Scratches: Pyatt, Weber, Boyd
Injuries: Markov
Record: 20-7-5 (1st in East)
Scratches: Shelley (susp.), Bartulis, Boucher*
Injuries: Lapieriere, Walker

Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST
TV: RDS, TSN
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

I likely wont get a chance to update the lines and stats for the Flyers tomorrow so if a mod wouldn't mind updating those, or I can do it after work, if peeps can wait that long.

Edited by dlbalr

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Kostitsyn was practicing on the 4th though and that Moen was with Camm and Plex... Which would sucks bad, I must admit.

Yup I can confirm that AK46 will be on the 3rd line, and Moen will play with Plex and Camms. At least that 's what it'll look like at the beginning of the Game. I wouldn't be surprised to see AK46 moved to the 1st line midway through the game.

I'm gonna be at the game tonight...i sure hope our boys show up for this one. I don't want them to continue this "slump". Kick some Flyer ass for me!

This game is key to keep a pace in december.

The Flyers are wore down winning Pittsburg last night.

If Habs do not win Boston will be a tough win before what is most of the month road trip.

In the words used so many here, It's a must win game !

Yup I can confirm that AK46 will be on the 3rd line, and Moen will play with Plex and Camms. At least that 's what it'll look like at the beginning of the Game. I wouldn't be surprised to see AK46 moved to the 1st line midway through the game.

I'm gonna be at the game tonight...i sure hope our boys show up for this one. I don't want them to continue this "slump". Kick some Flyer ass for me!

It'd be fun if they swapped Darche and Kostitsyn's spots. Pouliot - Eller - Kostitsyn on the 3rd/4th line?

This could be a move to combat Philly's ability to roll 3 dangerous lines out there.

This game is key to keep a pace in december.

The Flyers are wore down winning Pittsburg last night.

If Habs do not win Boston will be a tough win before what is most of the month road trip.

In the words used so many here, It's a must win game !

The only must win games are the ones that eliminate you from the playoffs.

It's only 2 points and all it takes to make up the lost 2 points is 1 win.

The only must win games are the ones that eliminate you from the playoffs.

It's only 2 points and all it takes to make up the lost 2 points is 1 win.

Yeah - this is a game we should expect to lose, especially considering our walking wounded. (That Gomer and Spacek are dressed doesn't mean they're anywhere near 100%). Philly is a team basically constructed to beat us. Unfortunately, this game follows on the heels of two losses (one good, one bad) and so a loss tonight will really compound a narrative of doom and gloom around the Habs. Get ready for lots of bitter commentaries, attacks on Martin, fuliminations on how we're 'really a bubble team,' etc., etc.. The task for the Habs will likely be to ignore all of that crap, put their heads down and play their game like they can -which, I suspect, they will. Like you, I believe in the system.

Yeah - this is a game we should expect to lose, especially considering our walking wounded. (That Gomer and Spacek are dressed doesn't mean they're anywhere near 100%). Philly is a team basically constructed to beat us. Unfortunately, this game follows on the heels of two losses (one good, one bad) and so a loss tonight will really compound a narrative of doom and gloom around the Habs. Get ready for lots of bitter commentaries, attacks on Martin, fuliminations on how we're 'really a bubble team,' etc., etc.. The task for the Habs will likely be to ignore all of that crap, put their heads down and play their game like they can -which, I suspect, they will. Like you, I believe in the system.

All of that stuff is reactionary. Look at the Caps right now, every team hits rough patches born of injuries, tough road trips

or opponents etc.

Remember the reaction on this board after dropping back to back games against Philly and how the season was over and

time to look to next year. Out of the Olympic Break the Habs went 7-1 to put themselves into the 6th seed and vaulted

themselves into the 3rd round of the playoffs.

I don't worry about 1 single game in December. I want them to win, but if they don't I am not going to panic.

I'm just happy that I can watch this game on TV and not a choppy internet stream. My region got screwed with the new TSN alternate feed since RDS isn't part of our cable, plus I only understand 20% of french broadcasts anyway. I have the NHL package but when a Habs game is on, it gets blacked out. So it is a rare treat for me to be able to watch an english, unbiased, smooth broadcast. Habs win 4-2

Yea, the habs are 1-1 aginst Philly this year. Why should they expect tos ethis one. They just had a complete no show in Toronto. No excuse not to come out strong and win this one. 3 days rest, Philly back to back.

Before playing an elimination game in playoffs you first have to make the playoffs.

Making them by the skin ot the teeth in a dog fight is not something i want to see again this year..

Keep a pace and stay out of reach is important.

Elimination game means the game that eliminates you from the playoffs. Whether that

is in the regular season or playoffs, same to me.

Nobody wants to see a dogfight every year, but it is out of our control. If that is what is going

to happen, it is going to happen. Why stress about a game in December that is equal to the same

amount of points in January, February, March or April?

The Habs have made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 seasons and the year they won the Eastern

Conference they had a 2-7 streak in December, they also lost 5 of 7 in February. If they are

among the top 3 teams in the East they will compensate with a 6-7 game win streak again

where the reactionary response will be to place them among the elite again.

The game is worth just over 1% of the available points this year. Not a must win by any means.

I understand some games are meaningless but ISN'T it more exciting to kick someone's a** when you can ?

Nobody will be happier if they beat the Flyers than me, but I won't lose sleep if they don't.

I have seen to many improbable winning and losing streaks to care about one game.

The 1993 Habs won 7 of their final 18 games and dropped from 1st overall to 3rd in their division

and then lost 2 straight in the first round before winning 11 straight games. The 86 Habs went 2-9

in March and won the Cup going 15-5.

It's just a 2 point game.

Nobody will be happier if they beat the Flyers than me, but I won't lose sleep if they don't.

I have seen to many improbable winning and losing streaks to care about one game.

The 1993 Habs won 7 of their final 18 games and dropped from 1st overall to 3rd in their division

and then lost 2 straight in the first round before winning 11 straight games. The 86 Habs went 2-9

in March and won the Cup going 15-5.

It's just a 2 point game.

Well, not sure I share this Zen-like detachment...but it's hard to argue with the logic. I guess the key is to care passionately about the outcome (which is the fun part of being a fan) while resisting the attendant trap to draw wider conclusions about the team's prospects from that one game.

I think that the reason for the reactions is that people see how badly we get handled by teams when they shut down the offense. I love Flyers and Bruins games. They are awesome and always have been. Win or lose, there is a lot of rivalry and passion. I respect the Bruins a lot more though. The Flyers are dirty. The Bruins are tough. Should be a good one tonight.

Go Habs Go

Time for the Habs to get back on the horse. The last 2 losses have led to our Northeast advantage over Boston evaporating. This is a MUST WIN if we want to remain in charge of our division and avoid falling to 6th or something. Hopefully we bring a deadly "A" game tonight.

GO HABS GO!

Time for the Habs to get back on the horse. The last 2 losses have led to our Northeast advantage over Boston evaporating. This is a MUST WIN if we want to remain in charge of our division and avoid falling to 6th or something. Hopefully we bring a deadly "A" game tonight.

GO HABS GO!

Good to see you on the boards man.