Jump to content

Fire Bergevin


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Chris said:

D will be so gassed they will be pilons Monday night

Toronto may be in a worse position if Muzzin is out. No Tavares and no Muzzun is huge. 
I think it would help the D if we put Romanov back in.

 

my blood pressure was any high in the second half of the third and through OT, like what the hell were they doing! Than KK came through. It’s been pretty much Price and the kids. For us to win game 7, we need the same and win the battle between two of the worst worst playoff PP’s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

We will see, 

 

both teams have a recent history of folding when things get tough 

As some fair weather fans :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Toronto may be in a worse position if Muzzin is out. No Tavares and no Muzzun is huge. 
I think it would help the D if we put Romanov back in.

 

my blood pressure was any high in the second half of the third and through OT, like what the hell were they doing! Than KK came through. It’s been pretty much Price and the kids. For us to win game 7, we need the same and win the battle between two of the worst worst playoff PP’s.

Danault, Weber, Chiarot get no respect for shutting down TOR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Toronto may be in a worse position if Muzzin is out. No Tavares and no Muzzun is huge. 
I think it would help the D if we put Romanov back in.

 

my blood pressure was any high in the second half of the third and through OT, like what the hell were they doing! Than KK came through. It’s been pretty much Price and the kids. For us to win game 7, we need the same and win the battle between two of the worst worst playoff PP’s.

 

My blood pressure was higher than it's been in a while. I was thinking that I am too old for this but it was worth it in the end. 

 

Whatever happens the rest of the series won't change my thinking about what the Habs need to do. Continue to build with the kids, more Pacioretty type trades, need to rebuild the defence and get more mobile back there.  Tatar won't be resigned, it depends on the price for Danault as he has been great defensively but how much do you pay for who will be a 3rd line centre as KK and Suzuki continue to develop. Armia looks great some nights, non existent on others, again it depends on the price. I am concerned about Gallagher as he has been a non factor so far, maybe he is still not 100%.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Danault, Weber, Chiarot get no respect for shutting down TOR

 

Danault deserves full kudos for what he has done to Matthews. As for Weber and Chiarot, they are gamers, but they spent the last 25 minutes of the game desperately lobbing the puck down the ice. Weber gets hemmed into his own zone so often it is almost sad. Sorry, the only one “shutting down” Toronto at that point was Carey Price.

 

In terms of the wider thread, MB’s job is now safe and so - in a move we will likely regret - is Ducharme’s. I hope against hope that MB’s next contract is of modest length, since he has one overriding mission (to retool the D) and if he fails, the org will be condemned to years more of bubble status.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... Continue to build with the kids, more Pacioretty type trades, need to rebuild the defence and get more mobile back there ...

I would be good with that ... but don't know that MB will reverse course and trade his "Pacs-value" tradable players (i.e., Toffoli, Anderson, Petry, maybe Gallagher) and rebuilding his carefully constructed defence to include at least a couple of true PMD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Danault deserves full kudos for what he has done to Matthews. As for Weber and Chiarot, they are gamers, but they spent the last 25 minutes of the game desperately lobbing the puck down the ice. Weber gets hemmed into his own zone so often it is almost sad. Sorry, the only one “shutting down” Toronto at that point was Carey Price.

 

In terms of the wider thread, MB’s job is now safe and so - in a move we will likely regret - is Ducharme’s. I hope against hope that MB’s next contract is of modest length, since he has one overriding mission (to retool the D) and if he fails, the org will be condemned to years more of bubble status.

 

I'll post my thoughts on Ducharme in the other thread.

 

I think that Bergevin's desperate moves this season, to support his brilliant work in the off season, may have saved his job. I win in game 7 would weight in his favor

 

The D was constructed to last a deep playoff run, chipping the puck out is boring and may be reduced if the forwards come low to support the D, but that harms the transition game.

Building the team around Price and resting Price (not rushing his come back from injury is paying out and benefiting from how the team is built.

The start-less forward group squeezes by on strong forecheck and opportunism (burying their chances)

 

===

Given that MB has not traded the best prospect to load the team with talent, but that the Habs are developing a strong young crop of NHLers, bodes well for the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Danault deserves full kudos for what he has done to Matthews ...

I agree he has done a great job ... and was going to focus on how good he has been on faceoffs, but was shocked to find that even after his 19/29 (66%) game Thursday night, Danault is only at 49% for the series ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I would be good with that ... but don't know that MB will reverse course and trade his "Pacs-value" tradable players (i.e., Toffoli, Anderson, Petry, maybe Gallagher) and rebuilding his carefully constructed defence to include at least a couple of true PMD.

 

I think/hope the fact that MB didn't give up high draft picks/top prospects at the deadline indicates that he is looking to the future.  I really think that Edmonton is a team to target as they will be under pressure to win next year, they need secondary scoring (players you mentioned would help them a lot) and I would love to pry Broberg and to a slightly lesser extent Bouchard away from them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... I think that Bergevin's desperate moves this season, to support his brilliant work in the off season, may have saved his job ...

Not certain what desperate moves made in-season have actually paid off ... Staal has been decent but has earned less than 11 minutes per game this series and likely would have been sitting after the first game if Evans hadn't been injured ... Merrill and Gustaffson have done very little ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Not certain what desperate moves made in-season have actually paid off ... Staal has been decent but has earned less than 11 minutes per game this series and likely would have been sitting after the first game if Evans hadn't been injured ... Merrill and Gustaffson have done very little ... 

 

Agree. I had hopes for Merrill but he has not impressed. Gustaffson, the less said the better. (It’s not that he’s played poorly in limited usage, it’s more that the coaches are so scared to use him that they end up giving plumbers like Chiarot Reilly-like minutes).

 

I would never fire a guy for mediocre deadline acquisitions anyway, unless maybe he traded away high picks for duds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Agree. I had hopes for Merrill but he has not impressed. Gustaffson, the less said the better. (It’s not that he’s played poorly in limited usage, it’s more that the coaches are so scared to use him that they end up giving plumbers like Chiarot Reilly-like minutes).

 

I would never fire a guy for mediocre deadline acquisitions anyway, unless maybe he traded away high picks for duds. 

 

Agree as well, MB simply added a little depth at the deadline without giving up much.  I was fine with that. The harder decisions will be made this summer regarding the free agents and who they leave unprotected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

Agree as well, MB simply added a little depth at the deadline without giving up much.  I was fine with that. The harder decisions will be made this summer regarding the free agents and who they leave unprotected. 

I think you resign Armia after the expansion draft (of course expressing an interest) if it’s for a reasonable amount and let the other UFA’s walk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Danault, Weber, Chiarot get no respect for shutting down TOR

Danault has been amazing. I miss Lehkonen too. His fierce puck battling and retrieval is huge. He keeps the play in the other teams zone for long stretches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still fine with punting Bergevin Tuesday, but still have little faith the next GM hired by Molson would be much of upgrade, so fine with another year also.

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DON said:

Still fine with punting Bergevin Tuesday, but still have little faith the next GM hired by Molson would be much of upgrade, so fine with another year also.

image.jpeg

I’m hoping we can’t punt him on Tuesday (because we are getting ready to play the jets), but I still want him punted whenever the season ends - which if we win the series, I know he won’t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’m hoping we can’t punt him on Tuesday (because we are getting ready to play the jets), but I still want him punted whenever the season ends - which if we win the series, I know he won’t.

 

I think the Habs resurgence against the Leafs has helped MB's cause, especially given the fact that the kids have looked really good. I would like to see him around for another year but that's not my decision obviously. If they do punt him then I pray/hope they hire the right person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

I think the Habs resurgence against the Leafs has helped MB's cause, especially given the fact that the kids have looked really good. I would like to see him around for another year but that's not my decision obviously. If they do punt him then I pray/hope they hire the right person. 

I agree if the habs lost this in 5 games I think Bergevin would of been gone and even  DD. But with this come back and pushing this series to 7 when no one gave the habs a chance to even win a game, I think it has saved both their jobs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

I agree if the habs lost this in 5 games I think Bergevin would of been gone and even  DD. But with this come back and pushing this series to 7 when no one gave the habs a chance to even win a game, I think it has saved both their jobs.

 

Yep. I would almost put money on this. Molson is not going to cock up the “feel good story” of the Habs pushing the Leafs to Game 7 by firing everyone. Even if we lose, the narrative will be “we have great young players and we’re close.” That is a flawed narrative IMHO, but it will be the narrative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pushing the leafs to 7 isn't my idea of doing damage especially scoring 2 goals or less in 6 of them. 

 

I still fire everyone if they lose tonight, 2 round will save MB 

 

Unfortunately Molson, MB are fine with being mediocre 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Pushing the leafs to 7 isn't my idea of doing damage especially scoring 2 goals or less in 6 of them. 

 

I still fire everyone if they lose tonight, 2 round will save MB 

 

Unfortunately Molson, MB are fine with being mediocre 

 

I suspect that Molson is; my guess is that he just wants the money and good vibes to keep flowing. 

 

I’m sure MB badly wants to win. But I don’t trust him to look objectively at this roster and this series when it’s all done. I would guess that he will still adhere to a religious faith in the undying excellence of Weber and to the virtues of plodding, slow-footed defencemen with size. An objective GM would see very clearly the need to retool the D. Will he? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, fire him when the season is over

 

for the same reasons i mentioned, 

 

It's Price 9 years ago and it's Price now. hasn;t done much to improve the rest of the team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...