Komisarek Out 3 Weeks

brobin

This team needs to prove they can hold their own without him. Gorges playing with Markov will take some pressure off Markov... it definitely means that the pairing won't have the physical dimension it once had, but Gorges is low maintenance and Markov won't be covering for him like he would O'Byrne.

I expect Hamrlik to get more assignments against bigger opponents, and looking down the stretch, that'll primarily be Sundin. Markov-Gorges might work vs. the big Ottawa line and Buffalo and Boston. Just have to be more creative, I guess.

And the last thing I'd want to do in this situation is throw another rookie into the mix. Valentenko or Carle aren't ready for this type of game. We sink or swim with the 8 D we got.

Agreed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hurts but we're in the playoffs... and with any luck this will give Komisarek a chance to feel fresh for the playoffs.

And Gorges sure stepped up tonight against Boston. He looked slick in overtime.

If he played like that every game I would be a big fan. Good game Gorges.

If he played like that every game I would be a big fan. Good game Gorges.

Sure he doesnt have scoring opportunities all the time but he is one of the Habs most consistant player out there. You never notice him and that is a good thing. I cant even remeber the last turnover he made because he makes those few and far between.

I think that Komi was playing hurt for at least two weeks before that game. Those two hits against boston just made it worse.

Komi was not near as physical as he usually was and he wasn't blocking shots like he was either.

It looks to me like a back injury. Get well soon!

Gorges stepped up big time last night. I have loved him since he has gotten here and I think that he was a steal in the Rivet trade.

Agreed. The forwards can always help in that department as well.

The Habs should be able to cope with the situation. I mean, it was obvious that Komi was not playing at the same level for the last few games. I saw him clear the zone too early many times when under pressure, lately, and I wondered why he was doing that. It reminded me of his play when he was a fresh rookie. Now I know what's going on. He was probably hurting for some time and tried to protect himself. Three weeks out of the ice will do wonder for him. Komi will be fresh and strong when the team will need him the most.

Meanwhile, who knows? maybe we will see someone step up to the plate during his absence. I would not be surprised if Gorges was the guy. IMO, he plays too conservative for his talent. The guy is an excellent skater and I would like to see him carry the puck more often.

JCPetit

BTW, it definitely is a back injury. He looked a lot like me :rolleyes: when my back hurts. You feel so weak, it looks as though you don't have legs anymore. The best thing he can do is rest and get some treatments. In three weeks he will be just fine.

JCPetit

Gorges brought his A-game tonight.

It's nice to see he's finally flourishing after being the whipping boy when he first began with the Habs.

A little faith and patience goes a long way and Josh is finally earning his praises. :clap:

I just hope he is there for the first round. Gorges looked good with Markov, and Begin was an absolute beast against Boston. What we lost in toughness on the back end, we got back up front. We sure need him back as soon as possible.

I'm not worried about the loss. C'est la vie. He was probably going to take time off as soon as the standings really merited it. Probably take the last 3 to 4 games off. Unfortunately the "LB" injury was obviously aggravated.

Better now than later. Number 2, the sum of our defence is going to make the cut. The blocked shots are gone but we still have the Future goalie :)

Let's all hope rehab does the job and speeds the healing process up.. I hope it's not MCL or ACL related.

What i wonder about this is who is gonna get recalled from Hamilton ?

I agree with most of you that defense is not needed but with Streit on defense,

we need one more body/option.

It's about time for Chipchura being called up, he has nothing more to learn there and

being part of the playoff series in the NHL.

Could we go so far and say that Gorges is playing as well as Rivet would have been, had he still been here?

Because if Gorges keeps up this improvement, that trade will be looking good (and making up for the losses of Beauchemin and Hainsey).

Boy, I can't wait to see Fischer and McDonagh playing with the Habs. And Valentenko or Emelin. And O'Byrne and Carle. And Subban and Weber.

And Komisarek and Markov, of course.

Hell, come 2010, I say we just cull the fourth line, and play five sets of D. In front of Price, we'd be unstoppable

Meanwhile, who knows? maybe we will see someone step up to the plate during his absence. I would not be surprised if Gorges was the guy. IMO, he plays too conservative for his talent. The guy is an excellent skater and I would like to see him carry the puck more often.

JCPetit

Better for him to play safe and maybe seem like he could do more than try to do too much and make a big mistake.

What i wonder about this is who is gonna get recalled from Hamilton ?

I agree with most of you that defense is not needed but with Streit on defense,

we need one more body/option.

It's about time for Chipchura being called up, he has nothing more to learn there and

being part of the playoff series in the NHL.

I doubt anyone gets called up from Hamilton unless we go down two more d-men (even then Dandenault is an option, albeit a very unattractive one), or until Hamilton is eliminated from the playoffs.

Chipchura is still learning down there... he's a go-to-guy and leader down there and they need him as much as he needs them to improve.

But should Hamilton get eliminated (either by failing to qualify for the playoffs or out early) before Montreal does, Chipchura will be re-called. I assume that Danis, Valentenko, and Locke would all come up for sure as black aces.

This is bad but not horrible as long as this remains the only injury. Imagine the feeling when Komisarek comes back halfway through the first round - we'll be a rejuvenated team.

This is bad but not horrible as long as this remains the only injury. Imagine the feeling when Komisarek comes back halfway through the first round - we'll be a rejuvenated team.

I think he should come back on the last game so that he can get in game shape before the playoffs. I mean we need Komisarek since the playoffs are a tough type of play.

This is a blessing guys.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'll bet Komi is not as hurt as everyone thinks. The guy has been crashing and banging, blocking shots the entire year. He must be friggin sore as hell. Gainey and Carbo are probably letting the guy heal up for the play-offs. I'll put money down he's back before they actually start.

We have depth to fill his shoes and in the remaining games, guys like Boullion, Gorges, O'byrne will learn how to take on responsibility just in time for the dance. This is a good thing.........

This is a blessing guys.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'll bet Komi is not as hurt as everyone thinks. The guy has been crashing and banging, blocking shots the entire year. He must be friggin sore as hell. Gainey and Carbo are probably letting the guy heal up for the play-offs. I'll put money down he's back before they actually start.

We have depth to fill his shoes and in the remaining games, guys like Boullion, Gorges, O'byrne will learn how to take on responsibility just in time for the dance. This is a good thing.........

Maybe but i'm thinking not since i'm sure Komi would not go along with that. C'mon Saturday was the first game he missed in like 176 or something like that.

Maybe but i'm thinking not since i'm sure Komi would not go along with that. C'mon Saturday was the first game he missed in like 176 or something like that.

What exactly happened? It didn't look very serious to me. I believe he's injured, but he will be back for the start of the play-offs or I'm a monkey's uncle.

I sincerely doubt he comes back before the postseason If it is a lower back problem, is this the kind of thing where he can freeze it with a shot and play through if necessary? If so, then I see him back for game 1, else I hope that we get Boston as the first round opponent.

In today's Journal de Montréal and LaPresse, they say that he injured his hip. Let's just hope he'll be able to play come playoff time!

I just Hope Komi wil be bck for Game 1 of the playoffs. We need his toughness and shot blocking ability!

I just Hope Komi wil be bck for Game 1 of the playoffs. We need his toughness and shot blocking ability!

In talking to the RDS guys yesterday they all believe Mike will be back for game 1.