May 29th, Habs @ Rangers 8 PM

I think it's time for the hockey universe to stop ragging on Subban, period. The kid's a warrior. Let him tweet whatever the crap he wants.

I'm not trying to rag on him, it just bugs me that with the players (and media) still in the room, his mind shifted to a mind-numbingly annoying contest. At last count, his lead was nearly insurmountable in the first place, he really didn't need to put the push on while there's still team stuff going on, it could have waited until that was done.

As for the hockey universe ragging on him? I don't think he's had much criticism lately and the little bit he has had in this series was justified as he wasn't at his best. Nonetheless, I think he has gotten rid of a lot of the aura of negativity around him this postseason.

And God bless Les Glorieux for all the great fun and suspense in this terrific run...

What a rout of TB.. and a Bruin Burial at great cost

And a hell of a game 5

I'm sure the guys gave all that they had.

:clap::clap::clap:

How often have we gone even 10-7 in the post-season -- and this time without our star goalie in the final series? A fabulous ride this year, as you say.

The last 3 Stars of the season is now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3409

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else a bit bothered by the fact that Subban's on Twitter less than 45 minutes after the game ended to push for his NHL 15 cover bid? After just getting eliminated, one of his first thoughts/actions is to re-tweet something on Twitter about RT'ing for votes? I find this whole campaign ridiculous (and the Habs' official Twitter page is, simply put, embarrassing itself) so maybe that's clouding my thoughts here. It just doesn't sit right with me though.

Good review Brian and I agree with the Vanek honorable mention. I might have mentioned that one unlikely save that saved the Rangers from going down .. which could have changed the complexion .. but perhaps I dream.

Thanks for all the wonderful input this year to you and the other stalwarts, Lovett's et al.. who make this all possible for us. It's a nice part of life.

Cheers and thanks

I'm not trying to rag on him, it just bugs me that with the players (and media) still in the room, his mind shifted to a mind-numbingly annoying contest. At last count, his lead was nearly insurmountable in the first place, he really didn't need to put the push on while there's still team stuff going on, it could have waited until that was done.

As for the hockey universe ragging on him? I don't think he's had much criticism lately and the little bit he has had in this series was justified as he wasn't at his best. Nonetheless, I think he has gotten rid of a lot of the aura of negativity around him this postseason.

I would interpret his tweet as an attempt to shift his own mind to something positive. Escape the gloom of the moment. But what I'm really saying - with respect - is that I'm just tired of Subban being asked to be a robotic Jonathan Towes all the time and have absolutely zero interest in yet another "controversy" about him not following the absurdly rigid NHL Player Behavioural Manual.

Anyway, I'm too tired and glum to gripe about it. See you all in a little while...after all it's only a month until the draft and UFA day!!

For all you guys ragging on markov, uh do you not think that fatigue played a role esp with Emelin hurt. With Emelin and Weise in this is a different game.

No it wasn't pretty at the end, but this team needs a few tweaks not a purge. They were playing without their top goalie, a top 4 d and nearly pulled it out. If we had scored the first goal I think we would be looking forward to game 7

As I see it:

Definitely gone: Bullion, Murray

Want gone: Bourque while his trade value is at its highest--whatever that might be; Briere, but I don't see that happening

On the fence- Gionta , possibly ok at a much lower salary

Vanek--I want no part of a Phan-not style contract for Vanek

Rookies/ new full time players for next season, NB, JT, and hopefully Pateryn in the role Tinordi and NB had this season

Re-sign: PK, Markov, Weise, Eller, Weaver (#6/7)

Possible trade bait--Plex, prust, gorges, Budaj? Toskarski???

A great season from Les Boys. The question is: can they do it consistently?

Need: a scoring winger

Well, this was a tough loss to take. But I'm fv.cking proud of our boys! They left it all out there, but in the end, I think we ran out of gas. As far as Mt is concerned, how many times did MT take a somewhat controversial decision and it paid off. When a coach does it a few times and it works, you can say he's lucky, but MT did it countless times this year, and most of the time it paid off!

Bye bye Vanek, I hope you enjoy Minnesota! I agree that Tinordi and Beaulieu need to start the season in MTL next year. We need to think about who will replace Markov.

Man, this loss sucks even more knowing the fact that we didnt' have our best player playing for us!

How often have we gone even 10-7 in the post-season -- and this time without our star goalie in the final series? A fabulous ride this year, as you say.

No question. A fabulous ride and LOTS of real good fun.

Anybody see any Bruins in the locker room... No?..... Where'd they go?/!!

I would interpret his tweet as an attempt to shift his own mind to something positive. Escape the gloom of the moment. But what I'm really saying - with respect - is that I'm just tired of Subban being asked to be a robotic Jonathan Towes all the time and have absolutely zero interest in yet another "controversy" about him not following the absurdly rigid NHL Player Behavioural Manual.

Anyway, I'm too tired and glum to gripe about it. See you all in a little while...after all it's only a month until the draft and UFA day!!

Draft and UFA in a month? Cool!

Good speculation on PK's trivial pursuit.. what a superstar he was so often.

See you in a wee bit and thanks again for all the great stuff.

It's okay boys, just join me and Ray with a bottle. No one does diddly at work on Fridays

Wow Lovett's ... Love it!

He could sing.

For the good times!

Bless you boy!

Well said CC. I completely agree!

Wow Lovett's ... Love it!

He could sing.

For the good times!

Bless you boy!

Hahaha! A fitting tune, it was a great run, and season. If, like my dad says "anything less than a Conference Final" is failure, this season was a success. The Habs have nothing to be ashamed of.

Well, this was a tough loss to take. But I'm fv.cking proud of our boys! They left it all out there, but in the end, I think we ran out of gas. As far as Mt is concerned, how many times did MT take a somewhat controversial decision and it paid off. When a coach does it a few times and it works, you can say he's lucky, but MT did it countless times this year, and most of the time it paid off!

Bye bye Vanek, I hope you enjoy Minnesota! I agree that Tinordi and Beaulieu need to start the season in MTL next year. We need to think about who will replace Markov.

Man, this loss sucks even more knowing the fact that we didnt' have our best player playing for us!

We were missing Carey and Vanek.. who simply has to be hurt. Totally different guy. If injured, I'd sign him in a shot and hand him a hero card.

We dun real good!

Hahaha! A fitting tune, it was a great run, and season. If, like my dad says "anything less than a Conference Final" is failure, this season was a success. The Habs have nothing to be ashamed of.

Ya.. but I still don't want 'your warm and tender body next to mine". !!! :rofl:

The last 3 Stars of the season is now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3409

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else a bit bothered by the fact that Subban's on Twitter less than 45 minutes after the game ended to push for his NHL 15 cover bid? After just getting eliminated, one of his first thoughts/actions is to re-tweet something on Twitter about RT'ing for votes? I find this whole campaign ridiculous (and the Habs' official Twitter page is, simply put, embarrassing itself) so maybe that's clouding my thoughts here. It just doesn't sit right with me though.

I agree. I'm not going to be dumb and say he doesn't care, we still have Cherry after all, but that rubs me the wrong way. Subban is becoming a "branded" kind of player like Tiger Woods, Lebron, or Lundqvist with his stupid king hat/mask, or Phaneuf with his Red Bull hat. That doesn't mean he's going to turn into a cancer, it just means that it isn't 2010 anymore, he doesn't just belong to Habs fans.

For all you guys ragging on markov, uh do you not think that fatigue played a role esp with Emelin hurt. With Emelin and Weise in this is a different game.

No it wasn't pretty at the end, but this team needs a few tweaks not a purge. They were playing without their top goalie, a top 4 d and nearly pulled it out. If we had scored the first goal I think we would be looking forward to game 7

As I see it:

Definitely gone: Bullion, Murray

Want gone: Bourque while his trade value is at its highest--whatever that might be; Briere, but I don't see that happening

On the fence- Gionta , possibly ok at a much lower salary

Vanek--I want no part of a Phan-not style contract for Vanek

Rookies/ new full time players for next season, NB, JT, and hopefully Pateryn in the role Tinordi and NB had this season

Re-sign: PK, Markov, Weise, Eller, Weaver (#6/7)

Possible trade bait--Plex, prust, gorges, Budaj? Toskarski???

A great season from Les Boys. The question is: can they do it consistently?

Need: a scoring winger

At 35 years old and with multiple major knee surgeries behind him Markov averaged 25 minutes over 81 regular season games, 26 minutes over 17 playoff games, and was one of Russia's most used D in Olympics. Not to mention his main D partner had a pretty bad year coming back from Knee surgery himself.

For me it's about replacing Gionta and Vanek with good 5 on 5 scorers one needs to be a top 6 the other can be more of a depth type scorer. For Defense I would go with one of the young guys and try to bring in a top 4 D either from free agency or trade.

As for our own UFA's the only one I would look at bringing back is Markov unless he wants a crazy deal. As for Weaver I think he'll get a better offer elsewhere and I rather bring in a higher end guy and go with the young guys in the 6/7 spots.

As for guys I would trade away I would definitly move Moen as Weise basically replaces him. After that I would definitly look to move one of Bourque/Briere to mainly provide us with cap space. As for trading one of our centers while i'm not against it I'm not confident it happens this offseason. During next season however is a different story.

At 35 years old and with multiple major knee surgeries behind him Markov averaged 25 minutes over 81 regular season games, 26 minutes over 17 playoff games, and was one of Russia's most used D in Olympics. Not to mention his main D partner had a pretty bad year coming back from Knee surgery himself.

For me it's about replacing Gionta and Vanek with good 5 on 5 scorers one needs to be a top 6 the other can be more of a depth type scorer. For Defense I would go with one of the young guys and try to bring in a top 4 D either from free agency or trade.

As for our own UFA's the only one I would look at bringing back is Markov unless he wants a crazy deal. As for Weaver I think he'll get a better offer elsewhere and I rather bring in a higher end guy and go with the young guys in the 6/7 spots.

As for guys I would trade away I would definitly move Moen as Weise basically replaces him. After that I would definitly look to move one of Bourque/Briere to mainly provide us with cap space. As for trading one of our centers while i'm not against it I'm not confident it happens this offseason. During next season however is a different story.

Good reminders on Markov the Great. That was one hell of a long year plus the international stuff. I too was surprised by what he wasn't doing at times, but there's a lot of hockey player there.

It could just be a emotional response to avoid dealing with the disappointment of being eliminated.

Simply out skated most of the series.... That OT loss was a killer and coming back three straight was a long shot. I figured the Rangers would show up at home and they did. I didn't notice one Ranger who wasn't playing like their life depended on it. I can't say the same for the Habs since Boston.

Vanek won't sign here and I can live with that. Maybe he was hurt but the effort just wasn't there.

Bourque definitely raised his game in the playoffs.

Gionta is all but done, IMO.

We still need some size up front. Our forwards simply can't wear down other teams D and they struggle in hard hitting games. We have known this all year, it hasn't changed.

I don't know if Price would have been the difference, Tokarski gave them a chance every game, but I feel bad that Price couldn't play it out.

Looking forward to the draft and the FA season.

Toks played extra-ordinarily well. It could be argued that he outplayed Lunquist given the higher quality of shots, but it was Price's ability to play the puck that took a lot of pressure off of the D. I think this is one reason our D was less effective against the Rags, curse them

Simply out skated most of the series.... That OT loss was a killer and coming back three straight was a long shot. I figured the Rangers would show up at home and they did. I didn't notice one Ranger who wasn't playing like their life depended on it. I can't say the same for the Habs since Boston.

Vanek won't sign here and I can live with that. Maybe he was hurt but the effort just wasn't there.

Bourque definitely raised his game in the playoffs.

Gionta is all but done, IMO.

We still need some size up front. Our forwards simply can't wear down other teams D and they struggle in hard hitting games. We have known this all year, it hasn't changed.

I don't know if Price would have been the difference, Tokarski gave them a chance every game, but I feel bad that Price couldn't play it out.

Looking forward to the draft and the FA season.

Well said....

Tokarski was our best player vs Rangers.... the team showed a few short comings, but goaltending wasn't our doom.

It was a well fought series, Rags out played us. The better team won and I am ok with it. I have no gripes this year which is not like me as some of you know. This season I can't blame the team for lack of heart or effort. They fought hard and gave their all so I am proud of them. Good season Habs, we will be better next year!

Tokarski to Edmonton for a top 6 winger?

By the way, this was a team that once again was predicted not to make the playoffs. I think losing in six in the ECF without your number one goalie is pretty impressive. I look forward to the experts saying we will be fighting for a playoff spot next year while claiming Ottawa and Toronto are locks.

Frankly, this team is better then most of us gave them credit for. Ask the Bruins what they think of our terrible defensive play. :)