February 7, 2013, Montreal vs Buffalo, 7 PM

dlbalr

We need to either make a move for a backup or we are in trouble. Please stop the bleeding!!! We have trade bait, Budaj has great stats(so I have been told), Weber and White. The 3 must bring a decent backup from someone with 3 real goalies in the system.

Dont know if I ever want to see Ryan White in a habs jersey again... makes Chris Simon look like a smart hockeyplayer. Thanks very much.

Thats a bit much.

Yes White has pucked up twice now but he can turn it around just needs to get his emotions in check.

Budaj is a back up and I think thats the way Price likes it no chance of a goalie controversy.

If Budaj is going to be the backup, then Price better like playing every damn game this season too...because the team can't give away games in a season this short by playing a bum.

don't get why Bourque and Gionta were selected. You have a hot kid in Galy junior and Eller was good last year.

Bourque historically is good in the shootouts. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I seem to recall Bourque's career shootout goal percentage is actually one of, if not the Habs' best.

As for White, the Habs lucked out with only getting a double minor (2/5/10 is what I think it should have been).

We need to either make a move for a backup or we are in trouble. Please stop the bleeding!!! We have trade bait, Budaj has great stats(so I have been told), Weber and White. The 3 must bring a decent backup from someone with 3 real goalies in the system.

Seriously? You're really going to call me out for having a difference of opinion? I thought he had a decent first two periods. Not great, not good, decent. For that I'm going to get sarcastic ridicule?

Anyone saying that Budaj didn't blow this didn't watch the game. We were only in it because he got lucky. His puck control was lethal. He stunk, plain and simple. We can't have him doing this every time he plays. I said it after his first piss poor outing, now it is 2. Don't throw stats at me, give me wins. This game shouldn't have been close. Other than the 3rd goal he should have had the others. The 3rd was a routine save for a real goalie as well but I will give hom that one as he isn't an NHL goalie.

Anyone saying that Budaj didn't blow this didn't watch the game. We were only in it because he got lucky. His puck control was lethal. He stunk, plain and simple. We can't have him doing this every time he plays. I said it after his first piss poor outing, now it is 2. Don't throw stats at me, give me wins. This game shouldn't have been close. Other than the 3rd goal he should have had the others. The 3rd was a routine save for a real goalie as well but I will give hom that one as he isn't an NHL goalie.

I personally pin this loss on White (momentum killing penalty) but I'll grant you that Budaj didn't exactly help my case in the 3rd period. :)

• Upvote 1

Bourque historically is good in the shootouts. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I seem to recall Bourque's career shootout goal percentage is actually one of, if not the Habs' best.

As for White, the Habs lucked out with only getting a double minor (2/5/10 is what I think it should have been).

Seriously? You're really going to call me out for having a difference of opinion? I thought he had a decent first two periods. Not great, not good, decent. For that I'm going to get sarcastic ridicule?

Not calling you out, saying he really stunk. Forget the stats ,Zero puck control is not decent goaltending. Not for an NHL goalie, backup or not.

I thought White was getting 5 at least there too.

You guys can blame whoever you want. The bottom line is they had 2 games with a lead in the third, they blew 3 points. Good teams find ways to win, habe in the past find waysto lose. MT has to change the culture and get these guys to bear down.

I would want to see Prust, Armstrong, Eller out there the last minute with Subban and Emelin. You need big bodies to clear the crease. They didn't hit or knock anyone down the last scramble. They brought in beef for a reason, they should use it.

I'll take 6-3-1 every 10 games this year. This team is looking better and they are alot more fun to watch win or lose.

I would sit DD for a few and see what Eller or Gatenchuk can do with Cole and Pacs

I personally pin this loss on White (momentum killing penalty) but I'll grant you that Budaj didn't exactly help my case in the 3rd period. :)

Sabres had 40 shots tonight… 7 Powerplays… a 5 on 3… and Budaj made 17/18 saves when the barrage was on in the 2nd period.

He played a good (not great) game.

The fact of the matter is this game is 4-2 and its practically in the bag when Ryan White does something incredibly selfish, incredibly stupid and completely unacceptable

I’m sorry, this loss isn’t on the backup goalie. The backup goalie stopped 90% of the shots sent his way tonight.

Sabres had 40 shots tonight… 7 Powerplays… a 5 on 3… and Budaj made 17/18 saves when the barrage was on in the 2nd period.

He played a good (not great) game.

The fact of the matter is this game is 4-2 and its practically in the bag when Ryan White does something incredibly selfish, incredibly stupid and completely unacceptable

I’m sorry, this loss isn’t on the backup goalie. The backup goalie stopped 90% of the shots sent his way tonight.

I was giving Budaj the credit through 2 but his 3rd period effort was particularly shaky.

Over/Under on consecutive games missed by White beginning on Saturday? (And Therrien had some harsh words for him in the presser so it's safe to assume he's sitting against the Leafs...) I'll set the number at 3.5, over or under?

Over.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him on waivers and Blunden called up.

Therrien was that mad.

If Moen is actually hurt, they can retroactively IR him and pull Blunden up (which I do expect to happen) without having to go through the waiver process. Or, they can invent an injury for Kaberle/Weber and IR one of them. As frustrated as I am with White, I'm not sure putting him on waivers right away is the best solution.

The NHL site is finally back up so here are the numbers:

Bourque last year was 2/5 last year, 5/12 the year before. Eller was 1/5 last year, didn't shoot the year before. Gionta was 2/4 last year, 1/6 the year before. It's understandable that Bourque at least would be in there.

I don't like to see the Habs throwing a guy like White on the scrap pile - he's a gutsy guy who will drop 'em and if he can ever get himself under control, he could be damned useful player. As always, I want to see us work with a guy to make him better rather than have some other team do that. But judging from Therrien's remarks to the media, it just may prove his undoing here.

And I gotta say, that was absolutely one of the WORST, most idiotic penalties I can recall a Hab taking. You watch that and go..."huh????" It's ridiculous enough to make you wonder if there aren't other issues going on with White (substance abuse, that sort of thing) - because a mistake that cataclysmically ridiculous isn't something an NHLer makes. Unless maybe his name is Avery.

You guys can blame whoever you want. The bottom line is they had 2 games with a lead in the third, they blew 3 points. Good teams find ways to win, habe in the past find waysto lose. MT has to change the culture and get these guys to bear down.

I would want to see Prust, Armstrong, Eller out there the last minute with Subban and Emelin. You need big bodies to clear the crease. They didn't hit or knock anyone down the last scramble. They brought in beef for a reason, they should use it.

I'll take 6-3-1 every 10 games this year. This team is looking better and they are alot more fun to watch win or lose.

I would sit DD for a few and see what Eller or Gatenchuk can do with Cole and Pacs

Armstrong and Eller were out there on the last shift along with Plekanec to take the faceoff. No one really tried to clear any bodies out of the crease and Ott was allowed to walk all the way in almost into the net. It should've been a penalty but Budaj also needs to cover the puck there.

They aren't going to sit DD he hasn't been playing great but I don't think he's bench worthy either. Plus who are you going to dress over him there really are no better options.

I was giving Budaj the credit through 2 but his 3rd period effort was particularly shaky.

Over/Under on consecutive games missed by White beginning on Saturday? (And Therrien had some harsh words for him in the presser so it's safe to assume he's sitting against the Leafs...) I'll set the number at 3.5, over or under?

Over. I think it's going to be a while before we see him again. He definitly dropped himself a few notches on the depth chart. When you have a private meeting with a coach and then go out and do exactly what he told you not to do, it's going to be tough to get back in. I think we would see Blunden, Weber, Kaberle in the lineup before we see White again. I recommend Anger Management classes for White.

White definitely gets an assist, but Budaj's inability to handle any puck shot low was so obvious Buffalo didn't even try to shoot high. Every shot there turned into a scramble.

Didn't get to watch till halfway through the 3rd period, but just watched the highlights. White's penalty was awful and he should be sat (Over, btw Brian) but Buffalo took bad penalties too, and the fact is that when your team scores 4 goals then they should win. Budaj let in 5 (6) and that was the difference.

For those wanting to dump or waive White, I'll add that he is a guy who would be picked up faster than you can say Lucic.

I like kid, he's got a lot of heart. He's just got to learn how to use his brain.

• Upvote 1

For those wanting to dump or waive White, I'll add that he is a guy who would be picked up faster than you can say Lucic.

I like kid, he's got a lot of heart. He's just got to learn how to use his brain.

True, and if Therrien really knows discipline he'll discipline White.

You know how it goes. 24 hour overreaction.

Couldn't agree more.