Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I would be so happy to have Lang back. It means the end of Chipchura and/or Metropolit though.

If Tanguay's worth 2 million, Lang will be making less than that, although bonuses could change that.

There's really a contradicting stream of information with Lang.

NHL.com has him listed as trying out with the Habs, however, RDS quotes his agent as saying he expects Lang to sign with a team in the near future - 6 teams are in talks, none are the Habs. Here's how I piece it together:

- The Habs most likely have indeed offered a tryout (though I believe this was closer to a month to 6 weeks ago and not so much recently)

- The invite hasn't been officially rejected nor accepted, thus the assumption is that if Lang isn't close to a deal come training camp, he'll report to Montreal at least for the short-term.

In other words, we won't know for sure for at least another week. The only confirmed tryout is Philippe Lefebvre and that's for the rookie camp.

There's really a contradicting stream of information with Lang.

NHL.com has him listed as trying out with the Habs, however, RDS quotes his agent as saying he expects Lang to sign with a team in the near future - 6 teams are in talks, none are the Habs. Here's how I piece it together:

- The Habs most likely have indeed offered a tryout (though I believe this was closer to a month to 6 weeks ago and not so much recently)

- The invite hasn't been officially rejected nor accepted, thus the assumption is that if Lang isn't close to a deal come training camp, he'll report to Montreal at least for the short-term.

In other words, we won't know for sure for at least another week. The only confirmed tryout is Philippe Lefebvre and that's for the rookie camp.

You can accept a tryout but still negotiate with another team. I remember a couple years back Brent Sopel accepted a tryout from the Red Wings, but the Blackhawks signed Sopel a couple of days into camp before the Red Wings had made a decision on him. I think something similar is likely happening with Lang... he'll go to Habs camp if he has no contract by that date, but he can still negotiate with those other teams while at the Habs' camp.

• 2 weeks later...

What are these Hannon rumors to the Habs? Obviously i saw it on Eklund's site. I was wondering if anyone heard anything somewhere else.

It would make sense on some level, bringing in a natural RD and moving a LD but that would mean Hamrlik since the other guys were just signed.

Gorges, I beleive is the D who's natural side is the RD. I know Mara and Spacek can play both.

What are these Hannon rumors to the Habs? Obviously i saw it on Eklund's site. I was wondering if anyone heard anything somewhere else.

It would make sense on some level, bringing in a natural RD and moving a LD but that would mean Hamrlik since the other guys were just signed.

Gorges, I beleive is the D who's natural side is the RD. I know Mara and Spacek can play both.

I would highly doubt it Eklund links the Habs to everything and anything.

Hamrlik >>>> Hannan

When Bouillon signed in Nashville they said on CKAC that Boston,Rags were

the other teams interested.

This lead me to think that teams that are not happy with their prospects play

are still shopping and there is some players not signed by anyone still available

that could definely help the Habs in two areas where nobody stood up at the camp.

Having Lang around would help a lot the chances of scoring.

Dandenault is a better skater, than Pyatt, Chipchura, Stewart for a 4th line role.

He knows is way around and skating the puck to the opponent zone is an effective

way to kill seconds off on 4th line duties.

And i like his wife too...

Dandenault has been cut at San Jose camp.

Nobody prooved better at Habs camp for 4th role winger and occasionnal help on D.

I liked Dandenault but would suggest the defense for this year is set and the fourth line has enough player choices to fill the needs for a successful 4th line. Time to say goodbye to the past and move on.

Edited by thib46

Dandy makes an excellent depth guy in an organization. He may yet be able to find a top-6 role on a weaker team (San Jose is, after all, fairly high on the food chain) but if he's not we should offer him a decent-paying two-way deal and propose a second career for him as AHL mentor and/or 7th defenceman. If he'd rather take that than retire or go to Europe, we'll have ourselves a valuable asset.

Dandy makes an excellent depth guy in an organization. He may yet be able to find a top-6 role on a weaker team (San Jose is, after all, fairly high on the food chain) but if he's not we should offer him a decent-paying two-way deal and propose a second career for him as AHL mentor and/or 7th defenceman. If he'd rather take that than retire or go to Europe, we'll have ourselves a valuable asset.

i think dandy is a class guy and could help the organization in many ways. Maybe defence coach?

The Gazette is carrying this rumour.

Geez, if this happens, I imagine his brother is next? It's discouraging. Look at the major parts of the rebuild that never even came over here and made the effort: Emelin and Valetenko. Look at the key cogs gone (Higgins and Komisarek); the skilled C given away for minimal return on a franchise desperate for quality depth at C (Ribeiro, Grabovksi); the defencemen tossed away (Beauchemin, Streit, Hainsey); and the 'promising players' who have yet to put together two convincing seasons in a row (Plekanec, the Kostitsyns).

The (First?) Great Gainey Rebuild died with a whimper, not a bang.

I know, I know, I'm overreacting and probably sound whiny. Every one of those decisions can be justified. Everyone in hockey was drooling over these same players and tentatively proven wrong. But you look at a team like Boston that re-emerged as a contender after, really, only two years in the wilderness, through adept drafting and UFA signings, and you really have to shake your head: why couldn't that happen here? It's like a few bad decisions compounded by lots of bad luck and...poof.

(The good news is that Gainey's re-assembled core may provide a far better veteran foundation for Rebuild 2.0. Nonetheless, I still get gloomy from time to time about what a disappointment the past 6 years turned into).

But you look at a team like Boston that re-emerged as a contender after, really, only two years in the wilderness, through adept drafting and UFA signings, and you really have to shake your head: why couldn't that happen here? It's like a few bad decisions compounded by lots of bad luck and...poof.

(

I really think the rebuild took this long because everybody had underestimated the damage done by Reggie's rein of error. Also, the season before last we were a contender... it is the consistent contender a' la detroit that we all want and it is debatable if the Broons have reached that level either.

Boston might have also cleaned house at the right time: pre-lockout, rebuilds took a long freaking time. Now, it seems you just need one truly awful season, get a high pick, make some signings (since UFA's are younger now) and built your team up from there.

Of course, Boston got a Norris Trophy winner and one of the league's top 10 centres in one offseason. That's not your typical UFA haul.

Anyways, just so you know, Meehan says that there's nothing to the KHL rumors for Sergei, he's going to Hamilton:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...i-kostitsyn.php