2023 NHL Playoffs

tomh009

I care about one thing and one thing only: that the Toronto Maple Leafs lose. Preferably in as excruciating and humiliating a way as possible, but the main thing is that they lose.

I really do believe this will be the year they at least win one round - unfortunately. 🤮

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I care about one thing and one thing only: that the Toronto Maple Leafs lose. Preferably in as excruciating and humiliating a way as possible, but the main thing is that they lose.

I really do believe this will be the year they at least win one round - unfortunately. 🤮

I care about a few things; Leafs lose, Florida loses and living in Edmonton is a lot more fun with the Oilers doing well so with the Habs gone I will cheer for the Oilers although I understand why many don't like the Oilers since they have had more #1 picks than any team deserves. 

I will be very surprised if the Leafs don't take out Tampa but I will never underestimate Tampa and Cooper is one smart coach, he seems to be able to push the right buttons when he needs to.  

Rangers - Jersey is going to be a really, really fun series to watch. 

I fear the Bolts are going to get spanked. Perhaps the old vets have one more good playoff in them but this might be the year leafs see round two. 

Florida must lose and they likely will. 

I don’t care about Edmonton either way but I hope the Jets get swept. I also hope Scheifele ruptures a testicle for what he did to Evans. 

• dlbalr changed the title to 2023 NHL Playoffs
11 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I care about a few things; Leafs lose, Florida loses and living in Edmonton is a lot more fun with the Oilers doing well so with the Habs gone I will cheer for the Oilers although I understand why many don't like the Oilers since they have had more #1 picks than any team deserves.  

Go Oilers...i guess.

I am cheering for the Wild and the Devils ... I don't expect either to get far ... but after 11 missed playoffs, 9 first round losses, 5 second-round losses, 2 third-round losses and a Freaky Finals loss in the last 30 years I am used to disappointment.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Go Oilers...i guess.

I don’t want the oilers

to win. Will never hear the end of it from my Oiler friends. Hoping the Avs, stars, or islanders win. I’d love to see the reaction from Canucks fans if the Islanders win (or even do well in the playoffs) and Horvat plays a a key role! 

but the main Hope above all

others is the leafs get knocked out by Tampa, and then the Bruins lose against them despite their great regular season.

38 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t want the oilers

to win. Will never hear the end of it from my Oiler friends. Hoping the Avs, stars, or islanders win. I’d love to see the reaction from Canucks fans if the Islanders win (or even do well in the playoffs) and Horvat plays a a key role! 

but the main Hope above all

others is the leafs get knocked out by Tampa, and then the Bruins lose against them despite their great regular season.

I actually tend to see the Bruins as an “ace in the hole” in the event that the Leafs get past Tampa. So I’m happy that they seem unstoppable. This attitude will change if and when the Leafs are eliminated, but for now, let the Bruins be a juggernaut positioned to impede any deep playoff run by TO.

13 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I will be very surprised if the Leafs don't take out Tampa but I will never underestimate Tampa and Cooper is one smart coach, he seems to be able to push the right buttons when he needs to.  

I don’t like to ask too many things of the hockey gods, so I prefer to channel all hope into one narrow flume: DIE LEAFS DIE. I’ll worry about other things once that box is ticked.

I want nothing more than the leafs to die in the most gruesome way possible. 

However, Tampa seems to be ready to be taken down. 

That being said, they are a well marinated team. 

And teams like that seem to be able to dial it up 3 notches when it counts. 

Fingers crossed. 

The only things I am really cheering for is a deep run by the Oilers and a first round Toronto exit. 

I do think this year the cup is Boston's to lose.  They're just solid all around, which makes for a scary playoff team, as much as it pains me to give Boston props.

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Worst possible outcome would be Florida beating Boston then getting destroyed by the leafs  

That’s not a worst possible outcome, that’s a nightmare! A sign of the apocalypse!!!

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Worst possible outcome would be Florida beating Boston then getting destroyed by the leafs  

As long as the Leafs don't win the cup I don't care how many rounds they win.  Perhaps the worst torture for Leaf fans would be to lose a heart breaker in game 7 of the final. I sure don't want Florida to win 2 rounds. 

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

As long as the Leafs don't win the cup I don't care how many rounds they win.  Perhaps the worst torture for Leaf fans would be to lose a heart breaker in game 7 of the final. I sure don't want Florida to win 2 rounds. 

I don’t want the leafs to win even one round. Certainly not two. I’d take the lower draft pick, rather than have to endure the Toronto sports networks for two rounds of leafs in the playoffs.

I HATE the leafs, bruins, and flamea with a passion, but can ensure the bruins winning. Not Toronto!! Don’t know id have said that 10 years ago.

33 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Wouldn't want to risk it ... one BOUNCE and the next few decades are intolerable, filled with "2023 anniversaries/celebrations/memories/etc." from the "national" media outlets.

33 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Wouldn't want to risk it ... one BOUNCE and the next few decades are intolerable, filled with "2023 anniversaries/celebrations/memories/etc." from the "national" media outlets.

Oh I hear you, Leaf fans would be insufferable.  It would be tough to take.  Hopefully the Leafs and Florida go out in the 1st round.  

Even if they get to the Finals there will be loving video remembrances of the “magic year” and sentimental excrement from the likes of Ron Maclean for basically the rest of our lives. Non merci. (Meanwhile, notice that nobody EVER talks sentimentally about the Habs Run of 21; it’s like it never happened). Let those pus-bags loose, as excruciatingly and humiliatingly as possible, as soon as possible. I’m with Habs29 - I don’t want them to win one single round. 

54 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Even if they get to the Finals there will be loving video remembrances of the “magic year” and sentimental excrement from the likes of Ron Maclean for basically the rest of our lives. 

Nobody want to relive the heartbreak of getting to the cup final and losing. Getting to the finals and losing is the worst for a lot of reasons;

a) you came so close to winning the cup but still didn't achieve your goal

b) players who had great playoffs will demand more money and it's hard to say no after a good run (this happened to the Oilers and it really hurt them)

c) the long grind of the playoffs almost guarantees you will get off to a slow start the following year

While I really hope the Leafs lose in the 1st round, losing in the final is even worse. 

Honestly, I dont fully care who really wins or what happens outside of Flor not advancing and the Leafs not winning the Cup.  Other than the run in 21, last years playoffs were the most exciting that I have seen in decades.  There were so many great series last year and I certainly hope that continues this year.  The high paced speed and high scoring from last years playoffs was unbelievable.  

33 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Honestly, I dont fully care who really wins or what happens outside of Flor not advancing

This is me. Even in the highly unlikely scenario that the Leafs win … meh. None of it really matters to the Habs.

I’ll instead focus on the exciting finish to the English Premier League season. 🙂

Noticed in The Athletic playoff bit.

I dont follow the west closely and was surprising that Oilers such favorites to make the finals.

And hope is correct, i could pull for McDavid and crew to bring cup back to Canada.

image.png

2 hours ago, DON said:

Noticed in The Athletic playoff bit.

I dont follow the west closely and was surprising that Oilers such favorites to make the finals.

And hope is correct, i could pull for McDavid and crew to bring cup back to Canada.

image.png

Don’t really know why but I want the oilers to bust and if I look at that list and think 🤔 if the leafs make it…which team can beat them?

Oilers might but leafs will fill the oilers net - leafs have better D and goaltending is a crap shoot. 

The Aves might if they get some players back and get their game together.