Jump to content

Injury news


Commandant
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I guess that’s one way to handle it

 

Short-term anyway ... another roster move likely needed in the not too distant future (unless it is something serious - hopefully not).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Short-term anyway ... another roster move likely needed in the not too distant future (unless it is something serious - hopefully not).

How quickly would a bruised ego heal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Drouin took a year off...

 

That wasn't a bruised ego

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I wonder what they will do roster wise when he returns?

 

 I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Dman traded to make room - maybe Edmundson?

 

I don't think they'll be trading Edmundson at this point and locking in playing four rookie d-men each night.  One of the youngsters can go to Laval and play big minutes down there and there's nothing wrong with that approach.  I could see Edmundson being moved in March at the deadline when there's a lot less time left in the year but not this early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

 

I don't think they'll be trading Edmundson at this point and locking in playing four rookie d-men each night.  One of the youngsters can go to Laval and play big minutes down there and there's nothing wrong with that approach.  I could see Edmundson being moved in March at the deadline when there's a lot less time left in the year but not this early.

 

I agree, if Edmundson does get moved it will likely be at the deadline. It will be interesting to see which defensemen goes down to Laval if that is the case. I think Guhle and Harris are the most NHL ready but Arber brings something they don't and what he brings is valued by his teammates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edmundson just 420games played, 29yr old, if back isnt a chronic issue, on/off-ice is a leader, i think he would be a valuable mentor for the young d if stayed with Habs till 2024 deadline.

But, Guhle/Matheson likely bound for top 2 LH spots next year i suppose, so if he stays healthy and with low salary he would seem a good pick-up for playoff run team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... It will be interesting to see which defensemen goes down to Laval if that is the case. I think Guhle and Harris are the most NHL ready but Arber brings something they don't and what he brings is valued by his teammates. 

 

That leaves Kovacevic and Wideman ... both could draw interest on waivers ... JK for his potential and CW for his veteran experience ... both have term (2more and one more year respectively) but both are at a modest AAV (around $765K) ... I  would either waive, or try to trade, Wideman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Edmundson just 420games played, 29yr old, if back isnt a chronic issue ...

 

It has been the last two seasons ... he has never played more than 69 games in a season, except a pro-rated 80.5 in his first season in Montreal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

That leaves Kovacevic and Wideman ... both could draw interest on waivers ... JK for his potential and CW for his veteran experience ... both have term (2more and one more year respectively) but both are at a modest AAV (around $765K) ... I  would either waive, or try to trade, Wideman.

 

Montreal wasn't the only team that claimed Kovacevic so they know they'll lose him if they try to waive him.  Wideman is a definite possibility although I think they prefer him as the designated sitter compared to a younger player which makes him desirable to keep in that 7th slot.

 

38 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I thought that Xhekaj would get sent down with Slafkovsky but I don’t think that’s going to happen anymore. 
 

Maybe Pezzetta goes? 

 

It's possible that they carry eight defenders although that's usually not something teams want to do willingly.  I think it should be a youngster going down for a bit and besides, chances are that an injury will result in a recall of that youngster before long anyway (if someone doesn't get hurt by the time Matheson is ready).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Now the question with Drouin becomes the nature of the upper-body injury - is it another wrist thing, a case of 'non-waiveritiis', or something else entirely?

 

didn;t Drouin block a shot awkwardly last game? like with his arm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Drouin out for 4-6 weeks. We won't miss him of course. Only hope he's healthy by the deadline so we can get some future considerations.


I’m not sure we are getting anything for Drouin. 
 

LTIR for the season to rehab the wrist and wish him all the best at the end of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Neech said:

Future considerations is NHL speak for nothing. It's what we gave to Calgary for Monahan and a 1st.

 

NOT true ... it could be anything from a coffee to a full steak dinner.

😉
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... LTIR for the season to rehab the wrist and wish him all the best at the end of the season. 

 

That would be nice ... but unlikely ... hard to see but looks like he favoured his left arm/hand/wrist getting up from a fall (below) ... thus the 4-6 weeks seems like a reasonable estimate ... and unless he is willing to "fake" that his re-hab is taking months upon months it won't happen ... NHL might also be very suspicious of such an injury dragging on for so long, and this isn't a draft in which the Habs would want to risk being penalized draft picks.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

That would be nice ... but unlikely ... hard to see but looks like he favoured his left arm/hand/wrist getting up from a fall (below) ... thus the 4-6 weeks seems like a reasonable estimate ... and unless he is willing to "fake" that his re-hab is taking months upon months it won't happen ... NHL might also be very suspicious of such an injury dragging on for so long, and this isn't a draft in which the Habs would want to risk being penalized draft picks.

 

 

 


I don’t think Drouin’s wrist has ever healed properly and he probably shouldn’t be playing is what I was thinking. 
 

I agree though that nobody is going to game the system 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:


I don’t think Drouin’s wrist has ever healed properly and he probably shouldn’t be playing is what I was thinking. 
 

I agree though that nobody is going to game the system 


If it is the wrists (I heard it was both) again, he may be closing on retirement 

Pitlick at his peak brings more to the team than injured Drouin when playing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...