2023 NHL Playoffs

tomh009

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

While I’m a bit surprised by how easy the Rangers are beating Jersey, I’m not convinced they can beat Toronto. 

Rangers run and gun a lot and playing that game with Toronto won’t end well. Leafs have significant power

Every round that Toronto wins shifts the odds significantly in the direction of Ultimate Disaster (I.e., a Cup). I do not want to find out if the Rags can beat the Leafs. Frankly TO has the profile of a team that, if they do finally slay the dragon they of first round failure, will have the talent and momentum to go all the way. I’m peeved at the Bruins for appearing to be crapping out the one time we really need them to be invincible 🤬

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Every round that Toronto wins shifts the odds significantly in the direction of Ultimate Disaster (I.e., a Cup). I do not want to find out if the Rags can beat the Leafs. 

I don't want to find out either, just being realistic on what might/could happen. 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

While I’m a bit surprised by how easy the Rangers are beating Jersey, I’m not convinced they can beat Toronto. 

Rangers run and gun a lot and playing that game with Toronto won’t end well. Leafs have significant power

The Rangers have significant firepower a better top 4 defense and most certainly a better goalie. 

50 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I still think Toronto loses to Tampa.  I think Hedman will be back, game 4 at latest

I hope you are right, it seems to be a mysterious injury Hedman has. It's been a fun couple games to watch even though neither game has been real close, a lot of emotion. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I still think Toronto loses to Tampa.  I think Hedman will be back, game 4 at latest

If Vasilevskiy returns to his .922 playoff form and Samsonov continues to maintain his sub-.900 playoff form it may not take much for the TBL to put the Leafs out of our misery ... the Leafs are what I call a "downhill team" ... look great when running downhill but lose it when the challenge of running up-hill presents itself.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Every round that Toronto wins shifts the odds significantly in the direction of Ultimate Disaster (I.e., a Cup). I do not want to find out if the Rags can beat the Leafs. Frankly TO has the profile of a team that, if they do finally slay the dragon they of first round failure, will have the talent and momentum to go all the way. I’m peeved at the Bruins for appearing to be crapping out the one time we really need them to be invincible 🤬

I suppose there is the possibility that the leafs will be so relieved, so exasperated, so celebratory after making it to round 2 that they forget there are more rounds to go! 

Hopefully if it does happen the leafs consider their task complete and crap right out. 

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Not good for the Bruins.

"Jim Montgomery says Patrice Bergeron did not make the trip to South Florida and that Linus Ullmark is a game-time decision for tonight. Montomery said they're looking at Game 5 for Bergeron to "likely" return."

2-0 Bruins after two--with only 12 shots for the Panthers.

It's 4-0 now.

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m peeved at the Bruins for appearing to be crapping out the one time we really need them to be invincible 🤬

Relax, it was only 1 game they lost.  Likewise, it was only 1 game that the Leafs won. 

With a bit of luck, we'll get to see Marchand lick Mathews on the cheek while Giordano jumps on him and they'll share a special moment rolling around together on the ice.    

Wow, that was a super slick set play LA did on the PP to tie it back up just after the Oilers went ahead 2-1 on a PP.  As LA was moving the puck up ice and the guy with the puck was around center ice when he played it back to his dman who was still in his own end but skating hard up ice.  The dman immediately takes a hard slap shot from just over thier blueline that purposely wasn't on net.  The puck bounced fast off the back boards and right to the other LA F that was racing hard up ice right as the shot was taken.

I saw a bit of Oiler game, was laughing watching Danault 'accidently" tied up, on top of and holding McDavid down, pretty savvy defensive centre. LA would be OK underdog to pull for if beat the Oilers.

McDavid getting those back to back top corner goals, impressive player.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

How the hell.does.that goal in la count?

That was a weird 1 for sure. You thought he touched the puck? After watching all the replays I am completely uncertain if he he did or didn't touch it.  It certainly looked like he made contact with it because when the puck was in the air it was in perfect alignment to touch his stick.  However, none of angles showed conclusive proof that he touched it.  The puck didn't really change direction either, which is likely why they couldn't overturn the call on the ice.  Annoyingly, the only angle that would have absolutely shown what happened the camera was pointed down at the ice so the puck and his stick were off the top of screen. 

It still bothers me seeing danault play so well for someone else. Letting kk walk was a good move, but danault, not so much. I still wish we would have kept danault and Lehkonen.  Both are young enough to be part of a rebuild.

23 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

It still bothers me seeing danault play so well for someone else. Letting kk walk was a good move, but danault, not so much. I still wish we would have kept danault and Lehkonen.  Both are young enough to be part of a rebuild.

If Slaf is a star then it's worth it. No way we bottom out that bad with Danault. I agree they are both special defensive forwards for whom we'll be searching for replacements for a long time.

52 minutes ago, Neech said:

If Slaf is a star then it's worth it. No way we bottom out that bad with Danault. I agree they are both special defensive forwards for whom we'll be searching for replacements for a long time.

At the moment I'm pinning my hopes on Beck to grow into that role, but he's still got a long way to go. In the meantime, I think that Armia is the closest we have to that, and he's definitely not a Danault or a Lehkonen.