Miracle in Montreal | Habs vs. Rangers | 19/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Froms cbssportsline.com....

"We got caught on our heels and allowed them back into the hockey game," Rangers coach Tom Renney said. "I give the Montreal fans a ton of credit. That's what you're supposed to do, you're behind your team and they did a great job of that and this hockey team, which is very dangerous, certainly fed off of that and took what we gave them."

What an awesome game !!

Froms cbssportsline.com....

"We got caught on our heels and allowed them back into the hockey game," Rangers coach Tom Renney said. "I give the Montreal fans a ton of credit. That's what you're supposed to do, you're behind your team and they did a great job of that and this hockey team, which is very dangerous, certainly fed off of that and took what we gave them."

What an awesome game !!

Shanny made a remark about the fans as well.

How do we baptize this one?

The Miracle in Montreal?

Yeah, the miracle in Montreal sounds about right to me. I know I'll never forget this game! :clap:

Holy ######! I wish I could have seen this one. You've got to believe in a team that can come back from a 5-0 deficit, with shoddy refereeing.

GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!

Holy crap, what a game it must have been. I watched until it was 3-0 and had to head out for dinner. Saw some updates, next at 5-2. Then quickkly 5-4, and was at my parents so i listened to it on the internet as they don't had RDS. Only about the 5th game i've missed all season. Then the miracle Kovalev tying goal. What excitement. I woulda really been cursing had i known it was 5-0 at one point. I was annoyed when i had to leave and it was 3-0. Ryder with a pair and an assist. Could he really heat up. If he doesn't get dealt. And Kovy with 2 more. Wow. Maybe i can find a replay on Express, but not sure.

What a win!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Habs Go.

They say great things come in pair...

On top of making their biggest comeback in history, the Habs also inflicted the biggest blown lead in the Rags' history!

Sweet and Sweeter!

Edited by KoZed

I just set my alarm for 930 tomorrow morning. Canadiens Express!

I know what i'll watch over breakfast tomorrow! I think i'll plug in my computer and rip it to video so i can watch this over and over during the summer when i need a shot of hockey :lol:

Every morning after a Habs game, right before I walk out the door to go to work, I log on TSN to see what happened. If we win, I load the highlights; if we lose, I get up and leave, and watch the highlights at work with no sound.

Well, I came in to work 25 min. late today. I couldn't get enough. Watched the highlights on TSN, RDS, and ESPN. Oh...and I just read through 20 pages of Game Thread....

Character....

This team has it. Scariest thing of all is that Gainey knows it too. If he backs up his words, which I think he will this team might cause some serious waves in the playoffs.

Think of this..Gainey comes out and says that he's looking to make major additions, and Ryder gets his a$$ in gear. He scores 2, adds an assist. Win win situation.

I know what i'll watch over breakfast tomorrow! I think i'll plug in my computer and rip it to video so i can watch this over and over during the summer when i need a shot of hockey :lol:

Hey Cat, sorry about ur grandaddy man.

You think u can post the game online somewhere so me and my bros can watch it here in Greece?

Thanks!!

I guess this is what Hollwieg meant when he said "what goes around comes around" :lol:

Way to go Habs!! :clap:

Bienvenue Ryder!! :hockey:

After Rangers scored their 5th goal I simply got sick of watching this game on the US feed. I thought there were quite a few penalties that probably should have been called but the pro NYR commentators wouldnt say anything aboot it. I turned it to RDS and thats when they started to play better. When Ryder scored I said watch Ryder will get a hat trick. After Ryder scored again my buddy couldnt turn the game off because we wanted to see if Ryder could get a hat trick. Good thing too, would have been a bad game to turn off. Quite easily this is the best game of the year.

To bad Ryder didnt get the hat trick but meh they won. It almost looks like Ryder has discovered that he should just shoot. Hopefully the lesson and his success sticks.

I was listening to it here in greece and when it reached 5-0 im like wow okk im off to sleep at 3 in the morning. I wake up and helmethead msgs me and hes like watch tsn re malaka. I almost cried. i missed the most epic comeback in franchise history. What a game.

See all of you guys in June the first round is on me.

If you like to read about the same thing from different perspectives...

http://www.topix.com/nhl/montreal-canadiens/2008/02/koivus-shootout-goal-caps-huge-comeback-as-canadiens-beat-rangers-6-5

Enjoy...

GO :hlogo: GO!

What a game.

It was just after breakfast here (Tokyo) my girlfriend had set off to work and I settled down at my computers to get some stuff done. Of course, I checked Habs World, and to my surprise, because I didn't know it, there was a game on. I had a peak in the game day thread, saw the score was 5-0 against us, and I got that feeling -- "merde, just when I was starting to believe we could be contenders this season, here comes that old inconsistency."

Still, I fired up my streaming video and hoped for the best, and in no time Ryder had scored. Half-jokingly, I posted "the next goal is huge" in the game thread. Kozed chimed in with a "Habs Go." I was working on one screen, while the stream jumping then freezing on the other, but I couldn't help notice when it went to 5-2. I remember thinking, wow this would be incredible if they could come back and make a game of it. Then suddenly the two quick goals, and there was no more work, only watching the game, and with CKAC radio going to follow during the frequent interruptions in the video stream.

It was at 5-4 that I really knew we would win, I could feel the energy in the Bell Centre. Yes, how sweet it was -- a game I'll never forget -- felt like this was the day the team had truly come together. Put the work on hold, went out for a few afternoon beers!

I'm sure everyone has their stories about the Miracle in Montréal, -- let's share them!

Sorry about your loss Cataclaw.

Tough game to watch for the first half and what a joy to watch the second half. The intensity of EVERYONE especially after the Habs's 4th goal was just amazing.

Koivu with the shootout winner and all the fans singing ole, ole, ole after the game. I still have a large shit eating grin on my face.

The refs were really getting on my nerves!

This makes three games in a row where the opponent tried to physically bully us and we stepped up and answered the call :clap: Maybe we are tougher than I think.

Those are the types of games that keep you hanging in even if you think there is no hope.

When the Ranger's went up 5-0 I thought Jesus, that is 10 straight goals against. We are due and we owe them.

But I felt 5 was just to large a hole. Then Ryder potted 2 and I held on to hope.

When the 3rd and 4th went in so quick, that is when I began to believe. When Kovy scored...what a rush!!!

This is why we watch the habs. All the pain from the groin kicks the last 10 years are beginning to subside.

This team did not quit and has not quit this year. Great comeback, one that won't be forgotten by me :clap:

Refs were brutal, Stevie B and Komi really stepped up and Saku and Hu-ET stole the 2nd point in the shootout. Awesome night.

I bought a 10 games pack for the Habs this season.

Prepare to laugh....

1. I sold the 7-4 win over Boston

2. I sold yesterday's pair

3. I sold these 2 pairs to the same guy

Laugh now... :lol::lol::lol:

WE ARE SERIOUS

Props to Komisarek to engage a fight with Dubinsky THAT'S a future Captain !

Props to Kovy

Props to Jagr

Props to Carbo

Props to the whole 4th line

Props to anybody who standed up in the locker room between the 2nd and the 3rd

THAT WAS HELL OF A GAME !!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen anyhting like that. What a comeback.

I have also never seen a team look so bad for 30-35 minutes then wake up and totally dominate.

I'm still not sure sure about the negatives and the positives in this one, obviously great win, great comeback, should be a momentum builder, 10 wins will be a lock for the playoffs.

But on the other hand, what the heck was that first 35 minutes? That was the worst hockey i've seen in a long time.

So let's hope this is the beginning of something special, i'm still not a complete beleiver until they wrap up a spot in the playoffs, 10 years of collapsing has caused that.

I have never seen anyhting like that. What a comeback.

I have also never seen a team look so bad for 30-35 minutes then wake up and totally dominate.

I'm still not sure sure about the negatives and the positives in this one, obviously great win, great comeback, should be a momentum builder, 10 wins will be a lock for the playoffs.

But on the other hand, what the heck was that first 35 minutes? That was the worst hockey i've seen in a long time.

So let's hope this is the beginning of something special, i'm still not a complete beleiver until they wrap up a spot in the playoffs, 10 years of collapsing has caused that.

You are a tough nut to crack that is for sure :lol: Did anybody notice that Jagr looked like he wanted to throw up after he missed his shot.

That used to be us ^_^