All things HALAK

shortcat1

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the older one better, thats not saying i dont like the new one. Its just that the new one, its kinda hard to see what is going on the mask. It took me awhile to see what it was on his mask last night. His new one is still very nice though, I like the Backplate with the full Slovakian flag. i just liked the old one more.

I never liked that big monster he had on his old mask but I was looking at his mask last night and I haven't been able to figure out what that big blue thing on top of his new mask is. Does anyone know?

I never liked that big monster he had on his old mask but I was looking at his mask last night and I haven't been able to figure out what that big blue thing on top of his new mask is. Does anyone know?

Wasn't it a dark moonlit Montreal skyline...buildings and stuff or are you talking about something else?

Wasn't it a dark moonlit Montreal skyline...buildings and stuff or are you talking about something else?

That skyline was on one side of the mask but on the other side it looked like a monster goalie or something like that.

Haha, we have a thread about each new mask. Did you guys see Kovalev's new European man-purse? Quite stylish.

Don't say that too loud ... O'Byrne's bag-fetish is not yet sated...

I like the new one better. I always found that the red from the old mask clashed with the Habs' red.

The demon was freakin' cool though. I miss that.

• 1 month later...

As "Walmsley" our fellow poster has mentioned about Price-"This kid is special, he's going to be great" I feel the same about Halak. We can't lose this kid. This thread is not about bashing Carey, it's about making sure we realize that Jaro is special too and if we take off our blinders we may see the true goalie of our future. I'm not making any statements, I just really like the kid. I think he is going to be great as well if not possibly better. I thought we solved the problem when we traded Huet away and brought him up from the AHL, but according to this article the problems have only begun and I don't blame him.

What can we do to keep Jaro happy while we find out if Price is for real?

Halak wants more!

Don't be surprised if Halak either winds up traded, in Europe or getting an offer sheet (probably the best scenario for us). We definitely want to keep him but that is the trouble of raising two goalies with starting potential at the same time. Halak will probably want 30 starts. We might be able to give that to him, but I think the organization is looking more at a 60/20 split.

I say trade him and sign kolzig as a back up.

I'm sure we could get a good return and kolzig would work well with price since the already know eachother well.

As "Walmsley" our fellow poster has mentioned about Price-"This kid is special, he's going to be great" I feel the same about Halak. We can't lose this kid. This thread is not about bashing Carey, it's about making sure we realize that Jaro is special too and if we take off our blinders we may see the true goalie of our future. I'm not making any statements, I just really like the kid. I think he is going to be great as well if not possibly better. I thought we solved the problem when we traded Huet away and brought him up from the AHL, but according to this article the problems have only begun and I don't blame him.

What can we do to keep Jaro happy while we find out if Price is for real?

Halak wants more!

I like Halak, and he may turn into a Vokoun level goalie. He may surpass that.

He has proven that he has the ability with his AHL performances, but his positioning and recovery abilitly concern me a little.

That being said, he isvery raw and is still a kid and has a lot to learn. I definitely want to see him in the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge for the forseeable future.