2023 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Ovie and Poutine are tight ... doubt he cares about Michkov breaking what will eventually be his good buddy's record.

Hahaha, ya, but that is because OV is the best Russian hockey player.  "Poutine" will be equally tight with the next top Russian player too.  

Sorry, I'm spamming the board. But it sounds like this was a positional pick (RD). If so, I don't like that. I'm BPA all day every day.

6 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I absolutely agree, that pick was fairly dumb.

There may not have been a deal to be made there. Who knows?

Hughes says they finalized the decision to pick Reinbacher this morning (assuming the top 4 went as expected I assume) and that their scouts have been high on him all year.

Just now, huzer said:

Habs had their pick and were convinced he wouldn't be available later. That's all I can say about that.

There was a lot of talk that I heard/read that Arizona liked him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dalhabs said:

Poor kid, you must tell him he is the new orr.

Only needs to be the new Larry.

WTF, why didn’t they trade down??? Offense Rich draft and they pick a dman at 5?????? This has regret oicjnwritten all over it!

Hopefully next year everyone on the board will once again be excited to tank for someone of Reinbacher’s skill level.

:sarcasm_on:

Will there be a trade of any sort soon, Habs or not.

SIX teams pass on Michkov now ... if Philly does there is something we don't know.

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

WTF, why didn’t they trade down??? Offense Rich draft and they pick a dman at 5?????? This has regret oicjnwritten all over it!

IF the word that Arizona wanted him is accurate, then trading down was not an option.

Look at the bright side. Stud RHD. If he ends up as a #1, we won't regret this pick.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Who knows what the offers actually were.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sorry, I'm spamming the board. But it sounds like this was a positional pick (RD). If so, I don't like that. I'm BPA all day every day.

There may not have been a deal to be made there. Who knows?

I certainly hope that I am wrong, but the pick wreaks of KK all over again.  He was the top C of that draft, and Reinbacher is the top dman in this draft.

I remember a lot of fans who were dismayed when we picked Carey Price too.

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

SIX teams pass on Michkov now ... if Philly does there is something we don't know.

Seems pretty shocking.

1 minute ago, Helmethead said:

Habs fans here in Nashville are NOT happy

Running an NHL team is not a democracy, though.

It’s not the pick I would have made but am counting on the Habs’ management and scouting teams intel and logic being superior to mine.

6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Hopefully next year everyone on the board will once again be excited to tank for someone of Reinbacher’s skill level.

:sarcasm_on:

Post of the day!

• Like 1