2023 NHL Playoffs

tomh009

15 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He is a solid 3rd pair D that can play up over short spans. He would not fit in the Habs LD depth chart which bodes well for the Habs

I am glad for him on getting this goal

Kulak is just an odd dman.

He's good at skating with the puck. Zone entry/exits.. but not really good at passing.. creating chances/breakouts.

Then defensively he's not physical or a crease clearer but positionally sound with a good stick?

I feel a lot of coaches would struggle to fit him in. He needs a crease clearing partner who can do a breakout pass... Edmonton has those.

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2023 at 4:43 PM, TurdBurglar said:

He should take a look at the 2 phantom calls on Marcus Foligno on Sunday then.  Both of which lead to PP goals, in a game that ended 3-2 for Dallas, so those PPGs had a major impact on the game.

The second one, with less than 5 minutes left in a 2-1 game was this "tripping" call.

Not sure which ref called it, but given the way Marchment's leg whips around, I can certainly see why a ref interpreted that as a trip, with Foligno's foot going under Marchment's left leg.

I can watch games fairly objectively, and it's absolutely amazing how many people are conspiracy theorist, ref boo-ing maniacs. At the end of the day, refs are going to get some calls wrong. It's part of the game.

After the Leafs made it 3-2 I almost thought they might be able to tie it, but nope.  

The Devils are winning 3-0 and look like they will take the lead in their series.  Surprisingly, they've definitely clawed their way back into that series.  After losing the 1st 2 games I figured they were basically done.

I'm definitely rooting for the Jets to try to comeback in their series.  Either way, I'd like to see Dubois do something at least.  If he wants to play for Habs he might better prove that he can produce in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

After the Leafs made it 3-2 I almost thought they might be able to tie it, but nope.  

The Devils are winning 3-0 and look like they will take the lead in their series.  Surprisingly, they've definitely clawed their way back into that series.  After losing the 1st 2 games I figured they were basically done.

I'm definitely rooting for the Jets to try to comeback in their series.  Either way, I'd like to see Dubois do something at least.  If he wants to play for Habs he might better prove that he can produce in the playoffs.  

Well he’s done a pretty good job taking penalties, but not sure if that’s the production you want to see.

38 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The most shocking thing to me about the playoffs so far is the Rangers losing 3 in a row after winning the 1st 2 in Jersey.  

Even if those had been road games it would be shocking.  In tonight's games they said  NJ had 20 shots in the 2nd and NYR had 2.  

I don't really care who wins it but before that series started I didn't really think NJ would.  They are still very young and don't have a lot of playoff experience and based on that I figured they would lose.  It is fairly common for a young Division leading team to lose in the 1st rnd.  

D'oh, its safe to say that the Jets are done.  They're down by 4 with under 10 mins left and I've only really seen them have 1 really good scoring chance but the Vegas G made a great save.  

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

C'mon Bruins, you don't really want a game 7 do you? 

Ullmark or Swayman? Will Krejci be back? And Pastrnak needs to get to his usual form.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Ullmark or Swayman? Will Krejci be back? And Pastrnak needs to get to his usual form.

Yes, Pastrnak needs to get going.  Looking like it could be a game 7 where the favourite starts to grip their stick a little tighter than usual. 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I don’t have confidence that Boston can beat the Leafs anymore. Ulmark looks suspect and the leafs will eat him alive. 

Go Tampa, Go Boston

I have a bad feeling about the Bruins, have seen this movie before.  Their regular season was too easy, everything went right, no adversity.  Game 7 is always such a crap shoot.  If they don't come back and win tonight then I think Florida wins in 7.  Florida is not intimidated about playing at the garden, have already won twice there in the playoffs. 

Well that was a surprising crap ending to the NYI series.  It went into OT and the poor Isles were all over the Cannes for 5+ mins until a icing was waved off.  Shortly after Stasny was in the corner near the goal line and put the puck on net and somehow it went in.

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight in the Leafs series.  This Leafs team does seem to be different than their previous teams that failed to get it done.  Unfortunately for Leaf fans, if they don't win tonight I think the Coach and/or GM will be the problem this year.  i.e. they will start second guessing who should play and make changes that they shouldn't have made.  I'm thinking their mistake will be not going with Samsonov in game 7.