Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

I doubt the offersheet situation is even a concern.  I would bet on the offersheet to be under $8.58 AAV as above it would be 2 firsts, a second and a third round pick, while under would be a first, second and third. As pointed out, if he accepts an offersheet, Winnipeg can match.  They don't necessarily have to keep him either.  As now he has a contract therefore a very stable value.  With a contract, especially a multi-year contract, Winnipeg can get better value than a first, second and third.  Not to mention the picks would likely be from a current bubble or playoff team making them mid-to-late round picks anyway.

If the offersheet is 8x8.5, for example, Winnipeg could easily get a top prospect, a roster player and a pick/prospect/roster player for Dubois alone.

If they match an offersheet, they have to keep him.

When you match, you can't trade for one full calendar year. 

16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I would tell the Jets here's my offer take it or leave it

Dvorak + Anderson + Allen + Florida's 1st round pick for PLD.   They don't like it move on.

Um, so they take on $13M in salary, while moving out no salary? Maybe they’ll take Gallagher and Price’s LTIR as well.

8 minutes ago, huzer said:

Um, so they take on $13M in salary, while moving out no salary? Maybe they’ll take Gallagher and Price’s LTIR as well.

Blake Wheller was stripped of the captaincy last season and one has to wonder if he would be open to being traded (he has a 5-team NTC) ... but there is no role for him in Montreal (IMO) so find a team that wants him that isn't on his NTC (Columbus seems to be collecting players these days, and he seems a Babcock-type player) and retain 50% for the remaining season on Wheeler's contract; he should have decent, but not necessarily great, value ... provides significant cap benefit for Winnipeg ... I would also take Allen out of the previously proposed deal.

15 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Blake Wheller was stripped of the captaincy last season and one has to wonder if he would be open to being traded (he has a 5-team NTC) ... but there is no role for him in Montreal (IMO) so find a team that wants him that isn't on his NTC (Columbus seems to be collecting players these days, and he seems a Babcock-type player) and retain 50% for the remaining season on Wheeler's contract; he should have decent, but not necessarily great, value ... provides significant cap benefit for Winnipeg ... I would also take Allen out of the previously proposed deal.

If Winnipeg is moving Helleybuyck, they will need to move a goalie.

frankly if he was 2-3 years younger, that’s the guy I’d be targeting from Winnipeg.

25 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If Winnipeg is moving Helleybuyck, they will need to move a goalie.

frankly if he was 2-3 years younger, that’s the guy I’d be targeting from Winnipeg.

Then let them ASK for Allen ... better leverage.

A 22 yr old RH d-man idea, that seems interesting.

On paper Boqvist would seem a nice fit.

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2023/06/10/new-montreal-canadiens-trade-target-after-recent-moves-from-columbus-blue-jackets/

"It’s a perfect storm in Columbus, as Jiricek looks primed to take a roster spot this fall, which could make a player like Adam Boqvist expendable; and an interesting proposition for the Canadiens to pursue."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Can a team retain salary for part of a players contract? Like the first out of four years? Or is it all or nothing?

It's all or nothing, a fixed percentage throughout the entirety of the deal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's all or nothing, a fixed percentage throughout the entirety of the deal.

Another tweak that could/should be considered in the next CBA if the NHL and/or NHLPA wants to promote player movement.

Which of our left defence (both NHL level and prospect) would you guys consider in a deal for Adam Boqvist?

Harris, Mailloux, Engstrom?

A move like this would make sense, especially clearing room for Hutson in a few more years. Boqvists numbers are quite good for a 22 year old d man 

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Mailloux is RD.

Ah yes, I should have known that. Makes him even less expendable. 

weirdly I don’t want to trade either of our LD, but we’re going to have a logjam soon

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

Ah yes, I should have known that. Makes him even less expendable. 

weirdly I don’t want to trade either of our LD, but we’re going to have a logjam soon

* Norlinder is expendable.

* "3rd pair Harris" like I call him, is a good LD but in my opinion is expendable

* Xhekaj is more valuable to the Habs than Harris, IMHO, but he may also be expendable

Yes, LD is a logjam even if they trade Edmundson

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

* Norlinder is expendable.

* "3rd pair Harris" like I call him, is a good LD but in my opinion is expendable

* Xhekaj is more valuable to the Habs than Harris, IMHO, but he may also be expendable

Yes, LD is a logjam even if they trade Edmundson

Agree on all three points ... although Norlinder has almost no value IMO.

25 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Agree on all three points ... although Norlinder has almost no value IMO.

I know Norlinder seems to have fallen in value, but doesn't he have more pedigree than Engstrom ?

I forget what was reported

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I know Norlinder seems to have fallen in value, but doesn't he have more pedigree than Engstrom ?

I also agree with your original points. I think Engstrom's stock has risen fairly quickly while Nordstrom's stock has fallen. I think Engstrom is the much more attractive asset right now. 

Certainly a log jam going forward at LD (even if they trade Edmundson as you said) which is not a terrible thing as it gives them some options.  I like Harris but not sure how high his ceiling is but I believe he can also play the right side which is valuable. I really like Xhekaj as he brings an element that others don't (repeating myself here).

Harris is way better than he's being given credit for. 

If this is what he's done as a rookie on the third pair on a bad team, I absolutely think he can grow to be a top 4 D.

https://twitter.com/RyanPraught/status/1650917653127503880/photo/2

Kovacevic is another player we are underrating here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Norlinder has proven to have minimal/no success in North America ... Engstrom is still all potential.

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The numbers look good ... but there are a whole bunch of different WAR models, aren't there? What should I be comparing these to?

These are the from the Jfresh model, which is widely considered the best WAR model and most effective player cards. 

His card breaks down each category from icetime, to usage, to EV Offence, EV Def, PP, PK, passing, finishing, etc....