break.

Latendresse also seemed really slow. But hey a win is a win and a win it was.

does anybody know if there is an online video of the kovalev play from last night where he lost the glove, skated around and picked it up and kept the puck? That play blew my mind far more than some of the goals.

EDIT: Nevermind -

Edited by simonus

Dandy was the hero in the last game against the Bruins, i don't know why we need to dump on him, I think he has been decent this year. If he was happy to be benched it would be time to dump him, imo.

Tim Thomas is going to the Allstar game, replacing Brodeur. :)

How many players besides him had to wait their turn and sit cold while Dandy played? Kostopoulos, Ryder, Murray, Grabovski, Chipchura and Brisebois all had to. It's true he has more "seniority" or should and not have to face getting scratched. But having seniority doesn't give one a free pass. When a player starts to believe they get a free pass or are entitled - that might be a problem. He didn't play all too well in the last 3 games which is why Carbo scratched him. So, it comes his turn to eat hotdogs and he COMPLAINS? I'm not so much dumping on him as much as I'm annoyed with his behaviour. He made his bed when he said this to the media. As a matter of fact, players with less veteranship and less experience were able to "suck it up" better than Dandenault has. Why should he be any more special?

Koivu will probably benefit most from the all star break.

I agree. Koivu needs some rest. He looks tired out there. hopefully 4 days of rest will do him some good!

Edited by Habsfan

How many players besides him had to wait their turn and sit cold while Dandy played? Kostopoulos, Ryder, Murray, Grabovski, Chipchura and Brisebois all had to. It's true he has more "seniority" or should and not have to face getting scratched. But having seniority doesn't give one a free pass. When a player starts to believe they get a free pass or are entitled - that might be a problem. He didn't play all too well in the last 3 games which is why Carbo scratched him. So, it comes his turn to eat hotdogs and he COMPLAINS? I'm not so much dumping on him as much as I'm annoyed with his behaviour. He made his bed when he said this to the media. As a matter of fact, players with less veteranship and less experience were able to "suck it up" better than Dandenault has. Why should he be any more special?

Add Begin to your list. He was healthy and ready to come back but couldn't because Carbo didn't want to mess with the lines. Not a peep. When we look at Dandy and why he was brought here , it was his veteran leadership and Stanley cup rings he won in Detroit. If this is an example of Dandy not understanding what he brings to the team is a real bummer. Complete failure to do your job. I don't give a crap if he ever plays a game in a habs uniform again.

How many players besides him had to wait their turn and sit cold while Dandy played? Kostopoulos, Ryder, Murray, Grabovski, Chipchura and Brisebois all had to.

Seeing as Chipchura, Murray, Grabovsky are no longer withy the team (Actually, they weren'T good enough to stay with the team) I can understand Dandy's frustration. I don'T know why Carbo expects him to score 20 goals a year, he's never done that...why would it change now that he's 31 years old? Let's not forget that Dandy was benched 10 days ago, to be benched again so soon, was what probably pissed him off.

I don't give a crap if he ever plays a game in a habs uniform again.

WOW! I think a few of you need to chill a little. The guy wants to play, and you guys bitch at him like little girls?

All season long, every one keeps saying how impressed they are and were with the way Dandy played. They loved how aggressive he was while forechecking, how he used his size to good effect, how he always gave 100% of himself everygame. Now that he comes out and says that he wants to play more, you guys don't want him back on the team?