GDT: Bruins vs Habs, Mar. 8

dlbalr

Couldnt go to sleep so a few comments.

At least the refs did good in giving Chara 5 plus the game.

And about Milbury saying it shouldve been 2 minutes... I say his career as GM shouldve lasted 2 minutes as well.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone forgets the game before the hit on Moore, and the dammage he did to Morrison. He had it coming. He was a head hunter and didn;t belong in the NHL. Go back and watch him swerve and raise the elbow to take Morrison's head off. He desearved to be out of hockey for his attemt to injure Morrison, but the league is weak and let him play. Bertuzzi was frustratd with the leagues crap and took it on himself, as were the whole canuck team that game. It wasn't one player only on Van that was hunting Moore, he had a bounty on his head. Not because he was a talented player but because he was a cheap shot head hunting goon.

Chara gets his neck broken from behind, I don;t shed a tear for him, enough said?

as far as Chara goes, I woudn't shed a tear for that ape either. He is a piece of crap and deserves know better.

Not that I'd want the habs to hit him from behind like BOTH, Chara AND Lucic did with Komisarik a few years back, but I absolutely HATE Chara and Lucic - and know I woudn't like these goons on my habs. My habs will always be about speed and style not the dirty/cheapshot Bruins/Flyers or the truculant and beligerrant Burke leafs.

Unfortunately, the 'it was an accident" chant has already started in the press... I am sure CC will use that as his excuse to do nothing. the replay is very clear that Chara directed him in and it is also very clear that there was no hockey play there... it was also not a coincidence that the hit occurred after the Bruins were getting blown out.. but.. yeah.. totally accidental. If i had that kind of "accident playing", the guys I play with would ban me for life.

On the bright side, we can beat Boston when we skate and don't get into the gong show with them.. .if the refs called all the cheap crap from them, they would never beat us. Unfortunately, Boston and Philly get away with crap every game, against us or otherwise.

Dominic Moore is still in the league. Not like they were totally different players.

I disagree - he was a marginal 4th liner.

The goons and terrible hits of the NHL will probably never go away.

Giving an offending player a 2 or 3 game vacation is not the answer.

10 games, for some still not the answer.

Hitting their wallets, nope.

Only allowing them to return to the game when the player they hurt comes back MIGHT make someone think twice.

Would Chara have run down Patch if he thought HE'D miss the rest of the season WITHOUT pay? Probably not.

The double penalty of comparable time missed and a pay cheque could be a step in the right direction.

Edited by BrenDittero

I don't think Chara tried to take off his head, but it was irresponsible and showed ZERO respect.

The NHL always penalizes the result. I have seen various players do what Bertuzzi did and not do 1/4 of the damage and get NOTHING.

If the remain consistent then Chara should get 5-10, but expecting them to be consistent when I just watched them dole out an instigator tonight after not calling any the last time they played is unrealistic. They will say he didn't mean to and that will be the end of it.

Just so it's out there, Mike Murphy would be handling any disciplinary hearing, should there be one. Colin Campbell isn't supposed to have any say in the matter...whether you think he's not entirely independent is one thing, but that is supposed to be the plan in place when such an instance arises.

They said that Chara already escaped to the Bruins bus to escape facing the media. Real stand up guy - friggin ape!

Watching the replay on NHL.com. Do you think it was intentional to hit him into the glass? I bet he won't be suspended. I think he knew he was beat, Saw the number 67 and took his oportunity. I think it was dirty. Others here at work think it was inocent.

I don't think Chara tried to take off his head, but it was irresponsible and showed ZERO respect.

The NHL always penalizes the result. I have seen various players do what Bertuzzi did and not do 1/4 of the damage and get NOTHING.

If the remain consistent then Chara should get 5-10, but expecting them to be consistent when I just watched them dole out an instigator tonight after not calling any the last time they played is unrealistic. They will say he didn't mean to and that will be the end of it.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL takes away the Game Misconduct penalty to Chara rather then suspend him. I have no faith in how this league hands out "discipline" :angry:

I disagree - he was a marginal 4th liner.

Moore played 57 games through the age of 25, he had 12 points.

You know how many points Dominic Moore had at 28? 55 points in 224 games.

If he only played 57 games through 25 you would probably have called him a marginal 4th liner.

Just so it's out there, Mike Murphy would be handling any disciplinary hearing, should there be one. Colin Campbell isn't supposed to have any say in the matter...whether you think he's not entirely independent is one thing, but that is supposed to be the plan in place when such an instance arises.

Mike Murphy ?? Why him ? Never heard of him taking decisions on suspensions before ...

I see him hitting a guy directly into a stanchion he is looking right at.. he knows it is there... the replay shows him extending his arms and driving his head right in...

I simply don't believe that an NHL hockey player, with the time he had to see what was coming, would not know that stanchion was there and where Pacs head would go. He might not have meant to hurt him that bad, but he saw Pacs was vulnerable and took his shot... so he should pay the consequences..

They said that Chara already escaped to the Bruins bus to escape facing the media. Real stand up guy - friggin ape!

If I were in his shoes I would do the same though. I would let things cool down and address the media tmrw. If Chara was not already a target by Habs fans at the Bell Centre, I expect alot worse from here on out. We might have to wait till next season for him to return to Montreal unless we see them in the playoffs. We still have an away game against them this year, but its hard to send someone after Chara.

The media will still be there tomorrow. It's the City of Montreal is what he really needs to escape from.

Edited by BrenDittero

What were you expecting ? Chara being the only Bruins in the locker room smiling ?

I see him hitting a guy directly into a stanchion he is looking right at.. he knows it is there... the replay shows him extending his arms and driving his head right in...

I simply don't believe that an NHL hockey player, with the time he had to see what was coming, would not know that stanchion was there and where Pacs head would go. He might not have meant to hurt him that bad, but he saw Pacs was vulnerable and took his shot... so he should pay the consequences..

It was irresponsible and showed zero respect, but I can't really make a judgement on the play. I can see how it could have been an accident.

I don't judge intent unless it is bloody obvious like McSorley on Brashear, Bertuzzi on Moore and Richards on Booth. WIth even that said I doubt Bertuzzi wanted to break Moore's neck.

Mike Murphy ?? Why him ? Never heard of him taking decisions on suspensions before ...

He's the NHL's VP of Hockey Ops (Campbell is the Director of Hockey Ops), so basically the #2 in command. When the whole e-mail fiasco came out, it was pointed out then that Murphy handles all disciplinary issues with whatever team Gregory Campbell is in.

It was irresponsible and showed zero respect, but I can't really make a judgement on the play. I can see how it could have been an accident.

I don't judge intent unless it is bloody obvious like McSorley on Brashear, Bertuzzi on Moore and Richards on Booth. WIth even that said I doubt Bertuzzi wanted to break Moore's neck.

Wamsley, open your eyes and rewatch the play.

Chara directs Patchs head into the post. You CAN make a judgement on the play and the video shows him doing it on purpose.

I'm shocked that at this point anyone would still be debating whether it was an accident or not.

Edited by BrenDittero

He's the NHL's VP of Hockey Ops (Campbell is the Director of Hockey Ops), so basically the #2 in command. When the whole e-mail fiasco came out, it was pointed out then that Murphy handles all disciplinary issues with whatever team Gregory Campbell is in.

It is quite amazing that Campbell's conflict of interest was swept under the rug so easily.

Wamsley, open your eyes and rewatch the play.

Chara directs Patchs head into the post. You can make a judgement on the play and the video show him doing it on purpose.

Trust me, I would like nothing more than to blame Chara with my homer glasses, but I can see the grey area like it or not.

It was irresponsible especially down 4-0 and with 15 seconds left, but his hand didn't direct his head into the boards. He pushed him and Max Pac could just as easily have missed the post. It was a dangerous play, but I can't judge his intent based on the 30 replays I have seen.

Edited by Wamsley01

It is quite amazing that Campbell's conflict of interest was swept under the rug so easily.

At least some of us still remember... :)

Interesting 'comment' from Gauthier, probably not the worst move he could've made...

Oh true. Thanks.