Habs vs. Coyotes | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a really bad feeling about AK46. That hit was pretty high up, and he banged his head pretty hard on the ice when he fell. Seeing him on the ice was very hard, and he looked punch-drunk. I think he might be gone for at least 1 month...if not more. Let's just hope that the concussion isn't a severe one!

I agree...i think it was the fall to the ice that really did the damage. Within 5 minutes the outside of the left eye socket was already bubbling. He's a tough cookie, but the way he got up and how slow he was skating to the bench really looked like it was an impact head injury. He was seriously out there and probably couldn't tell you the date or city he was in.

I watched the hit several times on youtube and I dont think it was a dirty hit. It was a hard hit but kosty has to watch out as well. Its like a charging hit except the one coming in quick is Andrei, not Sauer. Its never good when someone gets injured but I have to give credit to Sauer for a great hit.

Yeah that was funny

Especially a few seconds after, when they showed Gorges leaving the ice, he looked like a goalie

Your signature made me laugh coffee out of my nose! Outstanding... :clap:

The hit on Kostitsyn was clean. Upper chest, not the head. It was the glass and then the ice that did the damage. Extremely aggressive hit with tons of power behind it. I hope he is okay.

I hope Andrei's okay :(

Besides that, we totally owned those 'Yotes.

That pass from Markov on the Koivu goal was simply a masterpiece. :clap:

I wouldn't assume the worst with 46. I mean, it looked pretty bad, but players usually don't miss much, if any icetime due to head hits like that. Unless he really was concussed (difficult to say for sure), he probably won't miss a game. Just had his bell rung real bad.

Also, if anyone comes across a video of Sergei and Saku, I'd like to see it.

At least he made Fedoruk look amateur.

Damn true. Did you notice how fast he took Fedoruk's helmet off ?? We can call it fighting experience.

On another note, I was FREAKING affraid yesterday after the Sauer hit. First, on RDS, we didn't see the hit clearly as the play was developping in the slot. We only saw Andrei face down, having trouble to live. I thought for a second it was epilepsy :( .

I wouldn'y say the hit was clean, but it wasn't dirty either. It was right in the middle and should be interesting to see what the NHL has to say.

Sauer's hit him with his hands not his shoulder, and his hands were high, I think he even got him with the an elbow.

watch the first slowmo replay at 0:57

he probably won't miss a game. Just had his bell rung real bad.

My guess is the Habs won't take any chances with Andrei. He will most definitely sit out Monday's game. Give him a full week to recuperate and them re-eveluate him next friday before saturday's game! Why take any chances!?

Thanks for the link, the video cut out right before the hit and didn't come back till he was already off the ice. Glad to see he didn't go face first into the boards. It looked like the brunt of the injury happened when he hit the ice. It appeared that his head hit the back of Sauer's skate and that's what did the damage.

I wouldn'y say the hit was clean, but it wasn't dirty either. It was right in the middle and should be interesting to see what the NHL has to say.

Sauer's hit him with his hands not his shoulder, and his hands were high, I think he even got him with the an elbow.

watch the first slowmo replay at 0:57

Love what Laraque had to say of what he thought of Sauer....

"Obviously, he's not going to go with me - he's not a heavyweight," Laraque said of Sauer, who has had 10 career fights to Laraque's 120. "I had to leave a message, but that's why a guy like Kostopoulos, who is more his size, responded." hahahaha Kosto is 20 pounds lighter and 4 inches smaller than Sauer!!!! ... Love Laraque!

oops forgot to refer... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253047&amp...os=topStory_nhl

Edited by CoRvInA

Love what Laraque had to say of what he thought of Sauer....

"Obviously, he's not going to go with me - he's not a heavyweight," Laraque said of Sauer, who has had 10 career fights to Laraque's 120. "I had to leave a message, but that's why a guy like Kostopoulos, who is more his size, responded." hahahaha Kosto is 20 pounds lighter and 4 inches smaller than Sauer!!!! ... Love Laraque!

oops forgot to refer... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253047&amp...os=topStory_nhl

Haha i love Laraque more than you :P

CKAC reports no headaches for Andrei today. Cool. He may be OK after all. Here's to hoping :clap:

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/andre...19-1233073.html

Google translation:

New reassuring for the Canadian, "said Kostitsyn does not feel headache. It must, however, jump to conclusions too quickly because the left winger will meet with doctors to know the exact nature of his injury and whether or not a victim of a concussion. If that were the case, the severity of it would influence the date of his return to the game

Guy Carbonneau has already announced that the eldest of the "Brothers K" would remain in the press box during the game Monday to face the Florida Panthers, regardless of the verdict rendered by the medical team. The coach explained that the long leave of five days this game has influenced his decision, but said it was not impossible that 46 chausse skates this week.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

CKAC reports no headaches for Andrei today. Cool. He may be OK after all. Here's to hoping :clap:

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/andre...19-1233073.html

Great news! I'm sure more will be made of the situation if he can practice without headaches... but this news is encouraging!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Another mediocre game by us that we won pretty much because our offense overwhelmed them. The Toronto game was the only great game we've played so far.

Another mediocre game by us that we won pretty much because our offense overwhelmed them. The Toronto game was the only great game we've played so far.

Winning games you don't dominate is a sign of being a good team.

Winning games you don't dominate is a sign of being a good team.

No one said we're not a good team. But how is that an excuse not to play well? If we play like this, we'll beat teams like Phoenix and Toronto every time - but it won't work in the playoffs or against better teams.

No one said we're not a good team. But how is that an excuse not to play well? If we play like this, we'll beat teams like Phoenix and Toronto every time - but it won't work in the playoffs or against better teams.
Heading into Monday, the Habs have played 5 games. April is a long way off. I personally believe that the big picture in any capacity can't be figured out until the 20 game point. Who knows what is going to happen?

Last night Montreal utterly destroyed Phoenix by and large. Phoenix did have their good chances and Price did bail the players out. Still, a team has to get the puck over the blueline for 60 minutes. Any team must make one timers complete. Maybe the one timers don't result in goals, but a team has to connect.

But, sorry Phoenix. The majority of the play was determined by intercepting the puck with active pokes from the Habs. Sometimes the pokes were simply interceptions that resulted in a Montreal rush. Carbo had three players (2 wing and one D) standing low, medium and high slot defensively (when defending a rush) for most of the evening. Lateral passes to our opponents is closed for business (Coyotes or not!). By and large throughout the night the Phoenix attempt to gain the Montreal zone created a turnover in our favour. We owned the neutral zone.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien