Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I don't know what happened to Sam Gagner, but he was put on waivers today. I can't see him slipping through waivers. He had elite skill in junior especially around the net. I would take a chance on him.

Cap hit would take up our entire cap space.

He's an enigmatic scorer. He's Canadian so nobody attacks him for it like they would a Russian.

I don't know what happened to Sam Gagner, but he was put on waivers today. I can't see him slipping through waivers. He had elite skill in junior especially around the net. I would take a chance on him.

I could be wrong but I think he'll clear. Teams will wait for Philly to eat some of his contract and trade a small something to get him at the cheaper rate. If the Flyers retained 50% in a trade, they'd still save money on the cap compared to what their hit would be when they send him down and every GM will know that.

I could be wrong but I think he'll clear. Teams will wait for Philly to eat some of his contract and trade a small something to get him at the cheaper rate. If the Flyers retained 50% in a trade, they'd still save money on the cap compared to what their hit would be when they send him down and every GM will know that.

Maybe you could clarify. I thought if somebody picked him up he would automatically be at 50%. I believe if you negotiate a deal after he has passed through you could alter that percentage up or down. Thanx?

Maybe you could clarify. I thought if somebody picked him up he would automatically be at 50%. I believe if you negotiate a deal after he has passed through you could alter that percentage up or down. Thanx?

If you pick someone on waivers, its 100%

50% waivers was for re-entry only (callups from the AHL) and only existed from 2005-2012. Once the new CBA was passed, they got rid of 50% waivers.

Just to add to the above, the max that can be retained in a trade is 50%. So if Philly is going to trade him (and Hextall seems to think that's a real possibility), they can retain a max of $1.6 M (full-season) of his cap hit.

I'm telling you guys...I'm starting to think Guy was right all along. Max must go. AG can slide into the #1LW spot no problem. We need a bonafide, legit, #1 C and trading Max straight up will do

I Think your right. what i would do is send David Desharnais and the Captain Max. to Tampa Bay for Steven Stamkos. now you have a First line Center.

I Think your right. what i would do is send David Desharnais and the Captain Max. to Tampa Bay for Steven Stamkos. now you have a First line Center.

Welcome to the board.

What if Stamkos walks in July as a UFA? Then you've lost a top line winger for virtually nothing other than a few months of a rental player. Now you don't have a first line centre...or a first line winger. And for what it's worth, they have nearly identical point production this year, 29 in 39 games for Pacioretty, 28 in 37 for Stamkos.

Welcome to the board.

What if Stamkos walks in July as a UFA? Then you've lost a top line winger for virtually nothing other than a few months of a rental player. Now you don't have a first line centre...or a first line winger. And for what it's worth, they have nearly identical point production this year, 29 in 39 games for Pacioretty, 28 in 37 for Stamkos.

Your absolutly right. but i would sign him as soon as we get him. We all know subban and stamkos and price are friends. i beleive he would sign here. and another reason is i don`t beleive in Captain Max and David Desharnais in the Playoff. They go to sleep. Check there numbers in the playoffs.

Why don't you also check Stamkos playoff numbers.

Your absolutly right. but i would sign him as soon as we get him. We all know subban and stamkos and price are friends. i beleive he would sign here. and another reason is i don`t beleive in Captain Max and David Desharnais in the Playoff. They go to sleep. Check there numbers in the playoffs.

Your absolutly right. but i would sign him as soon as we get him. We all know subban and stamkos and price are friends. i beleive he would sign here.

Would Stamkos commit to a seven year deal in Montreal without ever playing a game for them? (He's getting max term no matter where he goes.) You'd have to get him to agree to a deal before pulling the trigger and being friends with a couple of players doesn't seem like enough pull to convince him to forego free agency when he'll be the most sought after on the market. I'm sure he has friends on other teams too.

My hunch at this time is that Stamkos will want to test free agency; he's only months away from having a whole variety of options available to him. I don't think any team other than Tampa (if Stamkos decides he wants to stay put) can convince him not to do so. Price and Subban can help make Montreal's pitch come July 1st if nothing else.

I think Crosby can be had. Pitts is probably dying to get rid of him for DD. :rofl:Happy new Year.

For PK Subban maybe...

I would do it so fast everyone's head would be spinning... :ph34r:

A not yet in his prime Subban for the still young, but seemingly already in decline Sid? That trade would most likely be a disaster-- for Montreal!

Agree, but that is likely what would cost, as many other teams would likely offer up good stuff for Drouin. Don't think a prospect and 2 picks would do it.

More like a Gallagher or Beaulieu a 1st and 2nd.

gallagher is better then drouin at this point....

either of them straight up would be more accurate.

beaulieau is now playing on our top pairing and still just a baby.

gallagher is one of the best RW in all of hockey