Jump to content

Round 3, Game 5: Montreal Canadiens @ Golden Knights


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Is this the first time this team chemistry has been this good since the days when PK and Price were doing their low five's? 

Oh it’s much better than that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In all honesty they have proven game in game out that they just want it more. 
 

And for what it’s worth, (and many of you may not agree) heart will always trump talent when the game is on the line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Un-fricking-believable! How many of us would have believed at the beginning of the season that we would eventually be one win away from the cup finals?

 

:1banana::1banana::1banana:

You ain't kiddin amigo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So... we're up 3-2 and we're heading back to Montreal. .....up 3-2... and heading back to Montreal. 

 

Sometimes it just feels so good to have been born and raised in Montreal as a young man. 

 

Allons y!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anybody believe that little Caufield kid? And a Suzuki with a four barrel carburetor! And KK scores. 

 

But most of all I'm seeing us play as a team with a lot more comfort and confidence in our team mates. 

 

That pass by Perry was golden .. and the shot... Whew! 

 

Up 3-2 with a chance to win it at home in Montreal!!! Just what the Ghosts wanted!

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

Oh I know that I agree, but I can't think of a time other than that... Never seen the players truly enjoy playing with each other as much as this group of guys. 

They really do seem to be standing beside each other all the way and pouring it all out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn this team plays so hard. Perry is such a beaut who will be loved forever by Habs fans for postseason. Give Carey three, and he'll take care of the rest. I wish I was back la ville de mon coeur tonight!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Can anybody believe that little Caufield kid? And a Suzuki with a four barrel carburetor! And KK scores. 

 

But most of all I'm seeing us play as a team with a lot more comfort and confidence in our team mates. 

 

That pass by Perry was golden .. and the shot... Whew! 

 

Up 3-2 with a chance to win it at home in Montreal!!! Just what the Ghosts wanted!

 

 

I did say back at the trade deadline when we couldn't score that we should trade Tatar get some useful draft picks that we could trade for someone else at the draft and play Caufield... I do believe i got laughed at  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

I did say back at the trade deadline when we couldn't score that we should trade Tatar get some useful draft picks that we could trade for someone else at the draft and play Caufield... I do believe i got laughed at  

 

Seeing all the injuries we have had on D in the playoffs, and how our depth got us through those injuries.... I'm glad we also kept the depth at forward.  We may not have needed it as much as we did on D, but still five more wins to get and you never know when that depth can make an appearance. 

 

Id rather have some depth in case we get injuries at this point of the playoffs than a few extra picks. who cares about a couple picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Neech said:

Damn this team plays so hard. Perry is such a beaut who will be loved forever by Habs fans for postseason. Give Carey three, and he'll take care of the rest. I wish I was back la ville de mon coeur tonight!!

Every Montrealer I meet loves Montreal. I find others who value and like their cities or think they are good places.. but Montrealers LUV Montreal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I did say back at the trade deadline when we couldn't score that we should trade Tatar get some useful draft picks that we could trade for someone else at the draft and play Caufield... I do believe i got laughed at  

I wasn't informed enough to have an opinion.. so no laugh from me. :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sportsnet were discussing the lack of shots by Habs defenseman. The two best shooters are playing injured, but I think there may be more to it than that. Vegas forwards are all amazing shot blockers and most of them are very fast. In the first couple games, Habs shots were blocked, bounced out of the zone, resulting in a quick counter with speed by Vegas forwards. I think they are not shooting because it's a high risk play possibly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Seeing all the injuries we have had on D in the playoffs, and how our depth got us through those injuries.... I'm glad we also kept the depth at forward.  We may not have needed it as much as we did on D, but still five more wins to get and you never know when that depth can make an appearance. 

 

Id rather have some depth in case we get injuries at this point of the playoffs than a few extra picks. who cares about a couple picks.

 

I think you're missing his point.  i.e. the Habs have a $5.5 mil guy sitting out, who they could have traded for outright or for picks they would flip to pickup a dman that they would be playing.  

 

Its like the Habs are doing the exact opposite of Tampa.  The Bolts had a 10 mil guy out all season where the Habs have 2 guys worth over 10 mil out of the playoffs.  I find that to be the craziest part about this playoff run.  i.e. Tatar and Drouin make $11 mil and they're out and the Habs are 1 win away from being in the Cup finals.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

 

I think you're missing his point.  i.e. the Habs have a $5.5 mil guy sitting out, who they could have traded for outright or for picks they would flip to pickup a dman that they would be playing.  

 

Its like the Habs are doing the exact opposite of Tampa.  The Bolts had a 10 mil guy out all season where the Habs have 2 guys worth over 10 mil out of the playoffs.  I find that to be the craziest part about this playoff run.  i.e. Tatar and Drouin make $11 mil and they're out and the Habs are 1 win away from being in the Cup finals.  

 

I realize your point.  

 

Mine is that injuries are unpredictable and we needed every forward we had down the stretch of the regular season when the forwards were hurt and every defenceman we have had in the Jets series when our d was hurting.

 

We might not have even made the playoffs without who we have 

 

Also what changes if you trade him.  Did you deal him to colorado and he scores an OT goal in game 3... all of the sudden the avs are playing us instead of Vegas.  Or some other change. Does he help minny beat vegas in that series? Or is he in the east and now something changes where we play him in the final?

 

We are one win away from the Cup Final.  No point second guessing moves from the deadline.  The team has needed every body and may not be this far without them.  Every second guessed move could have a butterfly effect 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Damn right! All hands on deck, brother!!

 

 

I said last game that this is the best Habs team for winning one-on-one battles I’ve seen since 1993. At least. Their “active sticks” are insane. The team is just relentless. 

 

Yvonne worked her magic again!! ONE MORE WIN!! IN MONTREAL, BABY!!!

My 11 year old son who unfortunately grew up seeing nothing but losing by th habs, has been asking me why I follow the habs for the last 4 years. He doesn’t get how I grew up a habs fan, never having lives in Montreal. there are zero habs fans in his grade, but there are fans of the Oilers, pens, knights, lightening, and obviously the flames. He’s been wearing the jersey I got him more and actually wants to watch the games with me now. I showed him clips of the 70’s and 80’s teams in the past, but now he is actually paying attention! 
 

one more win, and he can hopefully experience the first time he gets to see the habs playing for the cup!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

I realize your point.  

 

Mine is that injuries are unpredictable and we needed every forward we had down the stretch of the regular season when the forwards were hurt and every defenceman we have had in the Jets series when our d was hurting.

 

We might not have even made the playoffs without who we have 

 

Also what changes if you trade him.  Did you deal him to colorado and he scores an OT goal in game 3... all of the sudden the avs are playing us instead of Vegas.  Or some other change.

 

We are one win away from the Cup Final.  No point second guessing moves from the deadline.  The team has needed every body and may not be this far without them.

 

Yes, that is totally true too.  I feel that they have more Forwards out and have a greater need for another dmen though.  

 

I've said this numerous times:  if even just 1 of MB moves were to be undone, the Habs would not be where they are right now.  Thats another wild part about this playoff run.  Its like every single move he has done needed to be done and they have all paid off.  ex:   Merrill hasn't be great, but even picking him up was needed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

My 11 year old son who unfortunately grew up seeing nothing but losing by th habs, has been asking me why I follow the habs for the last 4 years. He doesn’t get how I grew up a habs fan, never having lives in Montreal. there are zero habs fans in his grade, but there are fans of the Oilers, pens, knights, lightening, and obviously the flames. He’s been wearing the jersey I got him more and actually wants to watch the games with me now. I showed him clips of the 70’s and 80’s teams in the past, but now he is actually paying attention! 
 

one more win, and he can hopefully experience the first time he gets to see the habs playing for the cup!

What a good dad! Habs are the essence of hockey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about this guys......  after game 5 in Vegas......we're up 3-2 and heading to Montreal .. the home of hockey. We have a chance to win this series at HOME!!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

My 11 year old son who unfortunately grew up seeing nothing but losing by th habs, has been asking me why I follow the habs for the last 4 years. He doesn’t get how I grew up a habs fan, never having lives in Montreal. there are zero habs fans in his grade, but there are fans of the Oilers, pens, knights, lightening, and obviously the flames. He’s been wearing the jersey I got him more and actually wants to watch the games with me now. I showed him clips of the 70’s and 80’s teams in the past, but now he is actually paying attention! 
 

one more win, and he can hopefully experience the first time he gets to see the habs playing for the cup!


My 8yr old was born here in CT.  
 

Die hard hockey fan he is.  I brainwashed him from birth. It hasn’t been easy growing up a Habs fan in Bruin/Ranger territory. 
 

Funny story. Before the playoffs started he wanted us to each fill out a bracket. He mostly picked the favorites because he based his picks on regular season point totals. 
 

My bracket had Montreal playing the islanders in the final. 
 

He questioned and laughed at my picks. He said I was making my picks based on my fandom and not common sense.  I told him you can’t measure the heart of a team with points. 
 

Safe to say he’s starting to grasp the concept. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Habs have two games to put away the VGKs, looking really impressive and likely to do it next game.

 

I am a half-full glass kind of fan, often defending MG, who ever is the coach and the vets whenever they falter

 

but never in my dreams I thouhgt the Habs would be one win away from the fricking Stanley Cup finals this season!

 

I am so happy to say:

 

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

Go Habs Go!!!

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I've said this numerous times:  if even just 1 of MB moves were to be undone, the Habs would not be where they are right now.  Thats another wild part about this playoff run.  Its like every single move he has done needed to be done and they have all paid off.  ex:   Merrill hasn't be great, but even picking him up was needed.  

Frolik is probably the only one that has not contributed in some way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Helmethead said:

I told him you can’t measure the heart of a team with points. 

 

Safe to say he’s starting to grasp the concept. 

That's awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...