2023 NHL Playoffs

tomh009

19 minutes ago, Neech said:

Kyle Connor was drafted at #17 in 2015 and he'd be our best forward of this century.

Dante Fabbro would be our best RHD... 17th in 2016

Travis Sanheim would be a top 4 D for us... 17th in 2014

Thomas Hertl, Zach Parise, seem like good players to have drafted too. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Dante Fabbro would be our best RHD... 17th in 2016

Travis Sanheim would be a top 4 D for us... 17th in 2014

Thomas Hertl, Zach Parise, seem like good players to have drafted too. 

Not to mention all the great players drafted between 17 and 30. It seems that the best way forward for Habs fans is to grit our teeth and let the Leafs win one more round, and hope like hell they can't win 4.

Leafs lost but Panthers won.:spamafote:

Pavelski scores all 4 goals after Dallas being down 4-0:thumbs_up:, now off to OT. He cant score the winner also can he?.

Domi 3a

Dadanov 4pts 16 shots in 7 games

8 hours ago, DON said:

Pavelski scores all 4 goals after Dallas being down 4-0:thumbs_up:, now off to OT. He cant score the winner also can he?.

Domi 3a

the way Dadonov is performing in Dallas kind of makes the point I was making that he was not well used in MTL

Like Lehkonen, Kulak and others that seem to perform better after they move away from MTL

43 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

the way Dadonov is performing in Dallas kind of makes the point I was making that he was not well used in MTL

Like Lehkonen, Kulak and others that seem to perform better after they move away from MTL

I think Kulak played well in Montreal which is why they were able to get a 2nd round pick (Lane Hutson) for him. I think he is playing better in Edmonton now that they have Eckholm and he has a lesser role.  Dadonov played well for Montreal his last 20 games there but certainly got off to a slow start. Lehkonen's stats have definitely picked up in Colorado but that may be a case of having the opportunity to play with some elite talent. He has certainly fit in well there. That looks like it could be a good trade for both teams as Barron has really started to look good. 

49 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

the way Dadonov is performing in Dallas kind of makes the point I was making that he was not well used in MTL.

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... Dadonov played well for Montreal his last 20 games there but certainly got off to a slow start ...

Dadonov gives a 💩 in Dallas ... he started doing so leading up to the trade deadline with the Habs.

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... Like Lehkonen, Kulak and others that seem to perform better after they move away from MTL

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think Kulak played well in Montreal which is why they were able to get a 2nd round pick (Lane Hutson) for him. I think he is playing better in Edmonton now that they have Eckholm and he has a lesser role ...

Agreed ... his TOI has even dropped a 1:09 a game 5-on5 and 51 seconds short-handed ... he is a decent 3rd pairing defenceman, nothing more on a good team.

9 hours ago, DON said:

Domi 3a

Dallas wasn't down 4-0

Dallas was up 2-0, went down 4-2, and then tied it. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Dallas wasn't down 4-0

Dallas was up 2-0, went down 4-2, and then tied it. 

Still pretty amazing what Pavelski is still doing. SJS must be kicking themselves for signing Kane and not being able to resign the heart and soul of their team.

Draisaitl is off the chart. Yet the Oil lose. Too bad…if I have an agenda in these playoffs other than seeing the Leafs lose, it’s pro-Oiler. They’re a likeable team, I have a soft spot for Kulak, and McDavid is the category of player who deserves at least one Cup.

Speaking of which, McDavid was wheeling, dodging, spinning, battling, but couldn’t quite break through all night. I’m sure he’s very annoyed. Despite his two assists, Vegas did a good job of containing him, especially in the third.

VGK are structurally a pretty sound team, and battle-hardened by extensive playoff experience. Skinner can’t be letting in 5 even with that offensive power in front of him, not against those guys. 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Draisaitl is off the chart. Yet the Oil lose. Too bad…if I have an agenda in these playoffs other than seeing the Leafs lose, it’s pro-Oiler. They’re a likeable team, I have a soft spot for Kulak, and McDavid is the category of player who deserves at least one Cup.

Speaking of which, McDavid was wheeling, dodging, spinning, battling, but couldn’t quite break through all night. I’m sure he’s very annoyed. Despite his two assists, Vegas did a good job of containing him, especially in the third.

VGK are structurally a pretty sound team, and battle-hardened by extensive playoff experience. Skinner can’t be letting in 5 even with that offensive power in front of him, not against those guys. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed, Skinner has to be better for the Oilers to win.  He wasn't terrible but pretty average/mediocre. I think a lot of people still don't realize how good Draisaitl is.  McDavid worked his butt off but it seemed like Vegas bent but didn't break as they were pretty disciplined. 

10 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The 17th pick is definitely slipping away. Oh well. 

And HOORAY for that, I say. :clap:

However, I’m not counting the Leafs out just yet. A 2-0 deficit - especially when heading back home - is by no means insurmountable and the Leafs are a very strong team without any key injuries. I will not relax vis-a-vis this series until the Leafs are finally where they belong, i.e., on the golf course.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

...However, I’m not counting the Leafs out just yet. A 2-0 deficit - especially when heading back home -...

They just lost both at home, correct. 

Not that home ice seems to matter much. 

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Florida is playing with house money, playing loose, having fun and getting great goaltending.  A tough combination to beat. I think the Leafs are done. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Oh shoot, how did I miss that???

I am running on a sleep deficit these days and really should not post things at 6:30 in the morning. Apologies to the board.

Being 0-2 going back to the other team’s barn is a whole other story.

I still wouldn’t count ‘em out - but their position is now that of trying to pull off the kind of “miracle” that, if you do it, can propel you all the way. The problem is those miracles are profoundly hard - they’re called miracles for a reason.

Every time I see a road team up 2-0 all I can think of is that 2011 series against the Bruins.

We have them dead in their tracks going back to Montreal.

They beat us in OT in game 7 and went on to win the cup.

Literally had Claude Julien on the verge of being fired.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

And HOORAY for that, I say. :clap:

However, I’m not counting the Leafs out just yet. A 2-0 deficit - especially when heading back home - is by no means insurmountable and the Leafs are a very strong team without any key injuries. I will not relax vis-a-vis this series until the Leafs are finally where they belong, i.e., on the golf course.

HOORAY???????

I tuned in to Sportsnet post-game and lasted all of 30 seconds ... the two points I heard made were that the Leafs have outplayed the Panthers and have not lost a game in Florida these playoffs ... exactly what I expected.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

HOORAY???????

I tuned in to Sportsnet post-game and lasted all of 30 seconds ... the two points I heard made were that the Leafs have outplayed the Panthers and have not lost a game in Florida these playoffs ... exactly what I expected.

Well, yes, hooray. Obviously I am not happy to see our pick drop, but as I’ve broadcast in my posts, I regard it as an overriding imperative that the Leafs not win the Cup. Moving from 17th to 29th is a price I am willing to pay. Your point about Leafs cheerleading is exactly what I’m talking about. Imagine that, amplified X20000000, every day for the rest of your life, and you’ll see why I regard this a small price.

5 hours ago, Helmethead said:

Every time I see a road team up 2-0 all I can think of is that 2011 series against the Bruins.

We have them dead in their tracks going back to Montreal.

They beat us in OT in game 7 and went on to win the cup.

Literally had Claude Julien on the verge of being fired.

Yeah, they beat us in a series in which our best FW was injured and nearly crippled for life due to a deliberate assault by Chara, who received token punishment from the league and got rewarded with a Game 7 OT win in Round One. Absolute bull crap.