Jump to content

Injury news


Commandant
 Share

Recommended Posts

TVA has the full skate

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

Clague's going to get some regular minutes now while Niku probably won't make it to Laval after all (or if he does, it'll be for a very quick stint).

Another one down, another one down, another one bites the dust. This is getting pretty ridiculous with the injuries. Well there was 1 in a million chance of moving him at the deadline anyways. With the way players are dropping, I really hope we are able to move Chiarot, before he goes down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I really hope we are able to move Chiarot, before he goes down.

Saw one bit on the deadline, he noted are like 20+UFA d-man on sellers who could really depress the market, not sure if valid, but hope not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Saw one bit on the deadline, he noted are like 20+UFA d-man on sellers who could really depress the market, not sure if valid, but hope not.

 

That's my concern.  If Chychrun goes, he'll get a first (and a lot more).  If Anaheim moves Manson and Lindholm, they could get firsts for them.  Klingberg and Giordano are out there too and will yield a decent return, likely a first for Klingberg at least.  Miller (not a D) will get a first and a lot more if he moves.  At the deadline, typically only a handful of first-round picks change hands and some of the ones you might think would be willing to deal one don't even have their pick this year to deal.  I've said all along, I don't think Chiarot gets a first rounder in return, especially since he could be the fifth or sixth-best defender that moves and there just aren't that many firsts that are going to move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

That's my concern.  If Chychrun goes, he'll get a first (and a lot more).  If Anaheim moves Manson and Lindholm, they could get firsts for them.  Klingberg and Giordano are out there too and will yield a decent return, likely a first for Klingberg at least.  Miller (not a D) will get a first and a lot more if he moves.  At the deadline, typically only a handful of first-round picks change hands and some of the ones you might think would be willing to deal one don't even have their pick this year to deal.  I've said all along, I don't think Chiarot gets a first rounder in return, especially since he could be the fifth or sixth-best defender that moves and there just aren't that many firsts that are going to move.

 

Right now Anaheim is in a playoff spot and Dallas is fighting for a playoff spot so I don't think they are in a hurry to be sellers. Giordano will likely be moved for sure and will be Chiarot's biggest competition but he is also 38 and likely doesn't have the stamina Chiarot proved he had last year for a long playoff run. Giordano would be very attractive for a contending team looking for a 3rd pairing defenseman playing 10-12 minutes a game which is likely where Chiarot would fit in as well but he Ben also proved he can also play top 4 minutes over a long stretch. 

 

I still think we get a 1st for Chairot, there are a lot of contending teams out there. Tampa gave up a 1st and a 3rd for Savard last year.  I would be very happy to get a 1st next year for Chiarot.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Right now Anaheim is in a playoff spot and Dallas is fighting for a playoff spot so I don't think they are in a hurry to be sellers.

 

Playoffs or not, Klingberg is being actively shopped (and has more or less made it clear he wants out).  We'll see with Anaheim - it'd be hard to sell but it's the right call from a longer-term perspective.

 

15 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Any news on what this Price presser is about?

 

Caving to the few in the media who were demanding he face them to answer questions.  The medical update is that there's no update, he'll be asked about his time in the Player Assistance Program, and he'll probably be asked three different ways if he wants to stay for a rebuild. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

... and he'll probably be asked three different ways if he wants to stay for a rebuild. 

ONLY three?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 weeks for Savard, sweet Jesus.

 

Do they need to go get some goalie to fill in and be OK with getting shelled and peppered with rubber every outing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, DON said:

Do they need to go get some goalie to fill in and be OK with getting shelled and peppered with rubber every outing?

 

Yes.  Yes they do.  They can wait until after the break if they want but they need to get Primeau out of there (and now McNiven is hurt as well).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I have never seen a season with this many injuries. What is going on??

 

Combination of the shortest offseason in NHL history, some bad luck, and the fact they're in last in the standings.  Some of these players would still be playing or would have returned earlier if there was something to play for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three goalies on IR (plus Montembeault possibly not yet fully recovered) is just astounding.

 

They should be able to pick up someone fairly quickly ... let's see what happens this coming week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They should be able to pick up someone fairly quickly ... let's see what happens this coming week.

 

The removal of the taxi squads should help on that front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

Combination of the shortest offseason in NHL history, some bad luck, and the fact they're in last in the standings.  Some of these players would still be playing or would have returned earlier if there was something to play for.

 

I get that there is no point rushing guys back because of where we are in the standings but we have had so many injuries that are multiple weeks, its crazy.  Hopefully things even out and they will enjoy good health in the coming years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn’t the Habs loose their strength and conditioning training in the summer? Allard?

 

it seems like the Habs do not have as a program as before and that players are just wearing down :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Three goalies on IR (plus Montembeault possibly not yet fully recovered) is just astounding.

 

They should be able to pick up someone fairly quickly ... let's see what happens this coming week.

 

Ya, that is crazy that they have so many injured goalies. 

 

I was watching the US feed several games ago and they mentioned that the Habs have played 4 different goalies this season.  Only 2 teams have used more - the Sabers with 5 and Devils have used 6.

 

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Didn’t the Habs loose their strength and conditioning training in the summer? Allard?

 

it seems like the Habs do not have as a program as before and that players are just wearing down :(

 

I do recall hearing that but the Habs likely hired somebody to replace him.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Didn’t the Habs loose their strength and conditioning training in the summer? Allard?

 

it seems like the Habs do not have as a program as before and that players are just wearing down :(

 

9 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... I do recall hearing that but the Habs likely hired somebody to replace him. 

image.png

 

His picture makes it look like he knew what was coming this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 6:22 PM, dlbalr said:

Yes.  Yes they do.  They can wait until after the break if they want but they need to get Primeau out of there (and now McNiven is hurt as well).

It appears that McNiven has been skating again. Is there any word on when he might be ready to play?

 

I'd really like to see Primeau back in Laval to rebuild his confidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It appears that McNiven has been skating again. Is there any word on when he might be ready to play?

 

Nothing official on that front but if he's only doing light work with the goalie coach, he's probably a couple of weeks away at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

During one of the breaks during Sat Feb 12 game, tehy mentioned that Drouin is skating but that he is at least a month a way from returning. he will not need surgery on his wrist, but he is not close to returning :(

 

I was hoping to see him before the trade deadline. Maybe they don;t want him to aggravate his wrist before that date... ?! 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...