Jump to content

Permanent Trade Proposal Thread


dlbalr
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Well, my turn to propose one.

 

To Dallas:

Joel Armia, RW, 28, three years left at $3.4M

Small sweetener (fourth-round pick or equivalent prospect)

 

To Montreal:

Radek Faksa, C, 28, three years left at $3.25M

 

Both players have struggled badly this year (Faksa has two goals and 11 assists in 51 games).  Both players have shown flashes of offensive upside over the years (Faksa's career high in points is 33, Armia 30) but are basically just overpaid checkers.  Faksa plays the more premium position and costs a tiny bit less on the cap hence the need for some sort of small sweetener from the Canadiens.  Dallas has Seguin, Benn, Pavelski, and Hintz that all play down the middle (some full-time, some part-time) so they can afford to move out a centre.  The Habs, meanwhile, have winger depth but less depth at centre.  It's a basic change of scenery swap involving bottom six players with the hopes that the change sparks them.

 

ship it!

 

If Armia needs a ride to the airport, I can take him there ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Dvorak 2C, Evans 3C, Faksa 4C?

 

I would go Dvorak - Faksa - Evans ... but I would also come pretty close to rolling those three until separation occurs naturally, so the distinction would likely be more in who gets which wingers than TOI for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I would go Dvorak - Faksa - Evans ... but I would also come pretty close to rolling those three until separation occurs naturally, so the distinction would likely be more in who gets which wingers than TOI for now.

 

That's the order I'd go with as well, at least to start.  If Faksa really has fallen off a cliff offensively, then yeah, Evans would go ahead of him on the depth chart.

 

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Poor Poehling, gets no respect :huh:

 

Poehling can go to the wing which is where he may fit better anyway.  As I've said before, I also don't think he's in their long-term plans.  His performance this season isn't suggesting he has much left in terms of upside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Poehling can either go to the wing which is where he may fit better anyway.  As I've said before, I also don't think he's in their long-term plans.  His performance this season isn't suggesting he has much left in terms of upside.

 

Wait - you mean he’s NOT a sure-fire Danault replacement?? 😮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Poor ***** Poehling *****, gets no respect :huh:

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Chiarot gone, this is the next BIG trade I would love to see:

 

To Montreal: Filip Forsberg(6.0M, pending UFA), Alexandre Carrier(RD $.733M until 2023) and 2nd 2023

 

To Nashville: Lehkonen, Hoffman($4.5M until 2024) and a throw-in like Niku or Wideman.

 

Montreal gets an aging 1st-line start on an expiring contract that they can evaluate for fit and try to sign. Most importantly, they get a top-4 RD

 

Nashville replaces Forsberg with Hoffman for their current play-off run without being saddled with another albatross contract like Duchene or Johansen. They also get Lehkonen who would improve their roster greatly. The defenseman throw-in fills the void left by Carrier but to a lesser degree.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

to recap, I think Lehkonen will be traded in a package either to Pittsburgh or to Nashville :)

via GIPHY

 

Edited by alfredoh2009
added GIF for good measure
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

With Chiarot gone, this is the next BIG trade I would love to see:

 

To Montreal: Filip Forsberg(6.0M, pending UFA), Alexandre Carrier(RD $.733M until 2023) and 2nd 2023

 

To Nashville: Lehkonen, Hoffman($4.5M until 2024) and a throw-in like Niku or Wideman.

 

Montreal gets an aging 1st-line start on an expiring contract that they can evaluate for fit and try to sign. Most importantly, they get a top-4 RD

 

Nashville replaces Forsberg with Hoffman for their current play-off run without being saddled with another albatross contract like Duchene or Johansen. They also get Lehkonen who would improve their roster greatly. The defenseman throw-in fills the void left by Carrier but to a lesser degree.

 

Nashville is actively working on an extension for Forsberg and I think this trade makes them worse this year, not better.  There's no possible way they do this.  Forsberg has 31 goals this season already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

With Chiarot gone, this is the next BIG trade I would love to see:

 

To Montreal: Filip Forsberg(6.0M, pending UFA), Alexandre Carrier(RD $.733M until 2023) and 2nd 2023

 

To Nashville: Lehkonen, Hoffman($4.5M until 2024) and a throw-in like Niku or Wideman.

 

Montreal gets an aging 1st-line start on an expiring contract that they can evaluate for fit and try to sign. Most importantly, they get a top-4 RD

 

Nashville replaces Forsberg with Hoffman for their current play-off run without being saddled with another albatross contract like Duchene or Johansen. They also get Lehkonen who would improve their roster greatly. The defenseman throw-in fills the void left by Carrier but to a lesser degree.

 

 

Don't see how this makes any sense from Nashville's perspective. They give up their best forward right before the playoffs, and replace him with Hoffman?

 

Lekky's probably going for future assets just like Toffoli and Chiarot did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Nashville is actively working on an extension for Forsberg and I think this trade makes them worse this year, not better.  There's no possible way they do this.  Forsberg has 31 goals this season already.

 

Like they say in Quebec "un gars s'essaie" :ph34r: translates more or less to, (in the third person) "I tried, even if not possible"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Like they say in Quebec "un gars s'essaie" :ph34r: translates more or less to, (in the third person) "I tried, even if not possible"

 

I think both of those players make some sense for Nashville if they decided to try to make an addition or two.  But it'd be for future assets, not their top player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

I think both of those players make some sense for Nashville if they decided to try to make an addition or two.  But it'd be for future assets, not their top player.

From what I read yesterday on Forsberg, it seemed like he would not be signing back with NSH

Also, they are very unlikely to get out of the division; so, I think they may cut the losses and make lemonade 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Also, they are very unlikely to get out of the division; so, I think they may cut the losses and make lemonade 

Most GMs tend to think like Bergevin: anything can happen in the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

From what I read yesterday on Forsberg, it seemed like he would not be signing back with NSH

Also, they are very unlikely to get out of the division; so, I think they may cut the losses and make lemonade 

 

Teams in a playoff spot don't sell at the deadline.  Maybe they don't get out of their division but they can still get to the second round depending on the matchup.  They're not selling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently Robin Lehner's injury is significant. 

 

Vegas is sinking and might miss the playoffs entirely. 

 

Jake Allen returns to the Habs lineup tonight. 

 

----

 

Allen for Brendan Brisson 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Apparently Robin Lehner's injury is significant. 

 

Vegas is sinking and might miss the playoffs entirely. 

 

Jake Allen returns to the Habs lineup tonight. 

 

----

 

Allen for Brendan Brisson 

Would MAF be the obvious choice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Allen for Brendan Brisson 

Hughes old rival's kid is pretty good is he?:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DON said:

Hughes old rival's kid is pretty good is he?:D

18 goals and 35 points in 34 games as a sophomore ... so looks like he may be pretty good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're looking to ponder trade scenarios, plenty of teams are watching the Habs tonight:

 

 

Yes, Dallas has two scouts there technically watching their own team.  They've been keeping tabs on Montreal for a bit and vice versa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2022 at 10:36 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

From what I read yesterday on Forsberg, it seemed like he would not be signing back with NSH

Also, they are very unlikely to get out of the division; so, I think they may cut the losses and make lemonade 

 

I am reading different today, @dlbalr you were right:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 2:20 PM, Commandant said:

Apparently Robin Lehner's injury is significant. 

 

Vegas is sinking and might miss the playoffs entirely. 

 

Jake Allen returns to the Habs lineup tonight. 

 

----

 

Allen for Brendan Brisson 

I haven't seen much about Allen being in play, but if he is, I would be very surprised he wouldn't be a fairly hot commodity.  I could easily see scenarios where Edmonton or Dallas would make a play for Allen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 7:58 PM, dlbalr said:

If you're looking to ponder trade scenarios, plenty of teams are watching the Habs tonight:

 

 

Yes, Dallas has two scouts there technically watching their own team.  They've been keeping tabs on Montreal for a bit and vice versa.

 

From those teams' scouts, there have been some trades but only a few that significantly improved a team's chances of the cup.

 

BUYERS:

FLA Add(Chiarot, Giroux, Hagg, Giroux)

CGY Add(Toffoli, Jarnkrok)

TBL Add(Paul, Hagel),

NYR Add(Vatrano)

WPG Add(Appleton)

VAN Add(Dermott)

DAL Add(Wedgewood)

EDM Move(Stalok)

 

SELLERS:

CHI Add(Raddysh, Katchouk, 2x1st draft picks)

ANA Move(Manson, Deslauriers, Lindholm, Curran)

          Add(2022-1st, 2023-2x2nd+3rd, 2024-2nd)

PHI (Tippet & 1st+3rd for Giroux)

DET Move(Stecher)

NJD (0)

NYI (0)

CBJ (0)

 

Teams that did not have scouts at this game but that have been very active: TOR, SEA, ARI

 

I still see a possibility that Lehkonen gets traded (I proposed Pittsburgh or Nashville, but I really don't know where).

 

I am surprised Dallas, St-Louis, Edmonton have been quiet so far.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...