Jump to content

Permanent Rumour Thread


Fanpuck33
 Share

Recommended Posts

Habs traded Lehkonen for a great return. he is a 3rd liner in most teams. Josh would bring a great return, why not consider it?

 

He was trade for by the old regime to win now, that approach does not make sense anymore. Let's move on from Bergevin's legacy and build a cup contender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 21.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dlbalr

    1421

  • The Chicoutimi Cucumber

    1386

  • DON

    919

  • Commandant

    1235

56 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Habs traded Lehkonen for a great return. he is a 3rd liner in most teams. Josh would bring a great return, why not consider it?

 

He was trade for by the old regime to win now, that approach does not make sense anymore. Let's move on from Bergevin's legacy and build a cup contender.

I wouldn’t mind moving him as well. If the return is good. Having said that, we do need to make sure we have enough experienced wingers to provide a support for our young players. In order of bad contract terms or poor influence on young players, my order of preference in moving two of the following wingers would be as follows:

1 - Gallagher (ugly term, but his recent performance probably makes him untradable until he shows he can still produce and stay healthy. Doubt if he can be moved this summer

2 - Armia - hate his contract and lack of consistentancy, but lousy contract, so I doubt if we can move him

3 - Anderson - probably the most physical and productive winger we have, but probably can fetch the highest return. Having said that Inthibo he is a good winger to play with young players 

4 - Hoffman. - I hated the signing, never liked him with how things went down in Ottawa, and his numbers have been declining and hasn’t been able to stay too healthy 

5 - Drouin, more of a trade deadline move

6 - Dadanov- I think he is perfect guy for young players as well, and is a trade deadline move

7 - probably in movable unless he can stay healthy and be productive close to the deadline. Too many injury questions at this time to be able to move him.

 

Needless to say Caufield should be untouchable. So I think Anderson and Petry, are probably our best bets to trade to move up in the draft, in packages including either the first  from Calgary or our own second pick. 
 

i think Anderson and Petry would probably be of interest to NJD, Philly, while Anderson an interest to Edmonton doesn’t sound like Kane is coming back). But we’d probably have to take some contracts back.

 

not sure if flyers would want to move van reimadyck or sanheim’s contracts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Habs traded Lehkonen for a great return. he is a 3rd liner in most teams. Josh would bring a great return, why not consider it?

 

He was trade for by the old regime to win now, that approach does not make sense anymore. Let's move on from Bergevin's legacy and build a cup contender.

 

I have no doubt that Hughes is considering all options. Hughes has been impressive so far. The Habs definitely hired the right guy for GM. 

 

I have a feeling that Hughes will have a blockbuster trade prior to the draft with some combination of Anderson, Mailloux and the 26 pick going for a much higher pick. It will be interesting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

I have no doubt that Hughes is considering all options. Hughes has been impressive so far. The Habs definitely hired the right guy for GM. 

Not disagreeing; but he was basically hired "recently" and seems a lot early to be thinking this...yet.

 

6 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I have a feeling that Hughes will have a blockbuster trade prior to the draft with some combination of Anderson, Mailloux and the 26 pick going for a much higher pick. It will be interesting. 

Isnt this more likely to happen at the draft, for fan effect and Bettman to say "WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE!"?

Like Pick #9 to Canucks for Schneider was, to NJ when draft was in NJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

 

I've seen numerous strange trade proposals involving Anderson too.  Most were silly, but a couple were interesting.

 

I wonder if it would be possible to get the 2nd pick too?  ex:  trade Anderson, get 2nd pick, draft the Slovak to replace him and save 4.5 mil/yr.  That could also be done using 1st pick.

 

 

You're right, his contract is debatable at this point.  However, as time goes on, the length of his contract will likely make it a crappy contract. 

 

I really dont want to see him traded - I love him; but some interesting and highly beneficial things could happen if his is. 

 

 

 

Yeah, it’s not the cap hit so much as the term. I just don’t think his game will age well. If we take the principle that we’re looking to contend in 3-4 years, he probably will be either a liability or an expiring contract when that happens. That said, I’d be in no hurry to trade him; I  agree with the folks who enjoy watching him - he’s no star, but he’s a rare bird in terms of his profile, when he’s on he is exhilarating, and he is probably one of the Habs opponents hate playing against the most. I remember two years ago some Leafs commented that “he plays mean.” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DON said:

Not disagreeing; but he was basically hired "recently" and seems a lot early to be thinking this...yet.

 

Isnt this more likely to happen at the draft, for fan effect and Bettman to say "WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE!"?

Like Pick #9 to Canucks for Schneider was, to NJ when draft was in NJ.

Vicious booing then “WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE”, followed by a raucous cheer always makes me chuckle 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DON said:

Not disagreeing; but he was basically hired "recently" and seems a lot early to be thinking this...yet.

 

Isnt this more likely to happen at the draft, for fan effect and Bettman to say "WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE!"?

Like Pick #9 to Canucks for Schneider was, to NJ when draft was in NJ.

 

Just saying that Hughes body of work has been exemplary SO FAR.  I have no reason to believe that he won't continue to do good work.

 

Any deal will be announced when it is done. I don't think Hughes will wait until the last minute for "fan effect". There will be enough excitement with the Habs having first pick.  Hughes won't blow it by waiting until just before the draft if he can get the right deal done before. Hughes is a practical guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Just saying that Hughes body of work has been exemplary SO FAR.  I have no reason to believe that he won't continue to do good work.

 

Any deal will be announced when it is done. I don't think Hughes will wait until the last minute for "fan effect". There will be enough excitement with the Habs having first pick.  Hughes won't blow it by waiting until just before the draft if he can get the right deal done before. Hughes is a practical guy. 

 

I agree ... unless he has multiple teams chasing a player I suspect he sets a "price" in his mind and once someone offers it he makes the trade ... can't disagree with the approach ... waiting to see if he gets a better offer from a team not yet seriously in the running could yield more but it could also result in the team making the offer moving on to another option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GHT120 said:

 

 ... unless he has multiple teams chasing a player 

Numerous teams have called and more are calling about Anderson and couple seem interested in Petry, or so they say.

And really Hughes is under no pressure to deal either this summer, aside from getting cap under control. But, if Petry and Anderson are in opening game roster, would be fine also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, DON said:

Numerous teams have called and more are calling about Anderson and couple seem interested in Petry, or so they say.

And really Hughes is under no pressure to deal either this summer, aside from getting cap under control. But, if Petry and Anderson are in opening game roster, would be fine also.

 

I used the term chasing precisely because it indicates enough serious interest to warrant waiting ... calling is not quite the same ... but I agree the cap is the major reason for looking to move some veterans ... but In Petry's case I simply would not want a player who quit on the team and asked for a trade to return ... sure the specific circumstances that "caused" his issues may be gone but they could return at any time ... and who knows what else might set him (or perhaps more appropriately his wife) off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, DON said:

Numerous teams have called and more are calling about Anderson and couple seem interested in Petry, or so they say.

And really Hughes is under no pressure to deal either this summer, aside from getting cap under control. But, if Petry and Anderson are in opening game roster, would be fine also.

 

same here, I would like to see Anderson war an "A" during the rebuild. He has shown to care for this team and has played with heart most nights (if not all)

Petry... I just want the est return for him. He may have a great year with the Habs if he plays the full run-and-gun season; but IMHO he has burnt a bridge when he showed his true nature under the lowest part of last season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

 

same here, I would like to see Anderson war an "A" during the rebuild. He has shown to care for this team and has played with heart most nights (if not all)

Petry... I just want the est return for him. He may have a great year with the Habs if he plays the full run-and-gun season; but IMHO he has burnt a bridge when he showed his true nature under the lowest part of last season

 

I really like Anderson, have absolutely no problem with keeping him, he wants to be here, is a leader  BUT if the return is something that really helps with the rebuild then you have to consider it. As previous posters have suggested, if Anderson was 25-26 instead of 28 then you might look at it differently as playing his style does not lead to a long career and he is injury prone.

 

I will give a break to Petry on his actions last year. A lot of Habs were struggling under DD plus he was missing his family, not great circumstances for anyone. I expect he will be gone before the season starts anyway.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

I really like Anderson, have absolutely no problem with keeping him, he wants to be here, is a leader  BUT if the return is something that really helps with the rebuild then you have to consider it.

Yes -- much the same as it was for Lehkonen. I love him as a player, and he set a great example with his work ethic. But, for the Habs, the return offered by the Avalanche was more valuable, so I do accept that the trade made sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

... but In Petry's case I simply would not want a player who quit on the team and asked for a trade to return ... sure the specific circumstances that "caused" his issues may be gone but they could return at any time ... and who knows what else might set him (or perhaps more appropriately his wife) off.

 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... I will give a break to Petry on his actions last year. A lot of Habs were struggling under DD plus he was missing his family, not great circumstances for anyone. I expect he will be gone before the season starts anyway. 

 

A short while ago I had an "out of the blue" moment when I realized my post could be taken as referring the Ducharme ... that was actually not in my mind as I typed the post ... I was referring to Jeff missing his family (understandable) and the fact that who knows what next might offend Mrs. Petry sufficiently to cause her to take the children and flee Montreal for Detroit ... IMO it is just too unpredictable a variable to warrant brushing last season's issues under the rug.

 

But Ducharme may well have played (IMO) a secondary role in Petry quitting on the team but I do believe that being away from his family was the primary issue.

 

Hopefully he will be gone before the seasons starts ... I see it as best for both player and team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

 

 

A short while ago I had an "out of the blue" moment when I realized my post could be taken as referring the Ducharme ... that was actually not in my mind as I typed the post ... I was referring to Jeff missing his family (understandable) and the fact that who knows what next might offend Mrs. Petry sufficiently to cause her to take the children and flee Montreal for Detroit ... IMO it is just too unpredictable a variable to warrant brushing last season's issues under the rug.

 

But Ducharme may well have played (IMO) a secondary role in Petry quitting on the team but I do believe that being away from his family was the primary issue.

 

Hopefully he will be gone before the seasons starts ... I see it as best for both player and team.

 

Ms. Petry and Ms. Price are both big supporters of things like the Trucker Convoy, anti-mask, anti-vaccines, and other right wing issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ms. Petry and Ms. Price are both big supporters of things like the Trucker Convoy, anti-mask, anti-vaccines, and other right wing issues. 

Yes, that has been my impression.

<sarcasm on>  Sounds like a perfect fit for Dallas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

 

Ms. Petry and Ms. Price are both big supporters of things like the Trucker Convoy, anti-mask, anti-vaccines, and other right wing issues. 


references please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Ms. Petry and Ms. Price are both big supporters of things like the Trucker Convoy, anti-mask, anti-vaccines, and other right wing issues. 

Yeah, Price’s wife has been anti-vaccine even prior to Covid. Doesn’t believe in kids getting their scheduled vaccines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darren Dreger is reporting there’s belief in the NHL that Hughes is trying to get the 2nd pick from New Jersey.  I just read from an unreliable source that New Jersey is interested in Anderson.  
 

Anderson and the 26th should be the start of something to get the 2nd without adding Suzuki, Caufield or Guhle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

... Anderson and the 26th should be the start of something to get the 2nd without adding Suzuki, Caufield or Guhle.

START is the word ... unless Fitzgerald is looking to get fired ... absent those three not certain the Habs have the pieces NJD will want ... Devils don't really have any bad contracts to "take back" so it will cost assets ... but I would LOVE for it to happen ... talk about making a splash at the draft and accelerating the rebuild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

START is the word ... unless Fitzgerald is looking to get fired ... absent those three not certain the Habs have the pieces NJD will want ... Devils don't really have any bad contracts to "take back" so it will cost assets ... but I would LOVE for it to happen ... talk about making a splash at the draft and accelerating the rebuild.

Well, NJ wants to get better fast and is dangling the 2nd pick to do that.  They also have $25m cap space.  I don’t follow the Devils much, so I’m not sure who they have to re-sign that will eat a lot of cap space.  
 

I will say, Anderson, Petry and the 26th should be close to getting a deal done.  A top-6 forward that is in demand and a top-4 defenseman.  Only down side with Petry is Hamilton also is RD.  It’ll eat half of their cap space, which is where my lack of knowledge on their roster comes in.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

All I can say is, the thought of acquiring the 2nd overall pick without giving up any prospects or young players is like:

 

It's wishful thinking but not realistic.  If New Jersey wants to spend money for the sake of spending money, that's what free agency is for.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...