Injury news

Commandant

Just now, tomh009 said:

Out for the season?

That's unfortunate, tough luck for Dvorak. He never really got going this year and another injury. A lost season for him.

I assume that this gives the Habs more cap room which would give them more flexibility in making trades? 

22 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's unfortunate, tough luck for Dvorak. He never really got going this year and another injury. A lost season for him.

I assume that this gives the Habs more cap room which would give them more flexibility in making trades? 

It would push their cap space to about $7.8M ... they could increase it by moving Dach and Wideman to LTIR from regular IR ... potentially almost $12M.

They only have one retention slot to use when moving out players, but they can take back a bad contract, or two or three, in trades ... but likely only expiring contracts as they won't encumber next season's cap.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

It would push their cap space to about $7.8M ... they could increase it by moving Dach and Wideman to LTIR from regular IR ... potentially almost $12M.

They only have one retention slot to use when moving out players, but they can take back a bad contract, or two or three, in trades ... but likely only expiring contracts as they won't encumber next season's cap.

Thanks. With only 1 retention slot it does give them more flexibility for taking on bad contracts but as you say, only expiring contracts. 

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think we are short of cap space as it is ...

49 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Is Wideman confirmed as full season, too?

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Man. It's getting to where we need to acquire FWs purely for the purpose of having enough warm bodies to ice a roster.😬

On the other hand ... it's an opportunity for our F prospects to get the same kind of NHL experience that our D prospects got last season. Separate the wheat from the chaff and all that ...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Wow the Habs are freaking cursed. 

I've been saying that for a long time. They needed an exorcist not a new medical team

5 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

An exorcist wouldn't hurt would it?  Can't get any worse. 

I would start a kcskstart or gofund page to get one

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Is Wideman confirmed as full season, too?

Confirmed?

He hasn't been with the team since his TC physical ... is rehabbing in St Louis ... and I haven't heard his name mentioned by Chantal Machabée since training camp ... so I am 99.999999999999999999999999999999% certain

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

He never got going period since coming here! Horrible, horrible trade!

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Not sure Dvorak will be missed by many fans, will he?

Only thing I’ll miss is the opportunity to be able to trade him, if there is a GM dumb enough to want him! 

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Not until they have to figure out what to do with him next summer.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Only thing I’ll miss is the opportunity to be able to trade him, if there is a GM dumb enough to want him! 

Dvorak had very very limited trade value anyway, especially with another year at 4.4 million. Hopefully he is healthy at the trade deadline next year. 

12 minutes ago, DON said:

I never minded him as a 3rd line centre. He wins faceoffs and is not a liability defensively. when healthy he will pot close to 20 goals. But he has been injured often with the Habs

Darn Habs curse!

28 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I never minded him as a 3rd line centre. He wins faceoffs and is not a liability defensively. when healthy he will pot close to 20 goals. But he has been injured often with the Habs

Darn Habs curse!

I wouldn't mind him as a 3rd line center if he was making 2.0 million/year. Dvorak is a perfect example of making bad trades when you are desperate.  MB lost Danault to free agency and then didn't match the KK offer so he was down 2 centers and thought he had to do something. He did something which was to give up too much for Dvorak  (a 1st and 2nd pick). 

19 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I wouldn't mind him as a 3rd line center if he was making 2.0 million/year. Dvorak is a perfect example of making bad trades when you are desperate.  MB lost Danault to free agency and then didn't match the KK offer so he was down 2 centers and thought he had to do something. He did something which was to give up too much for Dvorak  (a 1st and 2nd pick). 

By that time, he did have to do something. Maybe there were better options, but doing nothing wasn't one of them.

Anyway, that's in the distant past. We have Dvorak now, and we have his contract, which we can't change now. And I do agree that he's fine as a 3C. A bit expensive, but we have a contract, so can't change that part.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

By that time, he did have to do something. Maybe there were better options, but doing nothing wasn't one of them.

Anyway, that's in the distant past. We have Dvorak now, and we have his contract, which we can't change now. And I do agree that he's fine as a 3C. A bit expensive, but we have a contract, so can't change that part.

I don't disagree, he had to do something and time to move forward. 

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Confirmed?

He hasn't been with the team since his TC physical ... is rehabbing in St Louis ... and I haven't heard his name mentioned by Chantal Machabée since training camp ... so I am 99.999999999999999999999999999999% certain

He is with the team at times but yes, I think this is an unofficially out for the season agreement they've made.  I think his back is bothering him but had there been an NHL spot for him, he'd have tried to play.  Since both sides know he'd be on waivers the second he tries to play, I think there's an understanding that they won't do that to him.