Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The new rumor is Price for Luongo... .

I would probably do that and I could see Vancouver wanting Price.. I could see Price wanting to go to Vancouver to play... what I don't see is the GMs having the guts to pull the trigger on it.

I would trade Price for Huet and Toews in a heartbeat... In fact, I would trade him for Toews.

Neither deal is possible given our cap status.

What about Price and Hamrlik for Luongo and Edler?

I can't see Price or Luongo moving...

Neither deal is possible given our cap status.

What about Price and Hamrlik for Luongo and Edler?

We'd bust the cap as well... Edler is making much more money than Price and Luongo much more than Hamrlik...

Hamrlik 5.5

Price 2.2

----------

Luongo 6.75

Edler 3.25

-----------

Meh... we really only have Kosty, Spcek and Plekanec in that range.

Uh...Why would Vancouver trade the best goalie in the game AND a 23 year old d-man who already can put up 40 points a year for an aging d-man and a good young goalie who still has a lot to prove????

Give it SOME thought guys...

Uh...Why would Vancouver trade the best goalie in the game AND a 23 year old d-man who already can put up 40 points a year for an aging d-man and a good young goalie who still has a lot to prove????

Give it SOME thought guys...

i believe this qualify as an e1 even he would not tout this as a real trade.

The new rumor is Price for Luongo... .

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some clown posts 'trade Luongo for Price' on the 'Reader Reply' section of the Vancouver Sun website and hey, presto, it's the latest 'rumour.'

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some clown posts 'trade Luongo for Price' on the 'Reader Reply' section of the Vancouver Sun website and hey, presto, it's the latest 'rumour.'

No, there is a rumor that a team is comtemplating a goalie swap for Price and the rumour is that the trade would shock people as the other goalie is a number 1 guy!

I am not saying it will happen, just that that is the new rumor, vs the old one of Halak to Chicago.

Cap issues are over blown. GMs have a lot of ways to deal with the cap. Typically, there has to be other players moved to resolve it. Hence you see trades where you send an expensive underperforming vet to a team with a ton of cap space, and add a prospect or pick to compensate them.

I still say that unless Gainey can pull off a trade to bring in someone to play with Pleks, we are going to struggle. Given we have two young goalies, it makes sense that one of them would be in that trade. We don't have a lot of other assets to give up. I have always assumed it was Halak going, but if a team came looking for Price and offered good value for him, then why not?

I dunno, but if you ask me Detroit is a club that should, by rights, be very interested in a promising young goalie with claims to already being a legit #1. Not a rumour, just a thought.

The Vancouver Canucks believe themselves to be Cup contenders. Luongo is the keystone to that. They are NOT going to deal away Luongo. Dumb rumour.

I dunno, but if you ask me Detroit is a club that should, by rights, be very interested in a promising young goalie with claims to already being a legit #1. Not a rumour, just a thought.

The Vancouver Canucks believe themselves to be Cup contenders. Luongo is the keystone to that. They are NOT going to deal away Luongo. Dumb rumour.

I bet they are having these exact same discussion on Blue Jackets messageboards. It is obvious that Steve Mason

was a one season fluke and is the next Jim Carey.

I bet they are having these exact same discussion on Blue Jackets messageboards. It is obvious that Steve Mason

was a one season fluke and is the next Jim Carey.

The blue jackets actually have discussion boards? ;)

seriously though I think it is a little early to call him the next net detective or Raycroft. Even cam ward's performence dipped quite a bit for a stretch.

The blue jackets actually have discussion boards? ;)

seriously though I think it is a little early to call him the next net detective or Raycroft. Even cam ward's performence dipped quite a bit for a stretch.

I do believe Wamsley was being sarcastic... ^_^

No, there is a rumor that a team is comtemplating a goalie swap for Price and the rumour is that the trade would shock people as the other goalie is a number 1 guy!

I am not saying it will happen, just that that is the new rumor, vs the old one of Halak to Chicago.

Cap issues are over blown. GMs have a lot of ways to deal with the cap. Typically, there has to be other players moved to resolve it. Hence you see trades where you send an expensive underperforming vet to a team with a ton of cap space, and add a prospect or pick to compensate them.

I still say that unless Gainey can pull off a trade to bring in someone to play with Pleks, we are going to struggle. Given we have two young goalies, it makes sense that one of them would be in that trade. We don't have a lot of other assets to give up. I have always assumed it was Halak going, but if a team came looking for Price and offered good value for him, then why not?

Just wondering if anyone knows what our real cap space is with Markov on LTIR?

look at it this way - after Dandenault, Schneider, and Chelios, it will be awesome to see Lidstrom play for the habs in the 2014-15 season.

no no we are only bringing back ancient Habs. we are in "remember when mode" However maybe MAB could sit down or go on the buss or something. I thought he was a good signing till he started passing the puck all over our end in front of the goalie. He was a mistake at this point. Ah well what the hell I loved chilli lets bring him back. hey maybe kenny could still play goal. or larry could come back i hear he is in great shape. Are we bringing back every guy who still has skates from the last 100 years or what?

Edited by habs rule